Id Audi A6 1996 2.6 (2.8) V6

Old February 3rd 12, 12:42 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jens[_2_]

Default Id Audi A6 1996 2.6 (2.8) V6

Hi

My car some times has an idling problem when cold (<0 deg cel).

The engine rev's goes up and down when idleling (500 - 2000 revs) and the
climate system thinks that the engine is hot so it puts the blower on full
speed in order to heat up the cabin.

This tells me that a temperature sensor is malfunctioning which confuses
both the climate system and the engine control unit.

The temperature guage in the instrument does NOT show a hot motor so there
must be a second sensor some where.

Where is this sensor located?

Rgds
Jens

Old February 6th 12, 10:49 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

On Feb 3, 1:42*pm, "Jens" > wrote:
> Hi
>
> My car some times has an idling problem when cold (<0 deg cel).
>
> The engine rev's goes up and down when idleling (500 - 2000 revs) and the
> climate system thinks that the engine is hot so it puts the blower on full
> speed in order to heat up the cabin.
>
> This tells me that a temperature sensor is malfunctioning which confuses
> both the climate system and the engine control unit.
>
> The temperature guage in the instrument does NOT show a hot motor so there
> must be a second sensor some where.
>
> Where is this sensor located?
>
> Rgds
> Jens

given that the NG is semi-dead (not necessarily a bad thing IMHO)
you might try your luck posting to a wider interest group such as
rec.autos.tech

that or, considering the age of the car, invest in a Bentley manual
(it costs around a quid on amazon)
bentley does not cover diesels i think. is this a petrol or a diesel
car?
Old February 9th 12, 03:21 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jens[_2_]

"AD" > wrote in message
On Feb 3, 1:42 pm, "Jens" > wrote:
> Hi
>
> My car some times has an idling problem when cold (<0 deg cel).
>
> The engine rev's goes up and down when idleling (500 - 2000 revs) and the
> climate system thinks that the engine is hot so it puts the blower on full
> speed in order to heat up the cabin.
>
> This tells me that a temperature sensor is malfunctioning which confuses
> both the climate system and the engine control unit.
>
> The temperature guage in the instrument does NOT show a hot motor so there
> must be a second sensor some where.
>
> Where is this sensor located?
>
> Rgds
> Jens

given that the NG is semi-dead (not necessarily a bad thing IMHO)
you might try your luck posting to a wider interest group such as
rec.autos.tech

that or, considering the age of the car, invest in a Bentley manual
(it costs around a quid on amazon)
bentley does not cover diesels i think. is this a petrol or a diesel
car?

Its petrol.

I try the NG you suggest.

/Jens
I try

Audi Front hub A6 1996 Donk[_2_] Audi 2 June 7th 09 02:56 PM
Audi A6 1996/7 Autobox question. Nev Arthur Audi 0 February 25th 05 10:41 AM
1996 Audi A6 Quattro For Sale NJM1 Audi 0 February 17th 05 04:37 PM
Audi A4 TDi, 1996 del Audi 3 December 9th 04 12:05 PM
vend audi A8 tiptronic 1996 Pothée Frédéric Audi 0 November 17th 04 01:26 PM