good brand of tie rod ends for F-250?

Old June 28th 13, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default good brand of tie rod ends for F-250?

Hi all,

have a friend with a 4WD F-250, not sure of year, she was told she
needed new tie rod ends. Looking for opinions on a quality brand - in
the past I was under the impression that Moog was always good and
reliable but based on some comments on one of the Jeep groups that I
follow it sounds like that may no longer be the case - apparently the
general opinion of the newer Moog ball joints for Jeeps is not good. If
this were your truck and you were planning on keeping it a while what
would you recommend?

thanks,

Nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old June 28th 13, 04:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
jim beam[_4_]

On 06/28/2013 07:55 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> have a friend with a 4WD F-250, not sure of year, she was told she
> needed new tie rod ends. Looking for opinions on a quality brand - in
> the past I was under the impression that Moog was always good and
> reliable but based on some comments on one of the Jeep groups that I
> follow it sounds like that may no longer be the case - apparently the
> general opinion of the newer Moog ball joints for Jeeps is not good. If
> this were your truck and you were planning on keeping it a while what
> would you recommend?
>
> thanks,
>
> Nate

uh, mofoco? like you'd ever consider that as an option? [rhetorical]

--
fact check required
Old June 28th 13, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/28/2013 11:15 AM, jim beam wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 07:55 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> have a friend with a 4WD F-250, not sure of year, she was told she
>> needed new tie rod ends. Looking for opinions on a quality brand - in
>> the past I was under the impression that Moog was always good and
>> reliable but based on some comments on one of the Jeep groups that I
>> follow it sounds like that may no longer be the case - apparently the
>> general opinion of the newer Moog ball joints for Jeeps is not good. If
>> this were your truck and you were planning on keeping it a while what
>> would you recommend?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Nate
>>

> uh, mofoco? like you'd ever consider that as an option? [rhetorical]

You mean FoMoCo? They're $200 apiece just for the parts!

Old June 28th 13, 04:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
jim beam[_4_]

On 06/28/2013 08:24 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 11:15 AM, jim beam wrote:
>> On 06/28/2013 07:55 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> have a friend with a 4WD F-250, not sure of year, she was told she
>>> needed new tie rod ends. Looking for opinions on a quality brand - in
>>> the past I was under the impression that Moog was always good and
>>> reliable but based on some comments on one of the Jeep groups that I
>>> follow it sounds like that may no longer be the case - apparently the
>>> general opinion of the newer Moog ball joints for Jeeps is not good. If
>>> this were your truck and you were planning on keeping it a while what
>>> would you recommend?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Nate
>>>

>> uh, mofoco? like you'd ever consider that as an option? [rhetorical]
>>

> You mean FoMoCo? They're $200 apiece just for the parts!

i have a much better idea - why don't you actually get under the vehicle
and find out if they actually /need/ replacing?

or even, if you're trying to impress a female of whatever species you
might be, why don't you check the other joints of the vehicle because,
you know, sometimes /all/ the freakin' joints are worn if the tie rods are?

or is this simply a jawbone exercise right up there with your trunk
organizer?

--
fact check required
Old June 28th 13, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/28/2013 11:40 AM, jim beam wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 08:24 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

>>> uh, mofoco? like you'd ever consider that as an option? [rhetorical]
>>>

>> You mean FoMoCo? They're $200 apiece just for the parts!
>>

> i have a much better idea - why don't you actually get under the vehicle
> and find out if they actually /need/ replacing?

Because vehicle is an hour's drive away; trying to do my homework before
doing so so we can order parts right away on determining what *is* needed.

> or even, if you're trying to impress a female of whatever species you
> might be, why don't you check the other joints of the vehicle because,
> you know, sometimes /all/ the freakin' joints are worn if the tie rods are?

Um, she's married... you know, some of us actually do interact with
other people and try to help them out because we like them, not because
we want something from them? Not like I'd expect a socially retarded
individual like yourself to understand that.

> or is this simply a jawbone exercise right up there with your trunk
> organizer?

You know, if you're just going to sit there and wait for me to post
something so you have an opportunity to post a rude, unhelpful response,
you could probably find something more productive to do with your time.

Now if anyone has an opinion on good suspension/steering parts brands,
I'd like to hear it!

nate

Old June 28th 13, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Vic Smith

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:55:18 -0400, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>have a friend with a 4WD F-250, not sure of year, she was told she
>needed new tie rod ends. Looking for opinions on a quality brand - in
>the past I was under the impression that Moog was always good and
>reliable but based on some comments on one of the Jeep groups that I
>follow it sounds like that may no longer be the case - apparently the
>general opinion of the newer Moog ball joints for Jeeps is not good. If
>this were your truck and you were planning on keeping it a while what
>would you recommend?
>
>thanks,
>
>Nate

So I called my son, who does F-250 suspensions all the time.
Left a message.
He calls back, and I tell him a guy is asking for advice on 4WD F-250.
Son says "What year?" I look, and the guy hasn't even said what year.
Then my son starts telling me about all the differences. Dana, links
blah, blah, blah. So I cut him short. I don't want to hear the
advice, because I don't know the year. Waste of time.
Then I remembered this isn't the first time this guy asked a question
without required info.
Anyway, could have got more info, but that just ain't happening.
Moog for sure.
Something about not cheaping out and replace the rods too.
And something about a zerk on the passenger side.
But I really quit paying attention early when he said "What year?"

Old June 29th 13, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
jim beam[_4_]

On 06/28/2013 09:06 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 11:40 AM, jim beam wrote:

>>> You mean FoMoCo? They're $200 apiece just for the parts!
>>>

>> i have a much better idea - why don't you actually get under the vehicle
>> and find out if they actually /need/ replacing?

> Because vehicle is an hour's drive away;

so either you're psychic or you're just stooopid because you're
accepting the "diagnosis" of a vested interest.

>trying to do my homework before
> doing so so we can order parts right away on determining what *is* needed.

no you're not because you have absolutely no idea what the problem
actually is. 5 minutes into the vehicle repair world should tell you
that what a vested interest says and the reality have no reliable
relationship whatsoever.

>> or even, if you're trying to impress a female of whatever species you
>> might be, why don't you check the other joints of the vehicle because,
>> you know, sometimes /all/ the freakin' joints are worn if the tie rods
>> are?

> Um, she's married... you know, some of us actually do interact with
> other people and try to help them out because we like them, not because
> we want something from them?

that's your own freudian interpretation, not mine.

> Not like I'd expect a socially retarded
> individual like yourself to understand that.

behold, the psychic retard is barking at the mirror.

>> or is this simply a jawbone exercise right up there with your trunk
>> organizer?
>>

> You know, if you're just going to sit there and wait for me to post
> something so you have an opportunity to post a rude, unhelpful response,
> you could probably find something more productive to do with your time.

you're projecting, retard. i swing by this group twice a day. if
there's anything interesting, maybe i'll throw in my 2¢. maybe i won't.
but what i WILL almost always do is point out bull**** and
stooopidity. hence YOU seem to get my attention all the time. if you
weren't /completely/ retarded, maybe you'd connect the dots on that one.
but i'd not assign a probability higher than 0.000001% of that ever
happening.

> Now if anyone has an opinion on good suspension/steering parts brands,
> I'd like to hear it!

based on my last response to your stooopidly inadequate blathering, you
don't want "good", you just want cheap. and you don't need to waste a
single electron on this group to figure that one out.

--
fact check required
Old June 29th 13, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/28/2013 08:45 PM, jim beam wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 09:06 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

>>> i have a much better idea - why don't you actually get under the vehicle
>>> and find out if they actually /need/ replacing?

>> Because vehicle is an hour's drive away;

> so either you're psychic or you're just stooopid because you're
> accepting the "diagnosis" of a vested interest.
>

>> trying to do my homework before
>> doing so so we can order parts right away on determining what *is*
>> needed.

> no you're not because you have absolutely no idea what the problem
> actually is. 5 minutes into the vehicle repair world should tell you
> that what a vested interest says and the reality have no reliable
> relationship whatsoever.
>

>>> or even, if you're trying to impress a female of whatever species you
>>> might be, why don't you check the other joints of the vehicle because,
>>> you know, sometimes /all/ the freakin' joints are worn if the tie rods
>>> are?

>> Um, she's married... you know, some of us actually do interact with
>> other people and try to help them out because we like them, not because
>> we want something from them?

> that's your own freudian interpretation, not mine.
>

>> Not like I'd expect a socially retarded
>> individual like yourself to understand that.

> behold, the psychic retard is barking at the mirror.
>

>>> or is this simply a jawbone exercise right up there with your trunk
>>> organizer?
>>>

>> You know, if you're just going to sit there and wait for me to post
>> something so you have an opportunity to post a rude, unhelpful response,
>> you could probably find something more productive to do with your time.

> you're projecting, retard. i swing by this group twice a day. if
> there's anything interesting, maybe i'll throw in my 2¢. maybe i won't.
> but what i WILL almost always do is point out bull**** and
> stooopidity. hence YOU seem to get my attention all the time. if you
> weren't /completely/ retarded, maybe you'd connect the dots on that one.
> but i'd not assign a probability higher than 0.000001% of that ever
> happening.
>

>> Now if anyone has an opinion on good suspension/steering parts brands,
>> I'd like to hear it!

> based on my last response to your stooopidly inadequate blathering, you
> don't want "good", you just want cheap. and you don't need to waste a
> single electron on this group to figure that one out.

**** you, you idiot.

Friend called and said truck failed state safety inspection because both
outer tie rod ends had too much play. Wanted to know if I could help.
That's all I know (yet.) I haven't physically seen the truck (yet.)

I did look up f*rd tie rod ends for a 2007, not sure if that is the
exact year or not, but I know it's a powerstroke 4wd. The F*rd ends
were ludicrously expensive. She asked if there was a quality
replacement that wasn't bargain basement, but was more reasonably priced
than Ford. My response 10 years ago would have been "Moog or TRW" but I
would like to know if that is still true today, as I've heard
information to the contrary.

That is what I know at this time. If more information is required to
properly answer the question, let me know what exact information is
needed and I will ask for it. If you are just going to snipe, troll,
and act like an antisocial retard, **** you and **** off.

Old June 29th 13, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
jim beam[_4_]

On 06/28/2013 06:06 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 08:45 PM, jim beam wrote:

>>> Because vehicle is an hour's drive away;

>> so either you're psychic or you're just stooopid because you're
>> accepting the "diagnosis" of a vested interest.
>>

>>> trying to do my homework before
>>> doing so so we can order parts right away on determining what *is*
>>> needed.

>> no you're not because you have absolutely no idea what the problem
>> actually is. 5 minutes into the vehicle repair world should tell you
>> that what a vested interest says and the reality have no reliable
>> relationship whatsoever.

>>> Um, she's married... you know, some of us actually do interact with
>>> other people and try to help them out because we like them, not because
>>> we want something from them?

>> that's your own freudian interpretation, not mine.
>>

>>> Not like I'd expect a socially retarded
>>> individual like yourself to understand that.

>> behold, the psychic retard is barking at the mirror.

>>> You know, if you're just going to sit there and wait for me to post
>>> something so you have an opportunity to post a rude, unhelpful response,
>>> you could probably find something more productive to do with your time.

>> you're projecting, retard. i swing by this group twice a day. if
>> there's anything interesting, maybe i'll throw in my 2¢. maybe i won't.
>> but what i WILL almost always do is point out bull**** and
>> stooopidity. hence YOU seem to get my attention all the time. if you
>> weren't /completely/ retarded, maybe you'd connect the dots on that one.
>> but i'd not assign a probability higher than 0.000001% of that ever
>> happening.
>>

>>> Now if anyone has an opinion on good suspension/steering parts brands,
>>> I'd like to hear it!

>> based on my last response to your stooopidly inadequate blathering, you
>> don't want "good", you just want cheap. and you don't need to waste a
>> single electron on this group to figure that one out.
>>

> **** you, you idiot.
>
> Friend called and said truck failed state safety inspection because both
> outer tie rod ends had too much play. Wanted to know if I could help.
> That's all I know (yet.) I haven't physically seen the truck (yet.)

so stop wasting electrons until you do!

> I did look up f*rd tie rod ends for a 2007, not sure if that is the
> exact year or not, but I know it's a powerstroke 4wd. The F*rd ends
> were ludicrously expensive. She asked if there was a quality
> replacement that wasn't bargain basement, but was more reasonably priced
> than Ford. My response 10 years ago would have been "Moog or TRW" but I
> would like to know if that is still true today, as I've heard
> information to the contrary.

iow, "what is a good low-cost brand for after-market frod tie rods?"
[assuming they're even needed.]

that's one line, easily answered. but you didn't say that. instead,
you blather about "your friend", their sex, jeep, and psychic diagnosis
which are all completely ****ing irrelevant. even more so if you dags.

but to make this torture worse, not only do you not have a filter that
allows you to get to the point on any damned initial question, you're
incapable of getting there even after repeated subsequent cattle-prodding.

conclusion:
you're just unbelievably unspeakably retarded - not for being
stooooopid, but for NOT keeping your stoooooopidity to yourself.

> That is what I know at this time. If more information is required to
> properly answer the question, let me know what exact information is
> needed and I will ask for it.

but you're not even asking the right question, and you're still not
capable of getting there even when you get responses. all you're doing
is wasting electrons.

> If you are just going to snipe, troll,
> and act like an antisocial retard, **** you and **** off.

you need to stick to organizing your trunk. only keep it to yourself -
nobody needs to know that you're clueless about doing it.

--
fact check required
Old June 29th 13, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/28/2013 09:29 PM, jim beam wrote:

> iow, "what is a good low-cost brand for after-market frod tie rods?"
> [assuming they're even needed.]

So you *DO* understand the question, more or less. I wouldn't say "low
cost" but I'm wondering if there's anything under the $200/piece price
point that is acceptable quality. I'm impressed that it only took four
or five posts to get that through your thick skull. Your reading
comprehension skills are improving! You get a gold star for the day.

Unfortunately, you haven't actually *answered* the question.

Even more unfortunately for the rest of us, you persist in responding
even when you have nothing to say.

nate