will a 2.2 ecotech fit?

Old June 8th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default will a 2.2 ecotech fit?

Hi guys,
Will a 2.2 ecotech fit in to my 2001 SC2? Has anyone tryed it? Am I
just nuts to want to try?

Thanks, Jim

Old June 8th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Saturn Motorsports had an Ecotec in one of their drag cars which was an
S-Series, I believe. I don't think the car is around anymore though.
http://www.saturnmotorsports.com

Darn near any engine can be made to fit in your S-Series. It all depends on
how much work, fabrication, and cost you are willing to endure. Why do you
want to do this? What's your objective/goal? I ask because there may be
other alternatives to achieve it (which are likely less costly and easier as
well).

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

ups.com...

Old June 9th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

I saw such a project on SaturnFans some time ago. They had a SC2 and wer
being sponsored by Twistec to put a 2.2 into it. I was an expensive project
and they ran ito financial difficulties last post I read. Dont remember
where the post is now. But if you manage to fit a 2.2 into your S series,
please post pics!

marx404

Old June 12th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

shipchips wrote:
> Will a 2.2 ecotech fit in to my 2001 SC2?

If you're going to go to that much trouble and expense, wouldn't it
make sense to use the 2.4 rather than the 2.2?

John Cowart

Old June 12th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

bo peep wrote:
> shipchips wrote:
>> Will a 2.2 ecotech fit in to my 2001 SC2?

> If you're going to go to that much trouble and expense, wouldn't it
> make sense to use the 2.4 rather than the 2.2?
>
> John Cowart

.....or the up and coming turbocharged 2.0 (260hp) they're going to put
in the Sky redline.

Cheers,