2006 MX-5 price gouging

Old July 9th 05, 01:57 PM
Tom

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 11:39:42 GMT, (Dave) wrote:

>In article >, Tom > wrote:
>
>>I want a club spec marble white. I like a 5spd and cloth seats. No a/c
>>is an added bonus!
>>
>>Now if really goes for the $20,995 I won't hold off trading my 02.

>Why wouldn't it? Remember the NB Club Spec models? I guess some
>people jumped at 'em when they came out at list. And by the end
>of the run, they almost couldn't give them away. Lots of people
>talk about wanting a no-frills model, but few pull the trigger.
>
>If you can wait 6 mths to a year, *if* you can find one (I bet
>they make very few), I think you'll get one for many $K under.

I can wait the 6mo to a yr. Like you say the tough part will be
finding one that is actually no-frills and because of that if one pops
up locally and it's under or at mrsp I'll scoop it up. The one must is
the marble white being the clup spec is suppose to only be in 3
colors. My 02 being red hasn't bothered me, but I don't want another
red car. Blue isn't too appealing either.

I don't think I have ever used the cruise except to see if it worked
when I first got the car. A/C for any distance and my head throbs when
I get to where I'm going so I haven't had that on enough to have it.

The one thing I would really want is a hardtop and so far I haven't
read anything about them for the 06 outside of people saying prior
ones won't fit....guess on that one I'll have to bite the bullet and
just pay whatever it is I'll have to pay.

Old July 9th 05, 02:44 PM
Dave

In article >, Tom > wrote:

>I don't think I have ever used the cruise except to see if it worked
>when I first got the car. A/C for any distance and my head throbs when
>I get to where I'm going so I haven't had that on enough to have it.

I use the CC quite often. Usually on the long highway rides
getting to where the good roads are.

Maybe I have the same experience with the a/c, but if so, I think
it is because I only use it on those days when the sun is really
beating on me. I imagine I'd have a worse headache without it!

Good luck on the search and purchase! Just don't get gouged!!