NISSAN

Old February 14th 04, 05:29 AM
Exit

Mike Hall wrote:
> "Exit" > wrote in message
>> Mike Hall wrote:
>>>>

>>> or "Parlez vous Anglais" if you really want him to understand you
>>> and show you some respect..

>> Why? He's far more likely to speak Franglais then English. . . . . .
>> ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Julian
>> ---------
>> = Pretentious Sig required =
>>

> French Canadians speak both and something in between, but the word
> 'Inglese' is of hispanic origin and would not be found in a Franglais
> dictionary..

I think you'll find rnf was attempting to respond humourously.

--
Julian
---------

Old February 14th 04, 06:39 AM
rnf2

"Exit" > wrote in message
> Mike Hall wrote:

> >> Why? He's far more likely to speak Franglais then English. . . . . .
> >> ;-)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Julian
> >> ---------
> >> = Pretentious Sig required =
> >>

> > French Canadians speak both and something in between, but the word
> > 'Inglese' is of hispanic origin and would not be found in a Franglais
> > dictionary..

> I think you'll find rnf was attempting to respond humourously.
>
> --
> Julian
> ---------
> = Pretentious Sig required =

First prize to the winner!

A mind reader here

Tho I thought I had the Parlez Vous part more or less right so much for
getting my french from bad novels set in the napolenoic wars

rhys

Old February 14th 04, 06:39 AM
rnf2

Old February 14th 04, 12:32 PM
Mike Hall

"rnf2" > wrote in message

> "Exit" > wrote in message
> > Mike Hall wrote:

> > > French Canadians speak both and something in between, but the word
> > > 'Inglese' is of hispanic origin and would not be found in a Franglais
> > > dictionary..

> > I think you'll find rnf was attempting to respond humourously.
> >
> > --
> > Julian
> > ---------
> > = Pretentious Sig required =
> >

> First prize to the winner!
>
> A mind reader here
>
> Tho I thought I had the Parlez Vous part more or less right so much for
> getting my french from bad novels set in the napolenoic wars
>
> rhys

I tried not to be too harsh in my first response, just correcting grammar
and basic language translation essentially.. all too often, English speakers
across the net have a tendency to mock those whose grasp of english is not
so good, or non-existant.. I live in Canada where there are two official
languages in use.. the original poster could well have been French Canadian
although I knew that he wasn't because of the mention of Nissan France..
French Canadians do not have a problem with using either language, and if
you sit and listen, they mix the languages up.. to the newbie, it sounds
strange but hey.. Rhys, you have a Welsh name and if you live in the UK
should be used to being mocked at times.. it is not always taken in good
spirit , huh.. the Welsh get their own back tho.. lol.. they sign public
toilets up as 'cyflesterau' so the English tourists can't find them..
lololololol..

Old February 14th 04, 12:32 PM
Mike Hall

Old February 14th 04, 09:07 PM
rnf2

"Mike Hall" > wrote in message

> "rnf2" > wrote in message

..

Franglais

> > > I think you'll find rnf was attempting to respond humourously.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Julian
> > > ---------
> > > = Pretentious Sig required =
> > >

> > First prize to the winner!
> >
> > A mind reader here
> >
> > Tho I thought I had the Parlez Vous part more or less right so much

for
> > getting my french from bad novels set in the napolenoic wars
> >
> > rhys
> >

> I tried not to be too harsh in my first response, just correcting grammar
> and basic language translation essentially.. all too often, English

speakers
> across the net have a tendency to mock those whose grasp of english is not
> so good, or non-existant.. I live in Canada where there are two official
> languages in use.. the original poster could well have been French

Canadian
> although I knew that he wasn't because of the mention of Nissan France..
> French Canadians do not have a problem with using either language, and if
> you sit and listen, they mix the languages up.. to the newbie, it sounds
> strange but hey.. Rhys, you have a Welsh name and if you live in the UK
> should be used to being mocked at times.. it is not always taken in good
> spirit , huh.. the Welsh get their own back tho.. lol.. they sign public
> toilets up as 'cyflesterau' so the English tourists can't find them..
> lololololol..

Kia Ora Hoa.
Cyflesterau? what about Whare Paku and Whare Iti? Here in New Zealand
there are two offical languages, English and Maori, I know a little
conversational maori but no welsh and no french... Heck, I know more Latin
than french.
Most of my Whanau can manage basic Maori and of course a Kaumatua is usually
around we can ask to translate if we're on a marae and need a translation,
but the waiatas sounds nice evern if you can't understand them

rhys

Old February 14th 04, 09:07 PM
rnf2

Old February 15th 04, 02:41 PM
Mike Hall

"rnf2" > wrote in message

> "Mike Hall" > wrote in message

you

..
> .

> Franglais

> > > First prize to the winner!
> > >
> > > A mind reader here
> > >
> > > Tho I thought I had the Parlez Vous part more or less right so much

> for
> > > getting my french from bad novels set in the napolenoic wars
> > >
> > > rhys
> > >

> > I tried not to be too harsh in my first response, just correcting

grammar
> > and basic language translation essentially.. all too often, English

> speakers
> > across the net have a tendency to mock those whose grasp of english is n

ot
> > so good, or non-existant.. I live in Canada where there are two official
> > languages in use.. the original poster could well have been French

> Canadian
> > although I knew that he wasn't because of the mention of Nissan France..
> > French Canadians do not have a problem with using either language, and

if
> > you sit and listen, they mix the languages up.. to the newbie, it sounds
> > strange but hey.. Rhys, you have a Welsh name and if you live in the UK
> > should be used to being mocked at times.. it is not always taken in good
> > spirit , huh.. the Welsh get their own back tho.. lol.. they sign public
> > toilets up as 'cyflesterau' so the English tourists can't find them..
> > lololololol..
> >

> Kia Ora Hoa.
> Cyflesterau? what about Whare Paku and Whare Iti? Here in New Zealand
> there are two offical languages, English and Maori, I know a little
> conversational maori but no welsh and no french... Heck, I know more Latin
> than french.
> Most of my Whanau can manage basic Maori and of course a Kaumatua is

usually
> around we can ask to translate if we're on a marae and need a translation,
> but the waiatas sounds nice evern if you can't understand them
>
> rhys

I am pleased for your Whanau and hope that the Kaumatua recovers quickly..

Old February 15th 04, 02:41 PM
Mike Hall

Nissan Armada Forum m4ck Dodge 2 January 18th 05 03:16 AM
ClubTitan.org Nissan Titan Owners Club (a real truck) m4ck Dodge 0 October 24th 04 05:37 PM