good brand of tie rod ends for F-250?

Old June 29th 13, 02:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
jim beam[_4_]

Default good brand of tie rod ends for F-250?

On 06/28/2013 06:34 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 09:29 PM, jim beam wrote:
>

>> iow, "what is a good low-cost brand for after-market frod tie rods?"
>> [assuming they're even needed.]

> So you *DO* understand the question, more or less.

yeah, but nobody else did. and it took me jamming a stick up your ass
to get you to that point.

> I wouldn't say "low
> cost" but I'm wondering if there's anything under the $200/piece price
> point that is acceptable quality. I'm impressed that it only took four
> or five posts to get that through your thick skull.

wow, that's one incredible mirror you have there brick head.

> Your reading
> comprehension skills are improving! You get a gold star for the day.
>
> Unfortunately, you haven't actually *answered* the question.

no, go ****ing answer it yourself - you don't want "good", you just want
cheap. that's easy.

> Even more unfortunately for the rest of us, you persist in responding
> even when you have nothing to say.

/i/ have nothing to say??? nate, you're just the most incredibly
stupefyingly retarded retard that's ever polluted usenet. apart from
perhaps archimedes plutonium. but at least he was just crazy. and
could do math. and knew how to use google.

--
fact check required
Old June 29th 13, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/28/2013 09:44 PM, jim beam wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 06:34 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
>> On 06/28/2013 09:29 PM, jim beam wrote:
>>

>>> iow, "what is a good low-cost brand for after-market frod tie rods?"
>>> [assuming they're even needed.]

>> So you *DO* understand the question, more or less.

> yeah, but nobody else did. and it took me jamming a stick up your ass
> to get you to that point.
>

>> I wouldn't say "low
>> cost" but I'm wondering if there's anything under the $200/piece price
>> point that is acceptable quality. I'm impressed that it only took four
>> or five posts to get that through your thick skull.

> wow, that's one incredible mirror you have there brick head.
>

>> Your reading
>> comprehension skills are improving! You get a gold star for the day.
>>
>> Unfortunately, you haven't actually *answered* the question.

> no, go ****ing answer it yourself - you don't want "good", you just want
> cheap. that's easy.
>

>> Even more unfortunately for the rest of us, you persist in responding
>> even when you have nothing to say.

> /i/ have nothing to say??? nate, you're just the most incredibly
> stupefyingly retarded retard that's ever polluted usenet. apart from
> perhaps archimedes plutonium. but at least he was just crazy. and
> could do math. and knew how to use google.

OK, I was wrong, you didn't understand the question.

I *do* want good - if I'm going to put my name on work, I want to make
sure it doesn't need to be redone in a year or two.

I just don't want to tell someone to buy parts that are 2x the cost that
they need to be to accomplish that goal.

Now, I've searched online and found lots of posts on forums where people
are bitching about the quality of damn near every brand of front end
parts, but not saying a whole lot positive.

Is that actually the current state of the aftermarket parts industry?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old June 29th 13, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
jim beam[_4_]

On 06/28/2013 06:57 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 09:44 PM, jim beam wrote:

>>> So you *DO* understand the question, more or less.

>> yeah, but nobody else did. and it took me jamming a stick up your ass
>> to get you to that point.
>>

>>> I wouldn't say "low
>>> cost" but I'm wondering if there's anything under the $200/piece price
>>> point that is acceptable quality. I'm impressed that it only took four
>>> or five posts to get that through your thick skull.

>> wow, that's one incredible mirror you have there brick head.
>>

>>> Your reading
>>> comprehension skills are improving! You get a gold star for the day.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, you haven't actually *answered* the question.

>> no, go ****ing answer it yourself - you don't want "good", you just want
>> cheap. that's easy.
>>

>>> Even more unfortunately for the rest of us, you persist in responding
>>> even when you have nothing to say.

>> /i/ have nothing to say??? nate, you're just the most incredibly
>> stupefyingly retarded retard that's ever polluted usenet. apart from
>> perhaps archimedes plutonium. but at least he was just crazy. and
>> could do math. and knew how to use google.
>>

> OK, I was wrong, you didn't understand the question.

uh, so who cut through your retard filter to get to the point??? the
point you couldn't make yourself??? you just don't have the stones to
man up to that and are trying to bull**** your way past it.

> I *do* want good - if I'm going to put my name on work, I want to make
> sure it doesn't need to be redone in a year or two.
>
> I just don't want to tell someone to buy parts that are 2x the cost that
> they need to be to accomplish that goal.

you're contradicting yourself - they're mutually exclusive. either you
want good or you want cheap. pick one.

> Now, I've searched online and found lots of posts on forums where people
> are bitching about the quality of damn near every brand of front end
> parts, but not saying a whole lot positive.
>
> Is that actually the current state of the aftermarket parts industry?
>
> nate

he said, making no contribution whatsoever and progressing not one iota
from where he would be by not wasting electrons here in the first place.

--
fact check required
Old June 29th 13, 03:37 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/28/2013 10:29 PM, jim beam wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 06:57 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

>>> yeah, but nobody else did. and it took me jamming a stick up your ass
>>> to get you to that point.

>>> wow, that's one incredible mirror you have there brick head.

>>> no, go ****ing answer it yourself - you don't want "good", you just want
>>> cheap. that's easy.

>>> /i/ have nothing to say??? nate, you're just the most incredibly
>>> stupefyingly retarded retard that's ever polluted usenet. apart from
>>> perhaps archimedes plutonium. but at least he was just crazy. and
>>> could do math. and knew how to use google.
>>>

>> OK, I was wrong, you didn't understand the question.

> uh, so who cut through your retard filter to get to the point??? the
> point you couldn't make yourself??? you just don't have the stones to
> man up to that and are trying to bull**** your way past it.
>

>> I *do* want good - if I'm going to put my name on work, I want to make
>> sure it doesn't need to be redone in a year or two.
>>
>> I just don't want to tell someone to buy parts that are 2x the cost that
>> they need to be to accomplish that goal.

> you're contradicting yourself - they're mutually exclusive. either you
> want good or you want cheap. pick one.
>

>> Now, I've searched online and found lots of posts on forums where people
>> are bitching about the quality of damn near every brand of front end
>> parts, but not saying a whole lot positive.
>>
>> Is that actually the current state of the aftermarket parts industry?
>>
>> nate
>>

> he said, making no contribution whatsoever and progressing not one iota
> from where he would be by not wasting electrons here in the first place.

Gawd, you're ****ing clueless.

At this point I wouldn't trust any answer that you'd give anyway even if
you did understand what I was asking, as you clearly haven't a ****ing
clue. You've clearly got issues; go get help, OFFLINE.

Old June 29th 13, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Vic Smith

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 21:06:05 -0400, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

>I did look up f*rd tie rod ends for a 2007, not sure if that is the
>exact year or not, but I know it's a powerstroke 4wd. The F*rd ends
>were ludicrously expensive. She asked if there was a quality
>replacement that wasn't bargain basement, but was more reasonably priced
>than Ford. My response 10 years ago would have been "Moog or TRW" but I
>would like to know if that is still true today, as I've heard
>information to the contrary.
>
>That is what I know at this time. If more information is required to
>properly answer the question, let me know what exact information is
>needed and I will ask for it.

Already told you what brand to use. And it comes from my son, a pro
who does F-250's all the time. So do other guys in his shop.
The shop has an excellent reputation, and besides private customers,
does work for a number of local governments.
The shop currently buys Moog, and nobody's complaining.
If you get specific with the truck, I'll ask him for "tips."
Because I'm a nice guy.
Otherwise, go away about this.

Old June 29th 13, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Geoff Welsh

Nate Nagel wrote:
> Now, I've searched online and found lots of posts on forums where people
> are bitching about the quality of damn near every brand of front end
> parts, but not saying a whole lot positive.
>
> Is that actually the current state of the aftermarket parts industry?
>
> nate

it's the perpetual state of humans on the web or Usenet, or in a sewing
circle, etc.

Obviously if every tie rod end that MOOG (e.g.) made was defective they
wouldn't be in business....but the 99 customers who have no issues go on
about their day, while the one person who had a problem bitches non-stop
forever.

GW
Old June 29th 13, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
jim beam[_4_]

On 06/28/2013 07:37 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 10:29 PM, jim beam wrote:

>>> OK, I was wrong, you didn't understand the question.

>> uh, so who cut through your retard filter to get to the point??? the
>> point you couldn't make yourself??? you just don't have the stones to
>> man up to that and are trying to bull**** your way past it.
>>

>>> I *do* want good - if I'm going to put my name on work, I want to make
>>> sure it doesn't need to be redone in a year or two.
>>>
>>> I just don't want to tell someone to buy parts that are 2x the cost that
>>> they need to be to accomplish that goal.

>> you're contradicting yourself - they're mutually exclusive. either you
>> want good or you want cheap. pick one.
>>

>>> Now, I've searched online and found lots of posts on forums where people
>>> are bitching about the quality of damn near every brand of front end
>>> parts, but not saying a whole lot positive.
>>>
>>> Is that actually the current state of the aftermarket parts industry?
>>>
>>> nate
>>>

>> he said, making no contribution whatsoever and progressing not one iota
>> from where he would be by not wasting electrons here in the first place.
>>

> Gawd, you're ****ing clueless.
>
> At this point I wouldn't trust any answer that you'd give anyway even if
> you did understand what I was asking, as you clearly haven't a ****ing
> clue. You've clearly got issues; go get help, OFFLINE.

yup, there's nothing wrong with the retard that can't ask a simple
question, but the guy that cuts through all the obfuscation, irrelevance
and carp, and calls a spade a spade, has got it all wrong.

--
fact check required
Old June 29th 13, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/28/2013 11:16 PM, Geoff Welsh wrote:
> Nate Nagel wrote:
>> Now, I've searched online and found lots of posts on forums where people
>> are bitching about the quality of damn near every brand of front end
>> parts, but not saying a whole lot positive.
>>
>> Is that actually the current state of the aftermarket parts industry?
>>
>> nate
>>

> it's the perpetual state of humans on the web or Usenet, or in a sewing
> circle, etc.
>
> Obviously if every tie rod end that MOOG (e.g.) made was defective they
> wouldn't be in business....but the 99 customers who have no issues go on
> about their day, while the one person who had a problem bitches non-stop
> forever.
>
> GW

I know what you mean... I remember from some mandatory customer service
training seminar (I know, a lot of stuff said there may be anecdotal,
but I think the point is valid) that someone who's had a bad experience
on average will tell 10x as many people about it as someone who's had a
good experience.

However, I'm having a real hard time finding a positive review of *any*
brand, unlike some other stuff e.g. there seems to be a consistent
pattern of people recommending Timken for wheel bearings.

More worrying is the consistent theme of posts along the lines of "Moog
was good 10 years ago, now it's the same as the Chinese white box parts
in a Moog box at 3x the price."

nate

Old June 29th 13, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/28/2013 11:11 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 21:06:05 -0400, Nate Nagel >
> wrote:
>

>> I did look up f*rd tie rod ends for a 2007, not sure if that is the
>> exact year or not, but I know it's a powerstroke 4wd. The F*rd ends
>> were ludicrously expensive. She asked if there was a quality
>> replacement that wasn't bargain basement, but was more reasonably priced
>> than Ford. My response 10 years ago would have been "Moog or TRW" but I
>> would like to know if that is still true today, as I've heard
>> information to the contrary.
>>
>> That is what I know at this time. If more information is required to
>> properly answer the question, let me know what exact information is
>> needed and I will ask for it.

> Already told you what brand to use. And it comes from my son, a pro
> who does F-250's all the time. So do other guys in his shop.
> The shop has an excellent reputation, and besides private customers,
> does work for a number of local governments.
> The shop currently buys Moog, and nobody's complaining.
> If you get specific with the truck, I'll ask him for "tips."
> Because I'm a nice guy.
> Otherwise, go away about this.

Meh, where did that come from?

that was exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for (although I must
have missed a previous post in all the noise...) The only shops I know
where I'm friendly with the mechanics won't work on anything bigger than
a 1/2 ton truck because they don't have HD lifts, so all the info I'm
working off of is anecdotal/forum posts.

So the stories of Moog going to the ****ter are overblown in your son's
opinion?

nate

Old June 30th 13, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Vic Smith

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 12:29:03 -0400, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

>> Already told you what brand to use. And it comes from my son, a pro
>> who does F-250's all the time. So do other guys in his shop.
>> The shop has an excellent reputation, and besides private customers,
>> does work for a number of local governments.
>> The shop currently buys Moog, and nobody's complaining.
>> If you get specific with the truck, I'll ask him for "tips."
>> Because I'm a nice guy.
>> Otherwise, go away about this.

>Meh, where did that come from?
>
>that was exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for (although I must
>have missed a previous post in all the noise...) The only shops I know
>where I'm friendly with the mechanics won't work on anything bigger than
>a 1/2 ton truck because they don't have HD lifts, so all the info I'm
>working off of is anecdotal/forum posts.
>
>So the stories of Moog going to the ****ter are overblown in your son's
>opinion?
>
>nate

He never heard any such stories about Moog.