A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto newsgroups » Technology
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

My 1983 Dodge van.

Old December 10th 17, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default My 1983 Dodge van.

The drivers front door lock and passenger side door locks are electric Power Locks. The key in the drivers side door lock, most of the time it is hard to lock and unlock the door. One of my repair manuals diagrams shows two or three pull/push rods. Can I remove one of those rods so the key will operate the lock the old fashinoned way? If so, which rod? Inside my Haynes (paper manual) Dodge and Plymouth 1971 through 2003 Vans, on page 11-8 (chapter 11 body) there are three diagrams of the inside of the door. I don't care about electric power door locks on my old van. I only want the old fashioned mechanical action door lock style.
Ads
Old December 17th 17, 03:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

can I borrow it?

I used to drive a safari, and had some important work done on it. An apprentice left his crescent wrench inside the drivers door, and every time I went over a bump the doorlocks would cycle a couple of times.

Nils K. Hammer

The kid was happy to get his wrench back.
Old December 18th 17, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey
external usenet poster

In article >,
> wrote:
>can I borrow it?
>
>I used to drive a safari, and had some important work done on it. An apprentice left his crescent wrench inside the drivers door, and every time I went over a bump the doorlocks would cycle a couple of times.

I hope you gave the guy a lecture about the evils of bolt-rounding wrenches?
--scott
--
"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
Old December 18th 17, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 9:25:22 AM UTC-6, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
> >can I borrow it?
> >
> >I used to drive a safari, and had some important work done on it. An apprentice left his crescent wrench inside the drivers door, and every time I went over a bump the doorlocks would cycle a couple of times.

>
> I hope you gave the guy a lecture about the evils of bolt-rounding wrenches?
> --scott
> --
> "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Used to be in some auto factories when people took a break or their lunch break, sometimes somebody would forget and leave a soda pop bottle/candy wrapper inside a door, after the inside door panel was installed. Maybe it still happens.
Old December 18th 17, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 10:28:22 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
> On 12/18/2017 10:19 AM, wrote:
> > On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 9:25:22 AM UTC-6, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> >> In article >,
> >> > wrote:
> >>> can I borrow it?
> >>>
> >>> I used to drive a safari, and had some important work done on it. An apprentice left his crescent wrench inside the drivers door, and every time I went over a bump the doorlocks would cycle a couple of times.
> >>
> >> I hope you gave the guy a lecture about the evils of bolt-rounding wrenches?
> >> --scott
> >> --
> >> "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

> >
> > Used to be in some auto factories when people took a break or their lunch break, sometimes somebody would forget and leave a soda pop bottle/candy wrapper inside a door, after the inside door panel was installed. Maybe it still happens.
> >

>
> 'forget' ??
> I grew up near a Chevrolet assembly plant. Lunch scraps,
> beer cans and scrawled obscenities were all part of the
> ongoing unrelenting sabotage, day in, day out all 3 shifts.
>
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> <www.yellowjersey.org/>
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

sacbee.com (August 11, 2017) Leaving water bottles in your car can be a fire hazard. Bottle full of water acts like a magnafying glass in the hot sun, can set the upholstery or paper or plastic on fire.