84 Vette battery question

Old October 7th 04, 04:31 AM
Jon Smith

I you have a new battery and alternator you should first check to see
what the alternator is putting out. If you are getting 13 to 14 volts
at idle on the gauge you need to check for a drain. My guess is the
fuel pump relay or the Bose Relay is staying closed draining the
battery. The Bose relay is located under the dash on the passenger
side. It is close to the center and should be by the support bracket as
mine was. My drain on the 85 was the Bose relay. Yes, the radio is off
but the relay powers the four speaker amps any time the car is off...

Old October 7th 04, 04:31 AM
Jon Smith

Old October 7th 04, 03:07 PM
Don B.

You might want to check and make sure the antena motor is running
after it's retracted.

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:17:48 -0500, "Jeff & Missy"

Old October 7th 04, 03:07 PM
Don B.

Old October 7th 04, 03:39 PM
JOEVET

I had the same problem with the battery running down even after buying a
new battery on my '86.. Once I changed the Bose system I no longer had the
problem. I never figured it out until now. It must have been the Bose
relay-- thanks Jon

Old October 7th 04, 03:39 PM
JOEVET