Confessions of a Bad Driver

Old December 14th 05, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Confessions of a Bad Driver

You always hear people talk about the other driver and how bad they
are. They think that they never make mistakes or are ever in the
wrong. Well, I am that other driver and I make many mistakes.
Sometimes not on purpose and sometimes just to tick other people off.
Before you stone me I am most likely doing the same things that most of
you do but will not admit it.

You know the person that drives slow on the highway until you get to a
passing lane and they speed up? That would be me. How about when you
are late for work and the car in front goes the speed limit and comes
to complete and full stops at all stop signs That would be me also.
By the way the closer you tail gate me....the slower I go.

Last week
some lady behind me was beeping her horn because I took to long at the
stop sign, and what do you know my car stalled right there. Isn't that
strange. She was so close to me the poor dear couldn't go around me
and of course by then she had cars behind her. Boy, was it ever
funny.The real strange part was by the time she was able to back up to
go around me my car magically started and away I was able to go. I have
never seen a woman turn that color before. Boy was she ticked.

I have never had an accident or received a ticket although I have been
a bad driver for over 30 years now. I am always in the wrong lane or
going the wrong speed. I'm the idiot going straight in a left turning
lane only and the ass.... backing out of the parking space at a mall
looking one way while the car is going the other. My theory being
other drivers will always avoided hitting me when I screw up. It has
worked this long, I just hope I don't meet someone like me on the road.

I realize I am ticking people off sometimes but I try to always leave
myself an out. I never do it if I am boxed in traffic. I have had a
couple situations where people have got out of their car and approached
mine. I wait till they are close and then drive off.
I had a fellow one time on Windmill road try to pass me on the right.
I timed that one perfectly and he ended up hitting a parked car. Made
my day.

What a drive into work this morning. Woke up late so did not have time
to clear off my car(as usual) I like that feeling though of driving
down the highway with snow blowing off my car behind me. Also when you
only have a small peephole cleared in front I find I am more focused on
what's going.

I don't bother clearing off my signal lights as I very
rarely use them anyway. Why bother when I know where I'm going anyway.
Also by not using them they never burn out and I don't have to worry
come Motor Vehicle Inspection time that they are not working. Saves money
and
time....pretty smart eh?

So everyone drive safe out there and keep an eye out for me. I drive a
little red Honda Civic.

Happy Motoring

Old December 14th 05, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> wrong. Well, I am that other driver

Calling Necromancer, TKMHPM and the rest of those easily hooked...

Old December 14th 05, 09:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Linda, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:00:04 GMT:
> You always hear people

Troll-O-Meter V3.1: 0.02/10.00 - Lame, Lame, Lame.
Old December 14th 05, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

JohnH, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:14:43 -0500:
> Calling Necromancer

This troll is not that good.

BTW, the "n," in necromancer is not capitalized.
Old December 15th 05, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Linda" > wrote in message
> You always hear people talk about the other driver and how bad they
> are. They think that they never make mistakes or are ever in the
> wrong. Well, I am that other driver and I make many mistakes.
> Sometimes not on purpose and sometimes just to tick other people off.
> Before you stone me I am most likely doing the same things that most of
> you do but will not admit it.
>

> You know the person that drives slow on the highway until you get to a
> passing lane and they speed up? That would be me. How about when you
> are late for work and the car in front goes the speed limit and comes
> to complete and full stops at all stop signs That would be me also.
> By the way the closer you tail gate me....the slower I go.

Ahh don't worry about it. Most of these 'experts' on these newsgroups suck
driving anyway, at least you admit it.