Is this as fast as a Miata?

Old December 4th 10, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

Default Is this as fast as a Miata?

On 12/2/2010 11:04 PM, XS11E wrote:
> "Chris > wrote:
>
>> Question is, can you hear the radio or are you outrunning those
>> sound waves too? Or, are the sound waves being generated at 1050
>> mph at their inception and being propelled faster than that, in
>> the forward direction, causing them (theoretically) to be heard?
>> Chew on that one! Inquiring minds want to know.

> Earphones!

Good Question!

The driver, radio, speakers, and air inside the cabin are all going
(hopefully anyway) the same speed. What do you think?

Or, if you happen to be in the cockpit of a fighter that is supersonic,
things quiet down. You can hear the earphones with no problems.
Remember the Concord? You could speak to another passenger in the cabin.

Something about Einstein may come into play.
Old December 5th 10, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Chuck > wrote:

> On 12/2/2010 11:04 PM, XS11E wrote:
>> "Chris > wrote:
>>
>>> Question is, can you hear the radio or are you outrunning those
>>> sound waves too? Or, are the sound waves being generated at 1050
>>> mph at their inception and being propelled faster than that, in
>>> the forward direction, causing them (theoretically) to be heard?
>>> Chew on that one! Inquiring minds want to know.

>> Earphones!
>>

> Good Question!
>
> The driver, radio, speakers, and air inside the cabin are all
> going (hopefully anyway) the same speed. What do you think?
>
> Or, if you happen to be in the cockpit of a fighter that is
> supersonic, things quiet down. You can hear the earphones with no
> problems. Remember the Concord? You could speak to another
> passenger in the cabin.
>
> Something about Einstein may come into play.

Earphones will work if the Miata is white because the photon flow is
smoother, I wish Leon were here to explain it to us....

NOTE: Has anyone heard from Leon in the last year or so????

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old December 11th 10, 04:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> Chuck > wrote:

>>> Earphones!
>>>

>> Good Question!
>>
>> The driver, radio, speakers, and air inside the cabin are all
>> going (hopefully anyway) the same speed. What do you think?
>>
>> Or, if you happen to be in the cockpit of a fighter that is
>> supersonic, things quiet down. You can hear the earphones with no
>> problems. Remember the Concord? You could speak to another
>> passenger in the cabin.
>>
>> Something about Einstein may come into play.

> Earphones will work if the Miata is white because the photon flow is
> smoother, I wish Leon were here to explain it to us....
>

> NOTE: Has anyone heard from Leon in the last year or so????

> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

Let him go for goodness sake, he's history ;-)

Chris
99BBB