Buying Tires On eBay?

Old September 15th 10, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Ed

Default Buying Tires On eBay?

Have any of you ever bought tires on eBay?

I can get a set of Pirelli tires for $348.00 free shipping?

Old September 15th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Ed

On Sep 15, 1:58*pm, Jim Ed > wrote:
> *Have any of you ever bought tires on eBay?
>
> I can get a set of Pirelli tires for $348.00 free shipping?

I meant to say, $348.00 with free shipping.
Old September 16th 10, 05:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Sep 15, 11:58*am, Jim Ed > wrote:
> *Have any of you ever bought tires on eBay?
>
> I can get a set of Pirelli tires for $348.00 free shipping?

I have not.

However, having read the other replies allow me to vent briefly.

I got ****ed off at Discount Tire for damaging a nice alloy wheel I
had on a previous vehicle. They would not replace it, so I quit going
there.

I then tried Big-O tires. They were even worse; left the center cap
loose on an alloy wheel, pilfered a chrome valve stem cap, wrong
inflation pressure, the price changed when I went to pay, and they did
not mount the tires correctly with the sidewall markings indicating
where the valve stem should go(those yellow triangles/red dots on your
sidewall are there for a reason). I will not go back.

The last time I got tires...I went to (sitting down?)......Wal-Mart. I
was happy, they treated me professionally, the price was right, and
the work was done well. I would go there again, and I will go there
again next time I need tires.

Good luck with it.

Chris

TIP: Buying a car from a dealer on Ebay Backyard Mechanic Ford Mustang 4 March 30th 06 12:42 PM
Buying an E30 on eBay BMWE30 BMW 4 February 6th 06 01:33 AM
Start Buying on eBay Autos, Bikes - eBay Shopping Tips & Tricks [email protected] Antique cars 0 January 22nd 06 04:50 AM
Buying a car on eBay Darius Saturn 1 June 29th 05 01:57 PM