Jeep Wrangler Sport 2000

Old June 16th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.4x4

Default Jeep Wrangler Sport 2000

Hello,

I guess I have been running my 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4X4 too hard.
I fried the transmission. Anyone know how much it costs to get it
replaced/fixed? I live in the Boston, MA area. Anyone know of a cheap
honest mechanic?

Old June 16th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.4x4

What did you do to the tranny? Fill it with water?

It is unusual to hear about them trashed....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old June 17th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.4x4

I'm not sure what happened. It started happening during this winter in
Northern New Hampshire. On colder days it slipped more and more and
eventually quit. I checked the fluid level and it was fine. I even
had the fluid replaced and it continued to get worse. I drove it much
in 4 wheel drive mode to help me in the snow. It's not the transfer
case though, but the main transmission. Any ideas?

Old June 17th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.4x4

Hey, those pictures are great! What trail is that? Do you mind giving
me the details of that route or a similiar route? Those are great!!!!

Old June 17th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.4x4

Is it an automatic or 5 speed?

'Slipping' implies an automatic. Otherwise, slipping means a bad
clutch.

The automatic's shift points are controlled by the throttle position
sensor up on the throttle body. I would recommend you pull it's plug
and use a spray contact cleaner to the socket and pins. They can look
clean, but a clean does them wonders. I am not sure where the
automatic's computer module is, but a clean of it's contacts can't hurt
either.

Mike

Old June 18th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.4x4

Yes it's a 5 speed automatic. The jeep will not move at all at this
point.

Old June 18th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.4x4

2000 auto was a Chrysler 999 three-speed.

ups.com...