Ford Catches One Of Toyota's Big Fish

Old October 19th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Ford Catches One Of Toyota's Big Fish

On Oct 18, 7:16 pm, Michael Johnson > wrote:

> > It's kinda like... when your football team stunk the previous year, you
> > don't get invited to play on Monday Night Football this year.

> Either that or your favorite football team changed its name and
> relocated to a new stadium on the other side of town and didn't bother
> to tell their fans. Then they wonder why the seats are empty on game day.

lol

EXACTLY!

Patrick

Old October 19th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_75_]

Read an article on him today in the paper. Apparently, he's a "good
guy". He used to hobnob with the little people in Toyota. Took a
doorman (I think) to a Lakers game once. Gazillion dollar seats.
That's the kind of guy the article painted him out to be. If it's true,
there's hope yet!

Michael Johnson > wrote in news:MqWdnX3c9tIx-
:

> Ford will probably air commercials in the Super Bowl that is worthless
> for generating meaningful sales. Something like showing a GT500 or

just
> flash concept cars that no one can buy. All I can say is this new guy
> from Toyota has his work cut out for him.
>
> Joe wrote:
>> Bah. We'll see how many ads Ford has in the next Superbowl. That'll
>> tell the real story.
>>

>> "dwight" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Ah, see, you just have to sign up for Ford's newsletters. They're
>>> pushing the Taurus bigtime through their email campaign.
>>>
>>> dwight

either...

-

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/15/f...afety-ads-set-
to-
>> go

name

he

500

new

Maybe

the

now

openly

also

is

--

of

promise

North

historically

headed

were

outside

marketing.

of

get

Old October 19th 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message

> IMO, they should have morphed the Taurus into a cross over vehicle and it
> would have been as radical a move as when the original Taurus hit the
> showrooms but that move is three years too late now. That Taurus could
> have been touted as redefining the family hauler.

Huh? Don't tell me you haven't heard of the Taurus X???
http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/taurusx/

(Is that what used to be the Freestyle?)

I guess Ford really should advertise more.

dwight

Old October 19th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

dwight wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> IMO, they should have morphed the Taurus into a cross over vehicle and it
>> would have been as radical a move as when the original Taurus hit the
>> showrooms but that move is three years too late now. That Taurus could
>> have been touted as redefining the family hauler.

> Huh? Don't tell me you haven't heard of the Taurus X???
> http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/taurusx/
>
> (Is that what used to be the Freestyle?)
>
> I guess Ford really should advertise more.

The only way I know about the Taurus X is I visited their website to
research a statement I made in this thread. Otherwise, I still wouldn't
know it is for sale. BTW, the "X" version looks like a Volvo wagon
knockoff to me.
Old October 19th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Sounds like he at least understands the common people. More than I can
say for the Ford family.

Old October 19th 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

dwight wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> IMO, they should have morphed the Taurus into a cross over vehicle and it
>> would have been as radical a move as when the original Taurus hit the
>> showrooms but that move is three years too late now. That Taurus could
>> have been touted as redefining the family hauler.

> Huh? Don't tell me you haven't heard of the Taurus X???
> http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/taurusx/
>
> (Is that what used to be the Freestyle?)
>
> I guess Ford really should advertise more.
>
> dwight

Yes they should. Looks like they have some Toyota people already on
the design team, that new and upcoming Flex looks like that horrible
little shoebox Scion with a Lincoln grill shoved in the front.

--
"Are you da poe-lice?" "No ma'am, we're musicians."

"So round, so firm, so fully packed, so easy on the draw" - Daffy Duck

Ahem. You're talking to someone who thinks that
popping a sail atop a 3,000 pound motor vehicle
is a viable alternative. - dwight
Old October 20th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Chris[_25_]

Ford reported 250 billion dollars profit this year. Take a drive in to
your local town and look at how many f series trucks, mustangs,and ford
suvs are on the highway. I know in the area of s.c that I live in you
cant even keep count.GM had to make up some b.s employee discount just
to keep with Ford. The worse they say they are doing the more we as
brand lovers want to help bring them back up. If Ford or GM are broke
with all the 07 and 08 models they are selling, someone has a bad crack
smoking problem. Dont believe the media thats what they want you to do.

Old October 21st 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Chris wrote:
> Ford reported 250 billion dollars profit this year. Take a drive in to
> your local town and look at how many f series trucks, mustangs,and ford
> suvs are on the highway. I know in the area of s.c that I live in you
> cant even keep count.GM had to make up some b.s employee discount just
> to keep with Ford. The worse they say they are doing the more we as
> brand lovers want to help bring them back up. If Ford or GM are broke
> with all the 07 and 08 models they are selling, someone has a bad crack
> smoking problem. Dont believe the media thats what they want you to do.

Why is Ford's stock so low if they are doing so well?