Kia's New Plant in Georgia

Old November 7th 06, 01:30 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
who

Default Kia's New Plant in Georgia

More "import" expansion to meet increasing sales, by building locally.
They could have probably bought the Ford Taurus plant for cheap!

From Business Week:

Old November 7th 06, 02:39 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
Jeff[_10_]

"who" > wrote in message
> More "import" expansion to meet increasing sales, by building locally.
> They could have probably bought the Ford Taurus plant for cheap!

Why would they buy Ford's plant? They want something that is modern.

Old November 7th 06, 03:12 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
petebert

the plant is probably too worn out from selling more sedans that anyone
else.

ink.net...

Old November 7th 06, 03:05 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
CMM

Interestingly this is crossposted into 3 groups where it isn't on
topic but not posted into alt.autos.kia where it would be on topic.

-- Christian

Old November 7th 06, 05:26 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
Some O

In article >,
CMM > wrote:

> Interestingly this is crossposted into 3 groups where it isn't on
> topic but not posted into alt.autos.kia where it would be on topic.

Does anyone look there?
It does indicate who's growing and manufacturing locally.
Old November 7th 06, 09:29 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
DeserTBoB

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:26:53 GMT, Some O > wrote:

>In article >,
> CMM > wrote:
>
>> Interestingly this is crossposted into 3 groups where it isn't on
>> topic but not posted into alt.autos.kia where it would be on topic.

>Does anyone look there?
>It does indicate who's growing and manufacturing locally. <snip>

Note that they picked Georgia, as do all the invaders, because of
traditionally lax labor laws in southern states, as well as a cowed
workforce and the lowest wages in the country. Environmental and
safety standards are also ignored in most southern states.
Old November 7th 06, 11:04 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
petebert

if they can supply good paying entry level jobs I'm sure the locals are more
than happy. I've lived in non factory states before and barely got by with
entry level jobs with just a H.S. diploma. Now I live in Ohio and found out
that you actually support your family by being willing to work and getting a
job at an auto plant.

Old November 8th 06, 12:28 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

DeserTBoB wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:26:53 GMT, Some O > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > CMM > wrote:
> >
> >> Interestingly this is crossposted into 3 groups where it isn't on
> >> topic but not posted into alt.autos.kia where it would be on topic.

> >Does anyone look there?
> >It does indicate who's growing and manufacturing locally. <snip>

> Note that they picked Georgia, as do all the invaders, because of
> traditionally lax labor laws in southern states, as well as a cowed
> workforce and the lowest wages in the country. Environmental and
> safety standards are also ignored in most southern states.

Bob, maybe you should move to Georgia and build a factory. Then you
could pay the locals $30 an hour.
Old November 8th 06, 06:58 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
Some O

In article >,
DeserTBoB > wrote:

> Note that they picked Georgia, as do all the invaders, because of
> traditionally lax labor laws in southern states, as well as a cowed
> workforce and the lowest wages in the country. Environmental and
> safety standards are also ignored in most southern states.

Tax incentives to I bet.
Old November 8th 06, 11:39 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
Bill Putney

DeserTBoB wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:26:53 GMT, Some O > wrote:
>

>>In article >,
>>CMM > wrote:
>>

>>>Interestingly this is crossposted into 3 groups where it isn't on
>>>topic but not posted into alt.autos.kia where it would be on topic.

>>Does anyone look there?
>>It does indicate who's growing and manufacturing locally. <snip>

> Note that they picked Georgia, as do all the invaders, because of
> traditionally lax labor laws in southern states, as well as a cowed
> workforce and the lowest wages in the country. Environmental and
> safety standards are also ignored in most southern states.

Yes let's legislate better working conditions and higher pay to drive
the jobs overseas so you can blame the same people for that too. We
know the liberal tactics - complain and blame no matter what is or is
not done.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')