Springs for 1968 coupe?

Old May 5th 05, 01:27 PM
Dinsdale

On Thu, 05 May 2005 11:34:14 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>Hey! All ya'll that know..
>is the badging on the fender right on this car?
>
>Kate

It looks ok to my non-expert eyes.
The "Mustang" was changed to a script/cursive style in '68.
('67s had the individual block letters much like the '65-'66 GTs.)

The engine size was added to the running pony emblems on V-8 '67-'68s.
His needs some color though

....I think the side marker lights were new for '68 too.

DP
Pics of the cars:
http://tinyurl.com/d2q9u
Old May 5th 05, 04:55 PM
Thomas Cameron

"SVTKate" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> That looks REALLY good!
>
> Kate

Thanks a million, I appreciate it!

Thomas

Old May 5th 05, 04:57 PM
Thomas Cameron

"66 6F HCS" > wrote in message

> "SVTKate" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> That looks REALLY good!

> I just wish there was some "before" pix to compare to the "after" pix.
> That would give us a better idea of just how much it really lowered.

Well, it has not been lowered yet - I just put 15x8's on it instead of the
stock 14x6's. You can see several pix of the car at
http://www.camerontech.com/1968_mustang/

Thomas

Old May 5th 05, 05:00 PM
Thomas Cameron

"Spike" > wrote in message
> That would be my guess as a number of states prohibit the tire from
> extending beyond the fender (although in California I see this
> violated all over the place) to help reduce gravel etc being thrown at
> trailing vehicles.

Texas would be one - it is a no-no here.

Thomas

Old May 5th 05, 11:08 PM
SVTKate

"Dinsdale" > wrote in
| It looks ok to my non-expert eyes.
| The "Mustang" was changed to a script/cursive style in '68.
| ('67s had the individual block letters much like the '65-'66 GTs.)
|
| The engine size was added to the running pony emblems on V-8 '67-'68s.
| His needs some color though
|
| ...I think the side marker lights were new for '68 too.
|
| DP
| Pics of the cars:
| http://tinyurl.com/d2q9u

Thanks DP

I didn't know that it had the Mustang AND the three color emblem on the side
of the fender.
Seemes like allot to me.

Goes to show how much I know about old iron LOL

Kate

Old May 5th 05, 11:40 PM
Dinsdale

On Thu, 05 May 2005 22:08:25 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>Thanks DP
>
>I didn't know that it had the Mustang AND the three color emblem on the side
>of the fender.
>Seemes like allot to me.
>
>Goes to show how much I know about old iron LOL
>
>Kate

....and they are so much fun when it's wax time.

DP
Pics of the cars:
http://tinyurl.com/d2q9u
Old May 6th 05, 11:16 PM
SVTKate

Oh my'ggosh.. I would just bet they are!
More beer please!

--
Kate

"It's just a couple of greased up broads on a Chevy! Get over it!"
Mrs. Foreman

news | On Thu, 05 May 2005 22:08:25 GMT, "SVTKate"

Old May 24th 05, 08:12 PM
Thomas Cameron

On Mon, 23 May 2005 11:38:11 -0400, white68fb wrote:

> Did you end up with the 5 leaf springs? If so did you go with the
> stock eye position? Could you tell me the resulting distance between
> the center of the rear wheel and the top of the fender opening that
> you ended up with? I’m having trouble with the tire hitting the
> fender when I hit bumps and want to replace the leaf springs. Thanks

An unexpected financial setback has put the Mustang project mostly on
hold. I am trying to get the 289 tuned up but beyond that I am not buying
anything new for a while. :-(

Thomas

330 coupe Paul Aspinall BMW 2 April 25th 05 07:46 PM
leaf springs [email protected] Corvette 3 March 10th 05 10:42 PM
Stock '04 TJ Unlimited springs on a '98 TJ Sport? Jimbo Jeep 0 March 8th 05 10:21 AM
Squeaking Leaf Springs Len Ford Explorer 1 March 8th 05 04:20 AM
getting the right springs Gerard Antique cars 0 September 15th 03 06:30 PM