Forza Motorsport 2 realtime screens

Old September 8th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Paul Heslop

Default Forza Motorsport 2 realtime screens

Dave wrote:

> In article >, Paul Heslop > wrote:
>
> >the top view on GT4 were really crap though.

> Seconding the other guy's post, I always stay in-car.
> Yes, I'd love them to add true cockpits ala PGR3. But you know
> what? In playing that game 3-4 hrs (borrowed X360), I found myself
> turning off the dash. Why? While it is very pretty, it is
> distracting and gives you less of a view of the road than you'd have
> in real racing. I auto-X and have tracked my car a couple of times.
> You pay zero attention to the cockpit. And, at least with my Miata,
> you see a lot more outside than from these cockpit views.

I did try desperately try to stick to full cockpit but in most modern
games,as you say it is well off putting. On NFSU2 etc i do drive
internal for about 90% of the time as otherwise you would be hitting
anything and everything. Forza is mainly internal but GT4 I think it
depended on the track. The tight ones had to be internal, to give you
a real sense of the claustrophobic nature of the track so you didn't
just play dodgems with the side rails.

> after three tries that
> >was the best they could do? I always loved the GT series but that game
> >had to be the biggest let down in many depts.

> I agree there. While the 480p and 1080i, 500+ cars and record # of
> tracks were all improvements, it just was too much like GT3 after
> the long wait.

sad isn't it? fingers crossed that 5 isn't going to just be a prettier
version for a new console?

> >get NO PENALTY! In a 'sim' surely it should be evenly balanced and
> >both cars play by the same rules?

> I'm just more tired of the crappy AI. But I didn't think Forza's
> was all that good either. Check that, it was excellent on some
> tracks (LS) horrid on others (most fantasy tracks, Road Atlanta).

Yeah, i agree, though at least it was more random. It was dirty, and I
mean DIRTY, again more like an arcade racer, all that tapping rear
ends etc which in real motor sport would probably incur you huge fines
and of course the damage they receive is never quite as bad as the
pile of mangled tin you end up driving over the line :O)

--
Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
Stop and Look