Britain will be first country to monitor every car journey

Old December 23rd 05, 11:07 PM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.autos.driving,alt.privacy

Default Britain will be first country to monitor every car journey

In article >
zadoc > wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:54:48 GMT, AlanG > wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 22:51:34 GMT, zadoc > wrote:
> >

> >>Wouldn't it be simpler for people to just obey the laws? :-)

> >Depends on whether you think wearing the equivalent to a big yellow
> >star on your back is a law you would be wise to obey

> IMHO, definitely a false analogy. and you seem to know this as well
> or you wouldn't have used the phrase "the equivalent".
>
> Criminals generally chose to be criminals. Jews didn't really choose
> to be Jews.
>
> Do you need a definition of "criminal"? Perhaps we could start with
> someone who drives with a blood alcohol concentration greater than
> 0.05 %, or who drives 65 mph in a 55 mph zone, or even someone who
> parks in a space reserved for disabled drivers in a supermarket
> parking lot when they are not disabled.
>
> Admittedly these are fairly minor offenses, and there are much worse
> ones like robbery, rape, murder, _et al_.
>
> However, people who are willing to break the law for comparatively
> minor offenses cannot possibly be trusted not to commit major
> offenses.
>
> Illegal is illegal. Suppose person "P" and I had met and became
> friends. I might be willing to loan "P" $10 if he asked. Then I ride
> with him to the nearest shopping center. On the way he shows his
> disregard for the law by exceeding the speed limit. When we get
> there, he parks illegally.
>
> Am I still willing to loan him $10 if he asks?
>
> No, I probably wouldn't even loan him 10 cents. He has shown me
> that he has few, if any, ethics or morals.

What if person "Q" is teaching Christianity in a country where the followers of Jesus have been declared criminals for spreading His teachings? All this person does is politely answer questions about the teachings of Jesus and the truth about how to gain entry into the kingdom of heaven. he/she does not force belief on anyone, only answering questions. The government would arrest, jail, and probably execute person "Q" if they find out about them and have done so many times in the recent past.

Do you turn them in? Or do you help them evade that government?

If it matters what government, it's either Sudan or America.

--
"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation.
We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland."

- Adolf Hitler, proposing the creation of the Gestapo in Nazi Germany.
- George Bush, Talking about the Homeland Security Act and the Patriot Act.

The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified. You need a valid hashcash token to post to groups other
than alt.test and alt.anonymous.messages. Visit www.panta-rhei.dyndns.org
for abuse and hashcash info.