Schumacher Donates 10 Million For Tsunami Aid

Old January 6th 05, 10:58 PM
JP

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
> JTS wrote:
>
> > What a showoff ;>)
> >
> > "David G Fisher" > wrote in message
> >> http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1959051
> >>
> >> Wow.
> >>

> >> --
> >> David G Fisher
> >>

> I gave Red Cross $50 earlier today. Considering Schumi's net worth vs
> mine I'd say were about equal in the donation dept :-)
>
> Mitch
>

> --
> Remove the nospam. to reply.
>
> Kontact enabled ______

Good job Mitch, not that it'll help though imo; with the widespread
corruption in that part of the world, I'd be surprised if a lot of the aid,
especially $, ever gets to where its needed. That, and the various ethnic
groups, tribes, etc use the donated food, etc. as a weapon too, ala Somalia.

But hopefully I'll be wrong <g>

Old January 6th 05, 11:00 PM
Greg Campbell

buster wrote:

> Joachim Trensz wrote:

>> Talking can help raise more funds as others may feel they're put to
>> shame if they don't donate....
>> Achim

> what a self serving prick you are boasting abotu donations

('buster' huh? Too cowardly to use a real name...)

You are arguably the biggest jackass to post here in many years.

Would you please do us all a BIG favor?!
Kindly STFU, then crawl back into the slime slathered sewer pipe you
emerged from.

-Greg
Old January 7th 05, 05:29 AM
Biz

"Joachim Trensz" > wrote in message
> Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
> > Maybe they prefer *not* to talk about it in public?

> Talking can help raise more funds as others may feel they're put to shame

if
> they don't donate. I think if someone seriously wants to support someone

or
> something, he'll donate and then talk about it, to make others follow his

example.

> Achim

I have to think a $10 million anonymous donation would be just as effective.

Old January 7th 05, 05:35 AM
David G Fisher

"Biz" > wrote in message

> "Joachim Trensz" > wrote in message
> > Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
> > > Maybe they prefer *not* to talk about it in public?

> > Talking can help raise more funds as others may feel they're put to

shame
> if
> > they don't donate. I think if someone seriously wants to support someone

> or
> > something, he'll donate and then talk about it, to make others follow

his
> example.
> >
> > Achim

> I have to think a $10 million anonymous donation would be just as

effective.

It would be impossible for the world's most famous sports star to make an
anonymous 10 million dollar donation.

--
David G Fisher

Old January 7th 05, 05:38 AM
Joachim Trensz

Biz wrote:
> I have to think a $10 million anonymous donation would be just as effective.

The way I see it, Schumi so far is the only F1 driver having made a major
contribution. His example could exert a certain pressure on others in F1 to
follow his example.

Hence, I think it's good he (or rather his management) made it public. There's
so much money in F1. I'm surprised nobody has asked yet where F1's contribution is.

Maybe they've all donated anonymously - but I doubt it.

Schumi's contribution will put some pressure on the others in F1.

Achim
Old January 7th 05, 05:39 AM
Joachim Trensz

Fcuk U wrote:
> David G Fisher wrote:
>
>> http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1959051
>>
>> Wow.
>>

> Just think of the tax relief! Wow!!

Schumi won't get any. He lives in Switzerland and pays very little taxe at all
for all I know

Achim
Old January 7th 05, 06:18 AM
JS

I second that.

JensSchumi

<snip>>

Old January 7th 05, 06:24 AM
JS

No need to worry.
The major charity organisations have direct control up to the receivers.
It's not like other countries where you have to deliver to the doorstep and then
go home w/o possibility of control.

JensSchumi

PS: corruption is also present here but works different.

Old January 7th 05, 08:42 AM
Fcuk U

David G Fisher wrote:

> It would be impossible for the world's most famous sports star to make an
> anonymous 10 million dollar donation.

Fanboy alert!
Old January 7th 05, 02:39 PM
Jon

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message

> "Biz" > wrote in message

> > > Talking can help raise more funds as others may feel they're put to

> shame
> > if
> > > they don't donate. I think if someone seriously wants to support

someone
> > or
> > > something, he'll donate and then talk about it, to make others follow

> his
> > example.
> > >
> > > Achim

> > I have to think a $10 million anonymous donation would be just as

> effective.
>
> It would be impossible for the world's most famous sports star to make an
> anonymous 10 million dollar donation.

Most famous sports star pfffttt, 95% of the world has never heard of him.