Consumer Reports Strikes again, Dodge GC

Old April 7th 05, 09:47 PM
Bill 2

"RWM" > wrote in message

> Bill 2 wrote:
>> "Art" > wrote in message
>> nk.net...
>>
>>>There is a good reason why some "twins" may not both be listed. The
>>>twins may not share a particular troublesome component so one might be
>>>reliable and the other a lemon.

>> What is the difference between a Plymouth and Dodge Neon? Is the badging
>> on the trunk causing the Plymouths to be unreliable?

> Are they made on the same assembly line? Same plant? Same parts and
> suppliers?

Yes, yes and yes.

Old April 8th 05, 02:19 AM
Art

"Steve" > wrote in message
> Art wrote:
>
>> Of course Toyota and Honda continue to increase
>> reliability so they are still on top.

> On what planet?

Apparently planet Earth where people keep on buying Camry's despite how ugly
they are because they keep going with no fuss. My father just sold his 1987
Camry. He had 4 potential buyers for it without advertising.

Old April 8th 05, 02:24 AM
Art

If you actually read Consumer Reports you could have looked at their
reliability charts and found that not only do they have identical records,
there is only one chart for both cars. You obviously don't know what you
are talking about.

Old April 8th 05, 02:25 AM
Art

Don't feed the troll.

Old April 8th 05, 02:27 AM
Art

Nothing like taking stuff out of context. It is a recommendation of used
cars and it includes a list of unreliable models from 1997 thru 2004 model
years. You make it look like a misprint. It is not. Your BS is just out
of context.

"TomKan" > wrote in message
ups.com...

CR Bad Bets

Be especially careful when considering these models. They have shown
several years of much-worse-than-average overall reliability in their
1997 to 2004 models. They are listed alphabetically.

<SNIPPED FOR BREVITY>

Oldsmobile Cutlass

____Reply Separator_____

Wow! Telling someone to avoid a model that was last made in 1999
doesn't take a hell of a lot of b@!!$.

Old April 8th 05, 03:07 AM
Bill 2

"Art" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> If you actually read Consumer Reports you could have looked at their
> reliability charts and found that not only do they have identical records,
> there is only one chart for both cars. You obviously don't know what you
> are talking about.

Then it should be listed as Dodge/Plymouth Neon, but it isn't.

Why isn't Astro and Safari listed as one? Or Blazer/ Jimmy? Those are
identical vehicles. If CR chooses to group some identical twins together,
but not others, that shows sub-par journalism.

Or

Old April 8th 05, 03:07 AM
Bill 2

"Art" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Don't feed the troll.

It's trolling simply because my opinion doesn't match up with your opinion?

Old April 8th 05, 10:23 PM
Steve

Art wrote:

> "Steve" > wrote in message
>
>>Art wrote:
>>

>>> Of course Toyota and Honda continue to increase
>>>reliability so they are still on top.

>>On what planet?
>>

> Apparently planet Earth where people keep on buying Camry's despite how ugly
> they are because they keep going with no fuss.

The fact that "people keep buying them" means little. People keep buying
Ford Tauruses only *slightly* less often than Camrys (it and the Camry
traded best-selling car for years running).

Lots of people have been religiously buying into the Japanese quality
myth for 30 years without EVER trying an American or European car. And
I've personally had people INSIST that his Honda product was better than
my Chrysler product, despite the fact that his had to go back to the
dealer 7 times and mine never went once.

Old April 8th 05, 10:24 PM
Steve

> Then it should be listed as Dodge/Plymouth Neon, but it isn't.
>
> Why isn't Astro and Safari listed as one? Or Blazer/ Jimmy?

Or most infamously, Prizm/Corolla. :-p

Old April 9th 05, 12:32 AM
Art

ford was able to keep it sales numbers up for a while by dumping Taurus's on
rental car agencies. Your buddy's Honda may have been a rare lemon.
Chrysler has had a few of those too. Also Honda and Toyota dealers are
notoriously bad. If you have one of those rare new Honda's or Toyota's with
a problem, good luck getting it fixed. But most people find their Toyota
and Honda extremely reliable compared to their last domestic make. Chrysler
contributes to that by putting out cars like the Neon, and 4 speed
transmissions with sensors that go bad, and AT dipsticks that say Dextron is
ok.