Apology

Old August 12th 04, 04:32 AM
Dad

"Diode" > wrote in message
t...
> Apparently I ruffled a few feathers with a recent outburst. To those
> who were offended by my language, I apologize. I won't go into details
> about why, but let's just say I was down to my last nerve and that putz
> got on it. I have since killfiled the putz in question so as to keep my
> blood pressure down and my posts more user friendly. You folks that
> have been around here for a while know that I don't do that to ANYBODY
> except one person. Again, sorry to those who were offended (except the
> putz, of course)
> --
>
> Shut up, Dave.
>
> -|>|- Diode -|<|-
> '68 L-79 Coupe
> '79 Triumph Bonneville

I don't know how to respond to this, I'm so teary eyed I can't type.

Get off your knees, what will people think?

--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51

Old August 12th 04, 05:53 AM
Diode

Dad spoke thusly...

> I don't know how to respond to this, I'm so teary eyed I can't type.

No Dad, I think they have a valid point (or at least Tom Crabtree does).
There are some people that get offended, if even mildly, by extremely
foul language. You wouldn't EXPECT to come into a Corvette NG and be
bombarded with extreme profanity. And you would be right to expect
that. There are specific NGs for that type of thing 8^) What if
somebody's kid were reading over their parent's shoulder? It's not the
way I would speak to a group of people in the real world so why do it
here? Please note that I said "group"...I would still say exactly what
I did if it were only directed at him. I'm not getting all mushy on you
Dad...and I would still like to choke the life out of that little putz,
but I guess it comes under the heading of common courtesy.

--
-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
Old August 12th 04, 06:53 AM
Dad

"Diode" > wrote in message
et...
> Dad spoke thusly...
>
> > I don't know how to respond to this, I'm so teary eyed I can't type.
> >

> No Dad, I think they have a valid point (or at least Tom Crabtree does).
> There are some people that get offended, if even mildly, by extremely
> foul language.

I'm glad to see that you finally kill filed the little roach.

By the way, what did you do with the old pipes you took off to put on the
new side pipes?
--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51

Old August 12th 04, 04:50 PM
RicSeyler

DAMMIT!! I missed it, now I have a bunch of reading to do!! hehehehehehe

Old August 14th 04, 03:22 PM
Tedd Riggs

Same problem here Ken, must have been eating to many of those funny tasting
brownies my neighbor makes as I missed the post also..

--
Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA