Meguiars spray on wax ??

Old December 13th 06, 04:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Meguiars spray on wax ??

"Andy" > wrote in message

> So you built pumps... how does that apply to automotive finishes
> applied to cars?

Chemical compatibility.

So all you got out of that was that I build pumps? Why do you think I included
the names of OEM suppliers of carwash equipment and supplies? They sell soap for
car wash facilities, check out their soap and Dawn and see if there are any
similarities. Chemical compatibility.

If the material and elastomembers in the pump are not compatible with the
material being pumped the results are pump failures. Unhappy customer, warranty
work, loss of business, and a bad company name. Chemical compatibility.

Automotive finishes are applied to cars by pumps, through many applicators such
as spray guns, turbo bells, and dip tanks. Chemical compatibility.

None of that work was done without knowing how any chemical reacted to other
materials such as soap on car finishes. Chemical compatibility charts are
available for confirmation of what will or will not harm another material, check
it out.

Old December 13th 06, 05:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andy

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:19:36 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:

>"Andy" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Its not an old wifes tale. You shouldn't use a chamois either, you
>> should use terry cloth or microfiber towels to dry a car. Yes it
>> takes of everything then leaves a residue. You clearly don't have an
>> understanding of how dish soap works on automotive finsishes, but you
>> won't change because your too cheap.

>Didn't say I used a chamois, I said "your" chamois. Help me with my
>"understanding" and use some facts please.

I don't use a chamois. Fact, dish soap strips off wax and can leave a
resuide behind. Fact, car wash soaps do not strip off wax or leave a
residue behind.
Old December 13th 06, 05:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andy

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:42:35 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:

>"Andy" > wrote in message
.. .

>> So you built pumps... how does that apply to automotive finishes
>> applied to cars?

>Chemical compatibility.
>
>So all you got out of that was that I build pumps? Why do you think I included
>the names of OEM suppliers of carwash equipment and supplies? They sell soap for
>car wash facilities, check out their soap and Dawn and see if there are any
>similarities. Chemical compatibility.

Seems like you don't know how automtovie finishes work. A chemical in
a liquid state does not have the same properties once it is dry.

Check Dawn and car wax, then tell me that Dawn doesn't remove it. You
know darn well (or you should) that Dawn will remove wax from cars.
Old December 13th 06, 05:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad

"Andy" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:19:36 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:
>
>>Didn't say I used a chamois, I said "your" chamois. Help me with my
>>"understanding" and use some facts please.

> I don't use a chamois. Fact, dish soap strips off wax and can leave a
> resuide behind. Fact, car wash soaps do not strip off wax or leave a
> residue behind.

Fact, you have no facts. You eat off plates with a residue on them?

Take a look at the MSDS sheets on dish soap and car wash soap.

Old December 13th 06, 06:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andy

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:54:04 -0500, "Dad" >
wrote:

>"Andy" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:19:36 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:
>>
>>>Didn't say I used a chamois, I said "your" chamois. Help me with my
>>>"understanding" and use some facts please.

>> I don't use a chamois. Fact, dish soap strips off wax and can leave a
>> resuide behind. Fact, car wash soaps do not strip off wax or leave a
>> residue behind.

>Fact, you have no facts. You eat off plates with a residue on them?
>
>Take a look at the MSDS sheets on dish soap and car wash soap.

I have given you facts. A simple Google search backs up my facts and
debunks your idea. Eating off plates isn't the same as washing a car.
Unless you paint your plates with an automotive finish and wax them.

MSDS sheets refer to the human safety aspect.
Old December 13th 06, 06:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
No Vette Yet

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:28:02 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:42:35 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:
>

>>"Andy" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> So you built pumps... how does that apply to automotive finishes
>>> applied to cars?

>>Chemical compatibility.
>>
>>So all you got out of that was that I build pumps? Why do you think I included
>>the names of OEM suppliers of carwash equipment and supplies? They sell soap for
>>car wash facilities, check out their soap and Dawn and see if there are any
>>similarities. Chemical compatibility.

>Seems like you don't know how automtovie finishes work. A chemical in
>a liquid state does not have the same properties once it is dry.
>
>Check Dawn and car wax, then tell me that Dawn doesn't remove it. You
>know darn well (or you should) that Dawn will remove wax from cars.

I'm no expert but when I use to have my cars detailed, they didn't use
dawn soap nor chamois (sp??) but did use terry cloth. I don't
remember what they used for the soap now but I don't believe it was
dishwashing soap.

Since then, I've read a lot about car finishes and the consensus is to
use terry cloth or microfiber towels for wiping the car dry. And most
car people nowadays seem to NOT like dishwashing soap for car washing
but I seem to recall that old timers (of my dad's age... WWII vet) use
to say on the OLD cars that dishwashing soap was fine. I don't know
if that had to do with the lack of clear coat on the old cars or not.

But to repeat in more or less words that Dad (here) said earlier....
do what works for you !! That seems to be the answer no matter what
your opinion is <grin>.
Old December 13th 06, 06:24 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
No Vette Yet

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:01:19 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:54:04 -0500, "Dad" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Andy" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> I don't use a chamois. Fact, dish soap strips off wax and can leave a
>>> resuide behind. Fact, car wash soaps do not strip off wax or leave a
>>> residue behind.

>>Fact, you have no facts. You eat off plates with a residue on them?
>>
>>Take a look at the MSDS sheets on dish soap and car wash soap.

>I have given you facts. A simple Google search backs up my facts and
>debunks your idea. Eating off plates isn't the same as washing a car.
>Unless you paint your plates with an automotive finish and wax them.
>
>MSDS sheets refer to the human safety aspect.

With all due respect, I think the MSDS also gives the chemical
composition as well as the human safety aspect. BTW, my understanding
is, a grocery store is supposed to carry them for your inspection
since they sell chemical composed items but I bet if you ask for a
"MSDS" sheet, almost no one will know what you are talking about.

The only reason I know about MSDS was because when I had to visit
petrochemical plants (btw, not the kinda place you want your vette to
be), they make you take safety courses before hand and talk and show
you MSDS sheets.
Old December 13th 06, 06:36 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Andy" > wrote in message
>>> I don't use a chamois. Fact, dish soap strips off wax and can leave a
>>> resuide behind. Fact, car wash soaps do not strip off wax or leave a
>>> residue behind.

>>Fact, you have no facts. You eat off plates with a residue on them?
>>
>>Take a look at the MSDS sheets on dish soap and car wash soap.

> I have given you facts. A simple Google search backs up my facts and
> debunks your idea. Eating off plates isn't the same as washing a car.
> Unless you paint your plates with an automotive finish and wax them.

How can I deal with logic like that? I'll have to see what google says about
that if I need to believe it or not.

> MSDS sheets refer to the human safety aspect.

It also gives the base chemicals used in both. Your facts are web hearsay and
old wives tales, try looking at the chemical composition of both soaps then if
you don't agree with using MSDS sheets. Ever even give it any thought as to why
they used Dawn to clean animals after the oil spill?

Chemical compatibility.

Old December 13th 06, 07:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andy

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:36:45 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:

>"Andy" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Fact, you have no facts. You eat off plates with a residue on them?
>>>
>>>Take a look at the MSDS sheets on dish soap and car wash soap.

>> I have given you facts. A simple Google search backs up my facts and
>> debunks your idea. Eating off plates isn't the same as washing a car.
>> Unless you paint your plates with an automotive finish and wax them.

>How can I deal with logic like that? I'll have to see what google says about
>that if I need to believe it or not.

You mean how can you deal with the truth?

>> MSDS sheets refer to the human safety aspect.

>It also gives the base chemicals used in both. Your facts are web hearsay and
>old wives tales, try looking at the chemical composition of both soaps then if
>you don't agree with using MSDS sheets. Ever even give it any thought as to why
>they used Dawn to clean animals after the oil spill?

If you don't understand the basics of how Dawn works then you'll never
understand. Of course they use Dawn for cleaning animals.. IT REMOVES
THE OIL AND WAX!. The same thing is does to you car.. IT REMOVES THE
WAX.

Now if you goal is to remove the wax before doing a clay bar treatment
and re waxing then thats another thing.

I suggest you look at the information from companies that make
automotive paint, clear coat and waxes and let me know which ones say
to use Dawn to clean your car with.
Old December 13th 06, 07:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad

<No Vette Yet> wrote in message
>>MSDS sheets refer to the human safety aspect.

> With all due respect, I think the MSDS also gives the chemical
> composition as well as the human safety aspect. BTW, my understanding
> is, a grocery store is supposed to carry them for your inspection
> since they sell chemical composed items but I bet if you ask for a
> "MSDS" sheet, almost no one will know what you are talking about.
>
> The only reason I know about MSDS was because when I had to visit
> petrochemical plants (btw, not the kinda place you want your vette to
> be), they make you take safety courses before hand and talk and show
> you MSDS sheets.

Try going into a mine without mega safety training.