2.0E Cabriolet running problems

Old February 11th 06, 08:52 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default 2.0E Cabriolet running problems

Hi I have a 1994 2.0e Cabriolet. I have just had it serviced to cure this
problem and it still happens. It then went back and had all 3 temperature
sensors changed and the haul sensor replaced in the distributor.

I can be driving along and it will start to missfire or just cut out. I can
then restart and carry on but it happens every 4 or 5 miles. It has been
plugged into VAGCom but is not showing any faults.

Another thing it does is when the oil filler cap is removed the engine
surges untill the cap is replaced is this normal for this engine.

I am so anoyed with it.

I would like to cure these problems soon as the engine is being removed to
be replaced with a modified 2.3 bored to 2.5 20Valve engine on the week
starting the 18th of this month. I want to know the engine I am selling is
full working order.

Please Help

Brian Tonks

Old February 11th 06, 05:54 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

A failing MAF could act like this.

I5 20V in a Cab! I never knew that would fit. If you have done a chip and such
that should be quite a ride. Are you thinking of a 5 spd conversion?

Old February 13th 06, 12:23 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

They did a 2.3 10V but not the 20V. I cna't wait to get it converted. It
already has a 5 speed box. And I am going to retain the lower ratio 5 speed
off the 2.0 8v engine, if I can so that accelleration is quicker....

Brian Tonks

Old February 13th 06, 12:42 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

I would guess that the lower ration is 4:11. I only have experience with the
T44s on this but I would expect that the trans will bolt up easily. The Cab is
FWD isn't it.

I suppose that you will be checking with Audiworld and MotorGeeks forums for
suggestions on the conversion. Lots of helpful people on those sites.

Tony
former four T44s
current 98.5 A4 1.8TQM APR