yes, it's a mileage thread

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 25th 10, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default yes, it's a mileage thread

XS11E wrote:

> You're very surprised, unfortunately. I've never got to 30mpg, ever.
>
> Problem with an NA is it's straining to stay with traffic, 80+ mph is
> too fast for good economy in that car but below 80 mph is instant rear
> end accident.
>
> NOTE: What IS reasonable highway speed? I've followed a guy in a 18
> wheeler running 90mph between Indio and Blythe on I-10, a guy in a
> Surburban at around 108 mph (I was almost 7 years younger and much more
> reckless then.)
>
> That was on the bike, of course, I don't know if the Miata will go 105
> nor can I afford the cost if the CHP decides that's too fast!

I am talking about what the car can do, not what it can do with you at
the wheel. :-)

If I bought your Miata from you, I am sure that I could squeeze better
mileage out of it than I did out of my heavier '96M with a larger
engine, unless you have something adversely affecting the fuel economy.

I typically drive 70-ish in a 65, almost never 80. No problems so far
with being rear-ended at 70MPH, even in heavy traffic, but tickets are a
guaranteed thing at 80MPH around here, and I can't really afford even 10
or 15 over.

Just one speeding ticket in the last 15 years, and two warnings, (one
was for 65 in a 60, sheesh), knock on sheet metal.......

Pat

different oil thread... peter Mazda 1 March 10th 09 06:15 PM
AWA [OFFER] Genuine HeliCoil Thread Repair Kit HeliCoil Inserts HeliCoil Gauge & Thread [email protected] General 0 May 3rd 06 11:51 AM
Another mileage thread- 90s Cher-GW? Stupendous Man Jeep 8 April 25th 06 07:01 PM
High Mileage VW Bug Mileage Paul Regal VW air cooled 51 April 5th 05 07:36 AM
Car Wax - 04 Thread Johnny Hashbrowns General 3 May 17th 04 02:05 AM