Forza Motorsport 2 realtime screens

Old September 6th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games

Default Forza Motorsport 2 realtime screens

AirRaid wrote:
> http://members.cox.net/gek54/gek54/images/forza23.jpg
> http://members.cox.net/gek54/gek54/i...orza2Beta3.jpg
> http://members.cox.net/gek54/gek54/images/forza22.jpg
>
> http://forzamotorsport.net/090506-1.htm
>

> keep in mind, Forza 2 runs at 60 FRAMES PER SECOND, twice the framerate
> of the original Xbox game, twice the framerate of PGR3 on the same
> machine, Xbox 360, rendered at 720p resolution with 4x anti-aliasing,
> uses some advanced lighting techniques, some per-pixel effects and will
> be a far better racing game than PGR3 could ever hope to be.

Those pictures are not THAT impressive at all. It is all going to come
down to gameplay anyhow. It isn't the same league as the prerendered
they did at E3. And while it may use 4x anti-aliasing, the pics did
have jaggies in them.

- Richard Hutnik

Old September 6th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
AirRaid[_1_]

replays are REALTIME, ****tard.

Old September 6th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
AirRaid[_1_]

Chris F wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 07:56:32 +0100, Andrew > wrote:
>
> >On 5 Sep 2006 15:15:59 -0700, "AirRaid" > wrote:
> >
> >>keep in mind, Forza 2 runs at 60 FRAMES PER SECOND, twice the framerate
> >>of the original Xbox game, twice the framerate of PGR3 on the same
> >>machine, Xbox 360, rendered at 720p resolution with 4x anti-aliasing,
> >>uses some advanced lighting techniques, some per-pixel effects and will
> >>be a far better racing game than PGR3 could ever hope to be.

> >Keep in my the OP is a bozo that doesn't know the difference between
> >in game graphics and replays.

> yeah, but a replay is still using the ingame grapgics engine, is it
> not?
> --

true.

Old September 6th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
AirRaid[_1_]

wrote:
> AirRaid wrote:

http://members.cox.net/gek54/gek54/images/forza23.jpg
> > http://members.cox.net/gek54/gek54/i...orza2Beta3.jpg
> > http://members.cox.net/gek54/gek54/images/forza22.jpg
> >
> > http://forzamotorsport.net/090506-1.htm
> >

> > keep in mind, Forza 2 runs at 60 FRAMES PER SECOND, twice the framerate
> > of the original Xbox game, twice the framerate of PGR3 on the same
> > machine, Xbox 360, rendered at 720p resolution with 4x anti-aliasing,
> > uses some advanced lighting techniques, some per-pixel effects and will
> > be a far better racing game than PGR3 could ever hope to be.

> Those pictures are not THAT impressive at all. It is all going to come
> down to gameplay anyhow. It isn't the same league as the prerendered
> they did at E3. And while it may use 4x anti-aliasing, the pics did
> have jaggies in them.
>
> - Richard Hutnik

I would rather have not-so-impressive-graphics but 60 frames per second
in a simulation (or arcade-style racer) than impressive graphics but
only 30FPS like PGR2, Forza1 or PGR3.

framerate is king because it directly effects gameplay, sense of speed
and immersion.

Old September 6th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Zomoniac

http://myspace.com/zomoniac

> I think 4 and maybe 3, and as I mentioned Forza are all pretty good at
> just looking very pretty in both live and replay.

Although I am still of the opinion that GT4 destroys Forza graphically.

--
http://myspace.com/zomoniac

Old September 6th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Chris F

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:24:46 +0100, Zomoniac
> wrote:

>On 2006-09-06 10:19:38 +0100, Paul Heslop > said:
>
>> Zomoniac wrote:

>>> On my copy of GT3/C/4P/4 the replays look like in-game, only from a
>>> different angle. Cars in GT look hi-res and stunning, even in game.
>>>
>>> --

http://myspace.com/zomoniac

>> I think 4 and maybe 3, and as I mentioned Forza are all pretty good at
>> just looking very pretty in both live and replay.

>Although I am still of the opinion that GT4 destroys Forza graphically.

it does, but then forza was a first attempt, whereas polyphony had
been at it for years and had a good base to build on.
--

gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk
Old September 6th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Paul Heslop

Zomoniac wrote:

> On 2006-09-06 10:19:38 +0100, Paul Heslop > said:
>
> > Zomoniac wrote:

> >> On my copy of GT3/C/4P/4 the replays look like in-game, only from a
> >> different angle. Cars in GT look hi-res and stunning, even in game.
> >>
> >> --

http://myspace.com/zomoniac

> > I think 4 and maybe 3, and as I mentioned Forza are all pretty good at
> > just looking very pretty in both live and replay.

> Although I am still of the opinion that GT4 destroys Forza graphically.
>
> --
> http://myspace.com/zomoniac

I'm 50/50. I certainly don't brag about either but when i was laying
both I thought GT4 was sharper, the edges of the vehicles seemed
cleaner and the cars just looked right. The other thing is the much
vaunted visual mods on forza, the vinyl's etc. they appear very low
rez and chunky and sometimes shadows actually have almost square
stepping, very bad shadows like I used to notice in the original Gran
turismo when driving the Honda sports car the shadows under the
spoiler always looked glued on later. backgrounds on forza are also
often hazy, soft edged, like paintings rather than realistic.

I think the biggest problem for GT4 was a feeling of having been here
so many times before. Even new tracks have that feel, like nothing had
been added even when it obviously had. They made a big mistake with
that game, specially with the crash damage thing in which department
Forza stomps all over the old codger with size twelves.
--
Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
Stop and Look
Old September 6th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Bikini Whacks

In article >,
says...

wrote:

http://myspace.com/zomoniac

> > > I think 4 and maybe 3, and as I mentioned Forza are all pretty good at
> > > just looking very pretty in both live and replay.

> > Although I am still of the opinion that GT4 destroys Forza graphically.
> >
> > --
> > http://myspace.com/zomoniac

> I'm 50/50. I certainly don't brag about either but when i was laying
> both I thought GT4 was sharper, the edges of the vehicles seemed
> cleaner and the cars just looked right. The other thing is the much
> vaunted visual mods on forza, the vinyl's etc. they appear very low
> rez and chunky and sometimes shadows actually have almost square
> stepping, very bad shadows like I used to notice in the original Gran
> turismo when driving the Honda sports car the shadows under the
> spoiler always looked glued on later. backgrounds on forza are also
> often hazy, soft edged, like paintings rather than realistic.
>
> I think the biggest problem for GT4 was a feeling of having been here
> so many times before. Even new tracks have that feel, like nothing had
> been added even when it obviously had. They made a big mistake with
> that game, specially with the crash damage thing in which department
> Forza stomps all over the old codger with size twelves.

Was something on your mind as you started that?
Old September 7th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Paul Heslop

wrote:

http://myspace.com/zomoniac

> > > Although I am still of the opinion that GT4 destroys Forza graphically.
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://myspace.com/zomoniac

> > I'm 50/50. I certainly don't brag about either but when i was laying
> > both I thought GT4 was sharper, the edges of the vehicles seemed
> > cleaner and the cars just looked right. The other thing is the much
> > vaunted visual mods on forza, the vinyl's etc. they appear very low
> > rez and chunky and sometimes shadows actually have almost square
> > stepping, very bad shadows like I used to notice in the original Gran
> > turismo when driving the Honda sports car the shadows under the
> > spoiler always looked glued on later. backgrounds on forza are also
> > often hazy, soft edged, like paintings rather than realistic.
> >
> > I think the biggest problem for GT4 was a feeling of having been here
> > so many times before. Even new tracks have that feel, like nothing had
> > been added even when it obviously had. They made a big mistake with
> > that game, specially with the crash damage thing in which department
> > Forza stomps all over the old codger with size twelves.
> >

> Was something on your mind as you started that?

Why? Is it a mess? I have actually had one of those days today, you
know, where you feel like everything is a dream and you're going to
wake up in a minute and think, thank **** for that.

Old September 7th 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Bikini Whacks

In article >,
says...
> Bikini Whacks wrote:
> >
> > In article >,

says...

wrote:

http://myspace.com/zomoniac

> > > I'm 50/50. I certainly don't brag about either but when i was laying
> > > both I thought GT4 was sharper, the edges of the vehicles seemed
> > > cleaner and the cars just looked right. The other thing is the much
> > > vaunted visual mods on forza, the vinyl's etc. they appear very low
> > > rez and chunky and sometimes shadows actually have almost square
> > > stepping, very bad shadows like I used to notice in the original Gran
> > > turismo when driving the Honda sports car the shadows under the
> > > spoiler always looked glued on later. backgrounds on forza are also
> > > often hazy, soft edged, like paintings rather than realistic.
> > >
> > > I think the biggest problem for GT4 was a feeling of having been here
> > > so many times before. Even new tracks have that feel, like nothing had
> > > been added even when it obviously had. They made a big mistake with
> > > that game, specially with the crash damage thing in which department
> > > Forza stomps all over the old codger with size twelves.
> > >

> > Was something on your mind as you started that?

> Why? Is it a mess? I have actually had one of those days today, you
> know, where you feel like everything is a dream and you're going to
> wake up in a minute and think, thank **** for that.

No, it's ALL a dream, mate.

Doing any more laying today?