Seeking dzus fasteners for under-engine tray 2002 Audi A6

Old November 22nd 09, 01:33 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
SID

Default Seeking dzus fasteners for under-engine tray 2002 Audi A6

Greetings;

I've got a 2002 Audi A6 front drive with the Tiptronic. Recently I had
some exhaust work done at a local independent German car auto shop.
The repair was successful but today I changed the engine oil. Of
course to change the oil you have to remove the plastic under engine
tray which is normally held by 3 Dzus (1/4 turn) fasteners at the back
and 3 of those fasteners at the front, in addition to three bolts
holding the tray to the front bumper cover.

For the entire time I've owned the car I've been able to hang on to
all the original factory fasteners, but when I changed the oil I
discovered that the three front Dzus fasterners were gone, presumed
lost by the local exhaust mechanic. Also, only one bumber - to - tray
bolt was in place instead of three.

So .... Where can I get those 1/4 -turn fasteners? Will the dealer
have them. Any sources on-line. It will be easy to find the 6 mm bolts
for the bumber clips but I need the Dzus fasteners. By the way, the
clip end mate is still on the car.

Any suggestions.. Thanks in advance.
Gary , Atlanta
Old November 22nd 09, 06:57 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jef Roe

"SID" > wrote in message
> Greetings;
>
> I've got a 2002 Audi A6 front drive with the Tiptronic. Recently I had
> some exhaust work done at a local independent German car auto shop.
> The repair was successful but today I changed the engine oil. Of
> course to change the oil you have to remove the plastic under engine
> tray which is normally held by 3 Dzus (1/4 turn) fasteners at the back
> and 3 of those fasteners at the front, in addition to three bolts
> holding the tray to the front bumper cover.
>
> For the entire time I've owned the car I've been able to hang on to
> all the original factory fasteners, but when I changed the oil I
> discovered that the three front Dzus fasterners were gone, presumed
> lost by the local exhaust mechanic. Also, only one bumber - to - tray
> bolt was in place instead of three.
>
> So .... Where can I get those 1/4 -turn fasteners? Will the dealer
> have them. Any sources on-line. It will be easy to find the 6 mm bolts
> for the bumber clips but I need the Dzus fasteners. By the way, the
> clip end mate is still on the car.
>
> Any suggestions.. Thanks in advance.
> Gary , Atlanta

Your dealer should still stock them.

I have just renewed all 10 on my 98 A4 because I found some were missing
which must have been after a cam belt change a few years back.

They are not cheap, costing me about £25 for the 20 plastic items which
included rubber/nylon lock washers.

Next time I have any engine or front end work done that requires the tray to
be removed, I am going to remove it before it goes to a garage.

Old November 22nd 09, 07:30 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jef Roe

"Jef Roe" > wrote in message

> "SID" > wrote in message
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I've got a 2002 Audi A6 front drive with the Tiptronic. Recently I had
>> some exhaust work done at a local independent German car auto shop.
>> The repair was successful but today I changed the engine oil. Of
>> course to change the oil you have to remove the plastic under engine
>> tray which is normally held by 3 Dzus (1/4 turn) fasteners at the back
>> and 3 of those fasteners at the front, in addition to three bolts
>> holding the tray to the front bumper cover.
>>
>> For the entire time I've owned the car I've been able to hang on to
>> all the original factory fasteners, but when I changed the oil I
>> discovered that the three front Dzus fasterners were gone, presumed
>> lost by the local exhaust mechanic. Also, only one bumber - to - tray
>> bolt was in place instead of three.
>>
>> So .... Where can I get those 1/4 -turn fasteners? Will the dealer
>> have them. Any sources on-line. It will be easy to find the 6 mm bolts
>> for the bumber clips but I need the Dzus fasteners. By the way, the
>> clip end mate is still on the car.
>>
>> Any suggestions.. Thanks in advance.
>> Gary , Atlanta

> Your dealer should still stock them.
>
> I have just renewed all 10 on my 98 A4 because I found some were missing
> which must have been after a cam belt change a few years back.
>
> They are not cheap, costing me about £25 for the 20 plastic items which
> included rubber/nylon lock washers.
>
> Next time I have any engine or front end work done that requires the tray
> to be removed, I am going to remove it before it goes to a garage.

Sorry I forgot to add, she turned 100,000 miles on Thursday last week and is
still a limousine compared to many newer cars.

2.4 V6 30 valve with a 5 speed Tiptronic auto box, parts history,
2 heated door mirrors, 50K, £60
cam belt, water pump, tensioners etc, 60K, £630
track rod end, 65k, £135
front break pads, 70K, £40
cooling expansion tank, 75K, £30
cv gaiters, 81K, £110
front wheel bearings at 85K, £280
track rod end, 92K, £135
the normal oil & filters every 10K, £300
4 x door cover, £60
3 sets of tyres, £700

dj

couple seeking Superman | couple seeking Supermen | couple seeking Supergirl L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III[_2899_] Auto Photos 0 September 1st 07 07:54 AM
Under-engine tray KKennedy Mazda 3 August 13th 06 01:28 PM
Seeking advice on engine replacement Freebase BMW 2 May 3rd 06 08:31 AM
Normal engine oil consumption for Audi A6 2.4 V6 model 2002? Sami Heikkinen Audi 13 September 12th 05 08:51 PM
156 Engine Under Tray With Air Scoop. Zathras Alfa Romeo 2 September 13th 04 08:57 PM