Follow up; replace radiator '90 accord

Old October 29th 05, 03:08 AM
Frank Boettcher

Default Follow up; replace radiator '90 accord

Did the replacement today. The radiator will easily come out with
both fans attached.

I replaced all the hoses when replacing the radiator. Hardest part
was getting the bypass hose off with those awful factory spring
clamps. They are very difficult to get to. Be prepared to replace
with the appropriate sized ideal style clamps where you can orient the
heads of the screws to be accessible the next time you have to get to
them.

Three hours for the radiator and all the hoses. Someone who knows
what they are doing could do it in two. I took the splash pan off
because the manual said to. I'm not sure it was necessary.
Old October 29th 05, 03:36 AM
TeGGeR®

Frank Boettcher > wrote in
:

> Did the replacement today. The radiator will easily come out with
> both fans attached.
>
> I replaced all the hoses when replacing the radiator. Hardest part
> was getting the bypass hose off with those awful factory spring
> clamps. They are very difficult to get to. Be prepared to replace
> with the appropriate sized ideal style clamps where you can orient the
> heads of the screws to be accessible the next time you have to get to
> them.

I still have all (but one) of my original factory spring clamps installed.

Never had a problem getting at them.

> Three hours for the radiator and all the hoses. Someone who knows
> what they are doing could do it in two. I took the splash pan off
> because the manual said to. I'm not sure it was necessary.

All I ever do is drop the front of the splash pan enough to get at the rad
drain.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old October 30th 05, 02:17 AM
Frank Boettcher

:

>> Did the replacement today. The radiator will easily come out with
>> both fans attached.
>>
>> I replaced all the hoses when replacing the radiator. Hardest part
>> was getting the bypass hose off with those awful factory spring
>> clamps. They are very difficult to get to. Be prepared to replace
>> with the appropriate sized ideal style clamps where you can orient the
>> heads of the screws to be accessible the next time you have to get to
>> them.

>I still have all (but one) of my original factory spring clamps installed.
>
>Never had a problem getting at them.

Partner you either have better tools or smaller hands. At any rate, I
wish you had been there to help. Those clamps are great and quick
with access but when they are in a tight spot like that bypass hose,
they are tough.

>> Three hours for the radiator and all the hoses. Someone who knows
>> what they are doing could do it in two. I took the splash pan off
>> because the manual said to. I'm not sure it was necessary.
>>

>All I ever do is drop the front of the splash pan enough to get at the rad
>drain.

Mine has a cuttout for the drain. The only advantage I saw for taking
it off was reattaching some of the clip on connectors that ride on the
left side fan.

Accord Hybrid Richard Minami Honda 6 November 23rd 05 06:55 AM
Is my '94 Accord today's Civic? Keith Loyd Honda 0 October 16th 05 04:07 PM
accord VS camry (more like honda vs toyota) [email protected] Honda 1 October 10th 05 10:02 PM
Need Help for a 93 Accord 10th Anniv. Edition chefkojak Honda 0 May 24th 05 03:43 AM
Accord brake questions John Ings Honda 15 October 21st 04 11:09 PM