electronic throttle

Old March 9th 10, 12:33 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.bmw

Default electronic throttle

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 22:35:12 -0800, jim beam > wrote:

>> Some people were taught and developed a lifelong habit of pumping brakes.

>some??? damned few dude - that's why we have abs.

The vast majority of drivers on the road learned to drive before ABS
even existed.

And ABS (and "pumping" the brakes) is ONLY usefull for stopping
(straight) in slippery conditions

>>> abs. that's the reality, like it or not.

>> Not all cars have ABS.

>they do nowadays.

Certainly NOT ALL new cars have ABS - and if I have my choice, I'll
buy without.

>> Were not talking about what people should do. I'm
>> saying what many - not just 1 in 100 - *will* do in the situation we are
>> talking about which is unexpected acceleration.

>with respect, you are not representative. see above.

They may not "pump " the brakes, but they most likely will try the
brakes, release, and try again. Second try not nearly as effective as
the first.

Old March 9th 10, 03:12 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.bmw
jim beam[_4_]

On 03/08/2010 04:33 PM, wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 22:35:12 -0800, jim > wrote:
>

>>> Some people were taught and developed a lifelong habit of pumping brakes.

>> some??? damned few dude - that's why we have abs.

> The vast majority of drivers on the road learned to drive before ABS
> even existed.
>
> And ABS (and "pumping" the brakes) is ONLY usefull for stopping
> (straight) in slippery conditions

>>> Not all cars have ABS.

>> they do nowadays.

> Certainly NOT ALL new cars have ABS - and if I have my choice, I'll
> buy without.

me too, but it's almost impossible to get one without now.

>>> Were not talking about what people should do. I'm
>>> saying what many - not just 1 in 100 - *will* do in the situation we are
>>> talking about which is unexpected acceleration.

>> with respect, you are not representative. see above.

> They may not "pump " the brakes, but they most likely will try the
> brakes, release, and try again. Second try not nearly as effective as
> the first.

and yet the old folk that plow into crowded markets or busy
intersections with their foot clamped hard on the gas thinking it's the
brake don't seem to do it.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum

electronic throttle jim beam[_4_] Technology 108 March 16th 10 03:18 AM
electronic throttle [email protected] BMW 1 March 9th 10 03:15 AM
electronic throttle dizzy BMW 0 March 9th 10 12:01 AM
electronic throttle jim beam[_4_] Technology 1 March 8th 10 11:58 PM
electronic throttle? Bill Jones Ford Mustang 17 November 22nd 04 11:51 AM