Most realistic sim today?

Old October 11th 05, 07:51 AM
Steve Simpson

> I haven't personally played the release version of GTLegends, but judging
> from what I've heard, the multiplayer is currently just as buggy as it
> was
> in GTR (and still is, and I'll bet that there will be no more patches as
> 90% of the GTR/GTL dev people have now left Simbin...)

If that's true (I suspect it's not), I'll be avoiding GTL like the plague.
Old October 11th 05, 07:54 AM
Steve Simpson

> The main thing I notice with
> rFactor is that downshifting seems to slow a car down quicker than I
> expected, and it can also be used to setup a pretty
> good drift in the the cars (with assists on).

You can adjust this in the car setup - engine brake map.
Old October 11th 05, 08:02 AM
Steve Simpson

whoosh
Old October 11th 05, 08:49 AM
Jeff Reid

>> After thinking about this for a while, the winner is Simpson's Hit and Run.

> It's not realistic at all,

Not that I was really being serious, but I think that H&R simulates
the Simpons TV show quite well.

Old October 11th 05, 08:54 AM
Jeff Reid

>> The main thing I notice with
>> rFactor is that downshifting seems to slow a car down quicker than I expected, and it can also be used to setup a
>> pretty
>> good drift in the the cars (with assists on).

> You can adjust this in the car setup - engine brake map.

This wasn't what I meant. The braking effect when downshifting
seems to exceed what should be possible based on grip from the rear
tires. Maybe it was more noticable with assists on. With assists
off, I'm a bit more careful about downshifting in order to avoid
spinning out the car.

With assists on, if I'm too fast by mid-corner, downshifting can
often prevent the car from going off track, but then again,
so does braking (I would have expected to plow off track when
braking or spin out when downshifting). Will have to repeat
experiements with assists off.

Old October 11th 05, 12:33 PM
Bruce

No problem, Michael...and my apology for not doing so.

In the sentence under question, "does" is singular, yet the phrase "GTR
and GT Legends" denotes a plural case by the use of the conjuction
"and": there are two nouns under reference, not one.

Therefore the plural "do" needs to be used instead of the singular "does".

Bruce

Old October 11th 05, 12:45 PM
ymenard

>"Jeff Reid" > wrote
> Not that I was really being serious, but I think that H&R simulates
> the Simpons TV show quite well.

The modeling is SO wrong, I mean the Cletus house isn't next to a bridge in
real-life. Oh wait.. hmm

Old October 11th 05, 09:15 PM
Peter

In article 9>,
says...
> Peter > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article 9>,

says...
> >> Peter > wrote in
> >> :

says...

wrote:

> >> So the correct phrase would be
> >> "Where does {GTR,GT Legends} fit?"
> >>

> > No, that's even worse.

> Trying to rephrase it once more
> "Where does the set of games consisting of and only of GTR and GT Legends
> fit?"

Can't fault the use of does this time. Could question whether there
needs to be either a comma or hyphen after 'games' and 'Legends', but I
won't. ;-)

--
Pete Ives
Old October 11th 05, 10:02 PM
jason moyer

Jeff Reid wrote:

> Not that I was really being serious, but I think that H&R simulates
> the Simpons TV show quite well.

H&R was awesome. Maybe the best use of the Simpsons license ever.

Old October 13th 05, 04:21 PM
Larry

Personally, I still think it's NR2003.

-Larry

> wrote in message
> Haven't played a lot of sim racing lately but have some time to get
> back into it.
>
> What are the most realistic sims right now? Would this be accurate?
> (1) GPL
> (2) rFactor
> (3) Live For Speed
>
> Where does GTR and GT Legends fit?

GTR: Realistic Damage? How? Marc Collins Simulators 1 April 2nd 05 12:40 AM
Two visitors today! XS11E Mazda 2 March 4th 05 04:43 AM
Car Dies When Stops; Excudes Burning Smell from Exhaust; CanI drive to on road trip today? John David Galt Technology 0 January 2nd 05 10:37 PM
Please visit my brand new Xenon HID Showcase Website today... WENW Honda 0 October 11th 04 02:54 AM