Jeep Cherokee headlights - worthless

Old March 17th 16, 04:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ps56k[_3_]

Default Jeep Cherokee headlights - worthless

I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee,
and was really interested in the new Jeep Cherokee (smaller version).
BUT - I talked to a person that had one at the grocery store,
and she said that the headlights are worthless,
and I should read all the negative comments online.

I have - and did -
Too bad... looked like it was going to be my next car (
Old March 20th 16, 04:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

On 3/16/2016 9:57 PM, ps56k wrote:
> I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee,
> and was really interested in the new Jeep Cherokee (smaller version).
> BUT - I talked to a person that had one at the grocery store,
> and she said that the headlights are worthless,
> and I should read all the negative comments online.
>
> I have - and did -
> Too bad... looked like it was going to be my next car (

Safety has been ignored in favor of styling and "aerodynamics".

Plastic lenses used today are only good for the life of the car if you
keep the haze off them but probably don't focus the light worth a darn.

And people wonder why I like pre-1985 vehicles so well .. .. ..

Budd (85 Dodge D-250)

---

Old March 28th 16, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ps56k[_3_]

On 3/19/2016 10:55 PM, Budd Cochran wrote:
> On 3/16/2016 9:57 PM, ps56k wrote:
>> I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee,
>> and was really interested in the new Jeep Cherokee (smaller version).
>> BUT - I talked to a person that had one at the grocery store,
>> and she said that the headlights are worthless,
>> and I should read all the negative comments online.
>>
>> I have - and did -
>> Too bad... looked like it was going to be my next car (

> Safety has been ignored in favor of styling and "aerodynamics".
>
> Plastic lenses used today are only good for the life of the car if you
> keep the haze off them but probably don't focus the light worth a darn.
>
> And people wonder why I like pre-1985 vehicles so well .. .. ..
>
> Budd (85 Dodge D-250)
>
> ---

This is one the brand new 2013-2016 version of the Jeep Cherokee -
with the LED running lights, and the lower mounted small headlights.
The online complaints, along with the person I talked to in the parking
lot, all have the same comlaint...... can't tell if they are turned on !

Old March 29th 16, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

On 3/28/2016 1:06 PM, ps56k wrote:
> On 3/19/2016 10:55 PM, Budd Cochran wrote:
>> On 3/16/2016 9:57 PM, ps56k wrote:
>>> I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee,
>>> and was really interested in the new Jeep Cherokee (smaller version).
>>> BUT - I talked to a person that had one at the grocery store,
>>> and she said that the headlights are worthless,
>>> and I should read all the negative comments online.
>>>
>>> I have - and did -
>>> Too bad... looked like it was going to be my next car (

>> Safety has been ignored in favor of styling and "aerodynamics".
>>
>> Plastic lenses used today are only good for the life of the car if you
>> keep the haze off them but probably don't focus the light worth a darn.
>>
>> And people wonder why I like pre-1985 vehicles so well .. .. ..
>>
>> Budd (85 Dodge D-250)
>>
>> ---
>>

> This is one the brand new 2013-2016 version of the Jeep Cherokee -
> with the LED running lights, and the lower mounted small headlights.
> The online complaints, along with the person I talked to in the parking
> lot, all have the same comlaint...... can't tell if they are turned on !

There used to be a guy on the net that ran an automotive lighting
company that could probably answer your questions and my half-heimers
has caused me to forget his name, but also, have you looked into
lighting options from Quadratec? (quadratec.com)

--
Budd Cochran

http://mrd150.wix.com/clcochransr

---

Old March 29th 16, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

On 3/28/2016 9:38 PM, Budd Cochran wrote:
> On 3/28/2016 1:06 PM, ps56k wrote:

>>> Safety has been ignored in favor of styling and "aerodynamics".
>>>
>>> Plastic lenses used today are only good for the life of the car if you
>>> keep the haze off them but probably don't focus the light worth a darn.
>>>
>>> And people wonder why I like pre-1985 vehicles so well .. .. ..
>>>
>>> Budd (85 Dodge D-250)
>>>
>>> ---
>>>

>> This is one the brand new 2013-2016 version of the Jeep Cherokee -
>> with the LED running lights, and the lower mounted small headlights.
>> The online complaints, along with the person I talked to in the parking
>> lot, all have the same comlaint...... can't tell if they are turned on !
>>

> There used to be a guy on the net that ran an automotive lighting
> company that could probably answer your questions and my half-heimers
> has caused me to forget his name, but also, have you looked into
> lighting options from Quadratec? (quadratec.com)

Found it!

Dan Stern Lighting ... he does consultations too.

http://danielsternlighting.com/