One less Cobra...

Old January 24th 05, 07:09 AM
jim.gm4dhj

> OR, all you ****-fer-brainses, maybe he was taking his daughter for
> spin in his new hot rod and just ****ing lost it. Sick *******s. And
> *******esses.
>
> CobraJet

say what you mean...don't beat about the bush......

Old January 24th 05, 08:49 AM
Backyard Mechanic

In Ohio, they're registered as "Historic" if they are 25 years old.

When this was enacted... any car that made it 25 years deserved the title.

When my dad got in a minor accident in 53 or so, he brought home a 38 Nash as
a loaner.

That was the oldest car i'd ever remembered riding in.. but I was a little
kid.

And the fact that the news article said it was a 1966 tells me it was the
real thing... they would have got that off the Police Report, which would
have been filed from from the registration.

Jim Warman opined in news:io0Jd.48603$06.14731@clgrps12:

Old January 24th 05, 01:00 PM
SVTKate

Not being too sure who Father Ted is...no... I dont think so.
When I was a teenager I babysat for some real little monsters, that's where
I heard that one.

Kate

Old January 24th 05, 03:46 PM
Brent P

In article >, Backyard Mechanic wrote:
> And the fact that the news article said it was a 1966 tells me it was the
> real thing... they would have got that off the Police Report, which would
> have been filed from from the registration.

There titles out there with the wrong year and kit cars / replicas titled
as what they resemble.

Old January 24th 05, 04:06 PM
Bob Urz

ZombyWoof wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:49:03 GMT, Backyard Mechanic
> > wrote something wonderfully witty:
>

>>In Ohio, they're registered as "Historic" if they are 25 years old.
>>
>>When this was enacted... any car that made it 25 years deserved the title.
>>
>>When my dad got in a minor accident in 53 or so, he brought home a 38 Nash as
>>a loaner.
>>
>>That was the oldest car i'd ever remembered riding in.. but I was a little
>>kid.
>>
>>And the fact that the news article said it was a 1966 tells me it was the
>>real thing... they would have got that off the Police Report, which would
>>have been filed from from the registration.
>>

> The oldest one I remember riding in was a Mercury with a push-button
> automatic transmission. Don't remember what the year was though.
>
> My favorite ride that Pops had was a Turbo-Corvair. It was his first
> ever new car. He used to take that puppy out with me and drive it
> like a madman. Loved the hell out of that car and those particular
> times with my Pop.

Ralph Nader would have loved your dad........
My freinds dad had a blue two speed automatic.
Was a leaker as i recall.

Bob

Old January 25th 05, 01:24 AM
berkshire bill

"ZombyWoof" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:49:03 GMT, Backyard Mechanic
> > wrote something wonderfully witty:
>
>>In Ohio, they're registered as "Historic" if they are 25 years old.
>>
>>When this was enacted... any car that made it 25 years deserved the title.
>>
>>When my dad got in a minor accident in 53 or so, he brought home a 38 Nash
>>as
>>a loaner.
>>
>>That was the oldest car i'd ever remembered riding in.. but I was a little
>>kid.
>>
>>And the fact that the news article said it was a 1966 tells me it was the
>>real thing... they would have got that off the Police Report, which would
>>have been filed from from the registration.
>>

> The oldest one I remember riding in was a Mercury with a push-button
> automatic transmission. Don't remember what the year was though.

Ah yes, the Merc-O-Matic Push button transmission. Not that long ago in my
book, 1957, 1958 Mercury Monterey, Montclair, Turnpike Cruiser and Colony
Park. The 'Old Timers' of that era still leaned toward the 3 on the tree
manual transmission and influenced what we drove making today's find of a
push button transmission a valuable asset.

Bill

Old January 25th 05, 03:38 AM
Tiger

Grover C. McCoury III wrote:

> Two ejected, killed as antique car hits pole
> Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel
>
> January 23, 2005
>
> Two people were killed Saturday night when their antique roadster
> struck a pole, ejecting them both from the convertible.
> Snip

Another case of hi performance car meets low performance driver. Bad
mix....... :-(

Old January 28th 05, 07:50 AM
Nicodemus Telrenner

"SVTKate" > wrote in
ink.net:

> Not being too sure who Father Ted is...no... I dont think so.
> When I was a teenager I babysat for some real little monsters, that's
> where I heard that one.
>
> Kate
>

> "jim.gm4dhj" > wrote in message
>|

>| > Besides... YOU"RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!!