Back from the dead

Old October 15th 12, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani[_2_]

Default Back from the dead

"Shag" wrote in message

> but who knows where we'll all be a few years from now.

years or beers?

Old October 20th 12, 01:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
KWW[_2_]

WOW! What do I get for being too busy at work and not scrolling down to
the newsgroups? Missed all the fun! It is great to see all y'all back!
Old age makes us soft, that is for sure. Well, actually business
meetings at multiple work sites and living in a climate with triple
digit summer temperatures (in degrees F). Two needy dogs (Bichon Frise &
Yorkypoo) go spastic when I leave them in the house while I try to work
in the garage.
I still have my '64 and my '63/65 Frankenbug and at least get out to
go to the local monthly VW club meeting. I have been on the verge of
selling the Frankenbug daily driver for the past 2 years. I want to
focus all of my bug funds/garage space on the '64.

I hope everyone keeps up the threads. It was/is fun to see everyone's
adventures.

KWW
'63/65 Beetle - The Inside Out Cow (Jenny)
'64 Beetle - The Blue Wave

http://www.digoliardi.net/skirts1.jpg

Old October 21st 12, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Max Welton

On Sunday, October 14, 2012 9:29:29 PM UTC-6, Joey Tribiani wrote:
> John, good to see you back.... I think of the "old timers" of Ramva often...
>
> the new fangled web based forums are just not the same.... Hope your health
>
> holds out, and you check back in!

I'll second all that.

I do hang out on the samba and shop talk forums and I do take notice when the ramva alumni post. I've reached out to a few to alert them to the recent "reunion" that seems to be happening here.

But yeah, the web forums are different from this group. There isn't much talk on the web-forums about things going on in people's lives. Something about this group allows for that. Not sure why.

Max
Old October 22nd 12, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

On 10/21/2012 10:48 AM, Max Welton wrote:
> On Sunday, October 14, 2012 9:29:29 PM UTC-6, Joey Tribiani wrote:
>> John, good to see you back.... I think of the "old timers" of Ramva often...
>>
>> the new fangled web based forums are just not the same.... Hope your health
>>
>> holds out, and you check back in!

> I'll second all that.
>
> I do hang out on the samba and shop talk forums and I do take notice when the ramva alumni post. I've reached out to a few to alert them to the recent "reunion" that seems to be happening here.
>
> But yeah, the web forums are different from this group. There isn't much talk on the web-forums about things going on in people's lives. Something about this group allows for that. Not sure why.
>
> Max

We became a family. We cared about what's goin on in each others' lives.
Who was getting married, who had kids, who was building a garage, who
had hemorrhoids...

Jan

Old October 26th 12, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Gary Tateosian

Remember you? Hell, I often wonder about your disastrous Raby engine, and wish I had enough cash on hand to make a serious offer on it......though it does belong in the GTII.

Micah's 58 can't take that much...get er back going and enjoy.

Good luck with your health, I have had a few issues of my own along the way.

I'm currently in Missouri.

Gary AKA Gareth.
Old October 28th 12, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
ChrisKlinger

wrote:
>>> John, good to see you back.... I think of the "old timers"

of Ramva
>>> often...
>>>
>>> the new fangled web based forums are just not the same....

Hope your
>>> health
>>>
>>> holds out, and you check back in!

>> I'll second all that.
>>
>> I do hang out on the samba and shop talk forums and I do take

notice when
>> the ramva alumni post. I've reached out to a few to alert

them to the
>> recent "reunion" that seems to be happening here.
>>
>> But yeah, the web forums are different from this group. There

isn't much
>> talk on the web-forums about things going on in people's

lives. Something
>> about this group allows for that. Not sure why.
>>
>> Max

> We became a family. We cared about what's goin on in each

others' lives.
> Who was getting married, who had kids, who was building a

garage, who
> had hemorrhoids...
>
> Jan

Jan - I thought we'd buried the 'roids
Chris
Old October 28th 12, 06:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
ChrisKlinger

Jan Andersson wrote:

<SNIP> the web forums are different from this group. There isn't
much
>> talk on the web-forums about things going on in people's

lives. Something
>> about this group allows for that. Not sure why.
>>
>> Max

> We became a family. We cared about what's goin on in each

others' lives.
> Who was getting married, who had kids, who was building a

garage, who
> had hemorrhoids...
>
> Jan

Jan - lemme know when they make the 'unpost' button

You're right. I came back here after what, 15 years, and people
_remember_ me, and welcome me back. This _is_ a family.

And you stand out as one of the few that got married - at least
in part - through RAMVA.

May we all be family until someone posts "whatever happened
to..."

Bob Hoover -RIP.

I'm happy to be back, and both surprised and pleased at how many
actually remember me.

BTW - to any lurkers (if there still is such a thing Post. Be
not afraid. You'll be joining a great family.

Chris
Old October 28th 12, 06:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
ChrisKlinger

Gary Tateosian wrote:

> Remember you? Hell, I often wonder about your disastrous Raby

engine, and
> wish I had enough cash on hand to make a serious offer on

it......though
> it does belong in the GTII.
>
> Micah's 58 can't take that much...get er back going and enjoy.
>
> Good luck with your health, I have had a few issues of my own

along the
> way.
>
> I'm currently in Missouri.
>
> Gary AKA Gareth.

Gary - I hadn't made the Gareth connection. Glad to see you,
too, are still here.

Chris
Old October 28th 12, 06:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
ChrisKlinger

KWW wrote:

> [...]

>> finally
>>> retired and just a month ago I went to the storage place

and
>> took the
>>> wraps off the '58 and all four tires were cracked, broken

and
>> collapsed.
>>> That's how long it has been. Of course the engine will not

>> start. WTF?
>>> A neglected 54 year-old car won't start?
>>>
>>> The paint is very badly oxidized. It was covered by a very

>> good cover
>>> which tells you how log it was put away.
>>>
>>> So now it's in the driveway on blocks shaming me every

time I
>> leave the
>>> house.
>>>
>>> Oh, and look at what I found way in the back of the shed.

http://www.digoliardi.net/skirts1.jpg

> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints:

---

KWW - good to know your double-digit temps are in F (LOL).
Jeez - double-digit in C or K would leave your dogs even more
stressed

Don't know when you came to RAMVA; don't recognize your nic,
but i assure you, the pleasure's mine. Long live RAMVA, and
everyone who bothers to scroll down

Chris
Old October 29th 12, 11:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
KWW[_2_]

On 10/28/2012 1:11 AM, ChrisKlinger wrote:
> KWW wrote:
>
>> WOW! What do I get for being too busy at work and not

> scrolling down to
>> the newsgroups? Missed all the fun! It is great to see all

> y'all back!
>> Old age makes us soft, that is for sure. Well, actually

> business
>> meetings at multiple work sites and living in a climate with

> triple
>> digit summer temperatures (in degrees F). Two needy dogs

> (Bichon Frise &
>> Yorkypoo) go spastic when I leave them in the house while I

> try to work
>> in the garage.
>> I still have my '64 and my '63/65 Frankenbug and at least

> get out to
>> go to the local monthly VW club meeting. I have been on the

> verge of
>> selling the Frankenbug daily driver for the past 2 years. I

> want to
>> focus all of my bug funds/garage space on the '64.
>>
>> I hope everyone keeps up the threads. It was/is fun to see

> everyone's
>> adventures.
>>
>> KWW
>> '63/65 Beetle - The Inside Out Cow (Jenny)
>> '64 Beetle - The Blue Wave
>>
>> On 10/6/2012 7:49 PM, ChrisKlinger wrote:
>>> Whaddya mean, she won't start? Have you spoken kindly to

> her?
>>>
>>> Chris
>>> '65 ghia (lowered kiddie-car 2100 dual Weber 44 and a total
>>> PITA)
>>> '60 (Sept '59) fully original except for spade-terminal

> brake-
>>> light switch
>>> Kept in the Miami rain. Started just fine after cleaning

> points
>>> and 50ml of gasoline in the carb. Not bad for 6 years

> sitting in
>>> the rain...
>>> maybe I should change the oil

> kit
>>> car. One of

> posting
>>> here and I

> interruptions, I
>>> finally

> and
>>> took the

> and
>>> collapsed.
>>> start. WTF?

>>> good cover

> time I
>>> leave the

http://www.digoliardi.net/skirts1.jpg

>> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints:

> ---
>
> KWW - good to know your double-digit temps are in F (LOL).
> Jeez - double-digit in C or K would leave your dogs even more
> stressed
>
> Don't know when you came to RAMVA; don't recognize your nic,
> but i assure you, the pleasure's mine. Long live RAMVA, and
> everyone who bothers to scroll down
>
> Chris

Chris, Search back in the RAMVA archives and you should find my posts in
the late '90s and early 2000s. Things slowed down as the '0x's
progressed (for various reasons) but it is good to see that things are
finally picking up and are cordial.

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---