An M3 owner talks about his S4

Old July 9th 07, 02:59 PM posted to alt.autos.audi,alt.autos.bmw
John Carrier

Default An M3 owner talks about his S4

"Steve Thompson" > wrote in message
rsoft.com...
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Alf.F wrote:
>
>> But my AUDI needs new front pads twice a year and once a year new
>> front discs and bearings.

Given the exhuberant driving style (100mph on rural roads!?!), I can
understand rapid turnover on pads. And new rotors every other pad change
seems reasonable. But new front wheel bearings annually? Hawthorne vice
Fangio?

> One thing that has surprised me is that my 2002 A4 3.0Q, now with
> 95,000 miles, is still on the original pads.

More in line with most drivers' experience.

R / John

Old July 9th 07, 04:50 PM posted to alt.autos.audi,alt.autos.bmw

On Jul 9, 8:06 am, Steve Thompson > wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Alf.F wrote:
> > But my AUDI needs new front pads twice a year and once a year new
> > front discs and bearings.

> One thing that has surprised me is that my 2002 A4 3.0Q, now with
> 95,000 miles, is still on the original pads.
>
> Steev

Clutch and pads on the M3's: E36 had a total of 3 sets of pads, one
of which was brand new when she was prematurely killed, and at 110,000
I replaced the clutch. But I only did that because the throw-out
bearing was gone, and I wasn't about to drop the tranny twice. When I
got the disc back, it still had a good bit of the friction material
still left on it.

The E46 was running on the first set of pads AFAIK at almost 60K, and
definitiely the first clutch.

I am hearing rumblings that I cannot expect the same life out of the
Audi clutch.

Mark

Old December 22nd 09, 02:30 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:53:10 -0600, against all advice, something
compelled a4rob >, to say:

> sorry to dig up an old thread, i did a search and didn't realize this
> was old until after i posted.

I didn't see it when it was current. Is there a link? I'm
interested.