Any difference in appearance of the strut between performance handling package and non-php model of 2000 Chryser 300M?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 29th 15, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Tokyo 300M

Default Any difference in appearance of the strut between performance handling package and non-php model of 2000 Chryser 300M?

Hi there I am riding my 2000 300M in Japan (very rare) but I'm not sure if
mine is with php or not. I think Chrysler Japan has sold only one model/trim
as simply "2000 Chrysler 300M" as mine. No choice, no option at that time.

Mine has 3.5 V6, 16inch rim, front disk brake with rotors that has air inlet
outside (wheel lug nut side) of the disk, unlike usual brake disks sold on
ebay or somewhere as "for 300M".

Im considering replacing whole strut due to terribly worn and broken isolator
and slightly noisy riding recently. But searching for parts on ebay or some
other parts sales sites, Ive noticed there are so many struts out there for
w/o php!

Hopefully I want to replace strut as a whole because my parts (shocks, spring,
mounts, etc) are all like 14yrs old, and want to avoid spring compressing
process.

So I have 2 questions,
1, How can I see if my 300M is with php or not? Any difference in appearance?
2, What is the difference between strut parts for php and w/o php? Any
difference in diameters? or just a different spring rate or some?

Any suggestion or recommendation would also be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/...anc-72148-.htm