Strange Impact? Noise

Old May 19th 17, 11:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
J.B. Wood[_2_]

Default Strange Impact? Noise

Hello, everyone. On my way home from the office recently I was entering
a limited access highway in my 2011 Ford Focus when I encountered what I
thought was a heavy object striking the side of my vehicle. I figured
at the very least I should have a large dent(s) on the side of my car
but a subsequent walk-around of the parked vehicle revealed nothing.
There wasn't any debris or other objects on the road at the time of the
encounter. Perhaps something happened under the hood but the vehicle
appears to be behaving as always. I know this isn't much detail but
this has me baffled. Thanks for your time and any comment. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail:
Old May 19th 17, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
The Real Bev[_5_]

On 05/19/2017 03:29 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:
> Hello, everyone. On my way home from the office recently I was entering
> a limited access highway in my 2011 Ford Focus when I encountered what I
> thought was a heavy object striking the side of my vehicle. I figured
> at the very least I should have a large dent(s) on the side of my car
> but a subsequent walk-around of the parked vehicle revealed nothing.
> There wasn't any debris or other objects on the road at the time of the
> encounter. Perhaps something happened under the hood but the vehicle
> appears to be behaving as always. I know this isn't much detail but
> this has me baffled. Thanks for your time and any comment. Sincerely,

A deer? That happened to us in Utah -- the deer bounced back and then
ran away. Not a mark on the car.

--
Cheers, Bev
It's not the speed that kills, it's the stopping.
Old June 13th 17, 03:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 5:31:41 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 05/19/2017 03:29 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:
> > Hello, everyone. On my way home from the office recently I was entering
> > a limited access highway in my 2011 Ford Focus when I encountered what I
> > thought was a heavy object striking the side of my vehicle. I figured
> > at the very least I should have a large dent(s) on the side of my car
> > but a subsequent walk-around of the parked vehicle revealed nothing.
> > There wasn't any debris or other objects on the road at the time of the
> > encounter. Perhaps something happened under the hood but the vehicle
> > appears to be behaving as always. I know this isn't much detail but
> > this has me baffled. Thanks for your time and any comment. Sincerely,

> A deer? That happened to us in Utah -- the deer bounced back and then
> ran away. Not a mark on the car.
>
> --
> Cheers, Bev
> It's not the speed that kills, it's the stopping.

Deer in D.C.? Might be best to take your car to a shop, let them look it over.
Old June 15th 17, 11:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
J.B. Wood[_2_]

On 06/13/2017 10:32 AM, JR wrote:
> On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 5:31:41 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:
>
> Deer in D.C.? Might be best to take your car to a shop, let them look it over.

Hello, and although I reside in nearby northern VA, there's more to the
District than the mall and 1600 Penn Ave. I've seen a number of deer
near that location (SW DC) of my OP. It's a very wooded area. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail:

Strange Noise mike3 Technology 11 September 23rd 08 01:33 PM
Strange noise Bigusdickus Ford Explorer 1 May 28th 08 05:32 PM
strange noise from rear of fwd car [email protected] Technology 2 April 20th 08 01:50 PM
Strange Slurping Noise Mark Sparge Ford Explorer 3 April 17th 07 11:36 AM
Strange noise Z’RiX Corvette 8 December 7th 05 02:24 PM