Pinks, Gasoline, Abiotic Petroleum , and Titan

Old December 14th 05, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Pinks, Gasoline, Abiotic Petroleum , and Titan

I thought Don was from Michigan but I could be wrong. I bought a Kenne
Bell blower from him years ago.

I don't think the biodeisel route will take off because it consumes a
valuable resource in the process - that being food. Plus I read where
we can't produce enough bio matter to make much of a dent in our fuel use.

I think electric powered cars with 300+ mile range and quick recharge
capability is the future. This approach solves too many problems to
ignore. Plus electricity can be produced from a variety of processes
and can be done with very little environmental impact.

Old December 14th 05, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Spike wrote something that made me remember a sweet ride:
>> So, we're past needing rotational spin to simulate gravity in space.. and
>> you're gonna bet that thing cant fly.

> Leonardo!!!!! as well as the helicopter, tank, submarine, and a number
> of other ideas whose time had not yet come... sorta like the Avanti
> for Studebaker... The first pony car... along with the Hawk and
> Commander. Just bad timing....

You mentioned the Hawk and it reminded me of a Golden Hawk I saw sitting
in a guys garage many years ago. I thought it was one of the most
beautiful cars I had ever seen. It looked almost identical to the one
show on this web page:

http://www.pjsautoworld.com/1950cars...oldenhawk.html

Check out that McCollough blower under the hood.
Old December 14th 05, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Yeah yeah yeah...and the Egyptians had the first battery, the greeks had
a steam engine and so what? What did they do with them? Nothing. They
were toys. Even the romans had fairly sophisticated plumbing, all
gravity fed. They could at least get a fresh drink of water and take a
dump with their tech... It wasn't until the age of reason and Gutenberg
then DaVinci, Columbus, Galileio, later Isaac Newton and others slowly
set in motion science again, with books and libraries, universities etc
AND....Money! AND, key to the west coming out on top was information
transfer using printed books. No more scrolls! Helped create
proto-modern economies...and money did make the world go round. Or at
least humans around the world.

Old December 14th 05, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Americans already have too much food. We have an oversupply of food as
the media keeps pounding into our heads...60 percent or something like
that are overweight or obese...so I think bio diesel has tremendous
potential. Especially seen in light of national security issues where WE
MUST stop buying middle easter oil. This should have been mandated on
9/12/2001, but what do I know.

You may be right though about electric if they can get that range
without having to weigh what a bicycle weighs. Electrical engines also
have a tremendous range....1 gear and ALL torque. There is even an
electric car drag racing group, kind of like the NHRA.

Old December 14th 05, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Jimmy wrote:
> Americans already have too much food. We have an oversupply of food as
> the media keeps pounding into our heads...60 percent or something like
> that are overweight or obese...so I think bio diesel has tremendous
> potential. Especially seen in light of national security issues where WE
> MUST stop buying middle easter oil. This should have been mandated on
> 9/12/2001, but what do I know.

My problems with biodeisel is it consumes a food which could be put to
better use than being burned in our cars like feeding starving people.
Also, it will result in extensive tilling of soil and use of man-made
fertilizers, neither of which is good for this country's long term
health and well being. We also can't produce enough bio-matter to solve
our energy problems and just the process of planting, growing,
transporting, storing and converting to biodeisel that much organic
matter consumes a huge amount of energy.

> You may be right though about electric if they can get that range
> without having to weigh what a bicycle weighs. Electrical engines also
> have a tremendous range....1 gear and ALL torque. There is even an
> electric car drag racing group, kind of like the NHRA.

I believe technology advances will solve the battery problem in the next
10-15 years. Aside from dealing with dead used batteries the use of
this type of technology is very environmentally friendly. Plus, it will
allow the hotrod hobby to remain alive and well.

Old December 14th 05, 07:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:07:19 -0500, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> wrote:

>Spike wrote something that made me remember a sweet ride:
>>> So, we're past needing rotational spin to simulate gravity in space.. and
>>> you're gonna bet that thing cant fly.

>> Leonardo!!!!! as well as the helicopter, tank, submarine, and a number
>> of other ideas whose time had not yet come... sorta like the Avanti
>> for Studebaker... The first pony car... along with the Hawk and
>> Commander. Just bad timing....

>You mentioned the Hawk and it reminded me of a Golden Hawk I saw sitting
>in a guys garage many years ago. I thought it was one of the most
>beautiful cars I had ever seen. It looked almost identical to the one
>show on this web page:
>
>http://www.pjsautoworld.com/1950cars...oldenhawk.html
>
>Check out that McCollough blower under the hood.

That be the one.... Except the one in memory was black... with a
pretty big Caddy engine under the hood.
--

Spike
Old December 14th 05, 07:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:52:24 -0500, Jimmy >
wrote:

>The idea of getting energy from waste, that I don't find ridiculous. An
>elevator to space is easy to imagine. The energy required though would
>be tremendous, however it would simply be lifting energy...no escape
>velocity required.
>
>But the idea that gravity doesn't exist throughout the universe? I find
>that extremely difficult to believe! You either need a TREMENDOUS
>amount of mass, or, as you said a mass in rotation. A hollywood ship
>floating through space (alwasy "upright" despite there being no up or
>down in space) like an earthship on the ocean is pure bunk. 2 hollywood
>Like frictionless motion. Imagine an engine tranny combo with no
>friction throughout the drivetrain except clutch and clutch packs in the
>diff for the tires contact patch. THAT I can imagine.
>
>Only 2 hollywood directors I can think got the gravity thing right in
>space. Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Oddesey and Ron Howard's Appolo 13.
>
>Jules Vern had tremendous insight, but lacked both an understanding of
>Newtonian Physics (his super dee duper powerplant pushing the Natilus,
>for example) and had no CLUE about Quantum physics.
>
>The reason most hollywood producers convienely have gravity in space is
>simple. Cost of production. Not insight into future gravitational
>technology.

Why do I get the impression that you're happy person and a hoot at
parties?

Most of the advances in technology stem from the human ability to
dream and then make it so. Yes, there are laws of nature... but what
good are they if mankind does not make use of them?
--

Spike
Old December 14th 05, 07:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:07:25 -0500, Jimmy >
wrote:

>Spike wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 07:22:21 -0500, Jimmy >
>> wrote:
>> So, even turkey gut oil isn't made for free.

>No, the turkey gut oil isn't made for free, but the point of the thermal
>depolymerization technology is you were going to throw away the guts
>anyway as waste. It could take off in Europe becasue of Bovine
>spongiform encephelitis <sp?> aka Mad Cow disease where the Euros are no
>longer gonna throw meat byproducts into animal feed. They can throw them
>lil' infected doggies into the TDP hopper and fuel up their Mini's and
>Fiats.
>

>> And isn't "Star Wars" set in the future "in a galaxy far, far away"?
>> Perhaps, you judge too quickly what technology might exist. Perhaps,
>> there are technologies in use in galaxies today which are far older
>> than our own, and may have advanced far beyond our present
>> understanding of the natural forces.
>> --

>Actually Star ware was "A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away".
>Not the future...just joking...but it was all grom George Lucas's head.
>And great entertainment. But George Lucas was telling a story, not
>conveying new laws of gravitational physics beyond our understanding.
>Like with drag racing, you run what you brung...all I have is my limited
>knowledge of physics today. Which is a hell of alot more than folks had
>125 years ago. And both quantum and newtonian mechanics RELY on gravity
>and the Gravitational constant G to make some really accurate
>calculations for space shots/trips/travels. So I am very skeptical that
>gravity doesn't exist in other galaxies and that it can be ignored!
>
>On top of tha, I am very skeptical advanced life exists beyond the earth
>at this point in time. Especially anything like us. 2 eyed veterbrae
>hominoids with 2 arms and legs. Again - images like that cut hollywood
>production costs. And we may not be alone - but when we find out who our
>neighbors are, they may not like us nor we them!

There are many countries where the innards are the best part.

Sure, George was telling a story... but "long long ago" could be in
our future... just the past to them...You may be correct regarding
gravity... on the other hand, who knows? There may be a negative to
our positive... Life? Intelligent life? Out there? No reason why not.
If we have not been visited, it just proves how much more intelligent
they are. There is no reason that similar life to ours does not exist.
There's also no reason it should. Likely we'll never know. Turkey oil
isn't going to get anyone to the stars...
--

Spike