a different antenna issue

Old September 2nd 10, 11:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

Default a different antenna issue

On 28.8.2010. 21:36, peter wrote:

> any suggestion on how to get the chrome collar to hold tight?

I'm gonna take the antenna out completely. and weld shut that hole.

"Gordon Murray doesn't listen to the radio."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Azl-drqMk (09:00)
Old September 2nd 10, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:

> I'm gonna take the antenna out completely. and weld shut that hole.
>
> "Gordon Murray doesn't listen to the radio."
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Azl-drqMk (09:00)

Why is there no discussion of fuel economy? <GD&R>

I DO listen to the radio so I'm not going to get one of those! <G>

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 3rd 10, 05:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

On 9/2/2010 3:34 PM, XS11E wrote:
> Domagoj > wrote:
>
>> I'm gonna take the antenna out completely. and weld shut that hole.
>>
>> "Gordon Murray doesn't listen to the radio."
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Azl-drqMk (09:00)

> Why is there no discussion of fuel economy?<GD&R>
>
> I DO listen to the radio so I'm not going to get one of those!<G>

Without the antenna, you can always resort to:
Putting a satellite radio adapter in.
Or, using the old commuters ghetto solution, hang a pocket radio from
the mirror. <G>

By the way, with a little ingenuity, a radio antenna can be integrated
into the soft top above the rear window. If you have a heated rear glass
window, it's even possible to use the heating element as an antenna. GM
did this on a heck of a lot of cars.
Old September 3rd 10, 12:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Domagoj Bagaric" > wrote in message
> On 28.8.2010. 21:36, peter wrote:
>
>> any suggestion on how to get the chrome collar to hold tight?

> I'm gonna take the antenna out completely. and weld shut that hole.
>
> "Gordon Murray doesn't listen to the radio."
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Azl-drqMk (09:00)

LOL! That was great stuff Domago! Long live Gordon Brown's vision!
Chris
99BBB

Old September 3rd 10, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

On 3.9.2010. 6:49, Chuck wrote:

> By the way, with a little ingenuity, a radio antenna can be integrated
> into the soft top above the rear window. If you have a heated rear glass
> window, it's even possible to use the heating element as an antenna. GM
> did this on a heck of a lot of cars.

that's still alot of wires (dead weight).

I'm gonna put the antenna along the vertical pillar (passenger side) of
the front window
Old September 3rd 10, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

On 3.9.2010. 13:45, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> LOL! That was great stuff Domago! Long live Gordon Brown's vision!

I'd trash that f1 up and down the streets all day long
Old September 3rd 10, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Airport Shuttle[_5_]

Buy a new antenna. Time is money.

--
Airport Shuttle

'' (http://www.yourcityride.com)
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

Old September 4th 10, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Domagoj Bagaric" > wrote in message
> On 3.9.2010. 13:45, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>
>> LOL! That was great stuff Domago! Long live Gordon Brown's vision!

> I'd trash that f1 up and down the streets all day long

THRASH, not trash! ;-) I'm with you man! I just love the idea of the center
mounted seat and everything. Thoroughly thought out car!

Later,
cd
99BBB

Old September 8th 10, 11:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

On Sep 3, 12:49*am, Chuck > wrote:
> On 9/2/2010 3:34 PM, XS11E wrote:> Domagoj > *wrote:
>
> >> I'm gonna take the antenna out completely. and weld shut that hole.

> >> "Gordon Murray doesn't listen to the radio."
> >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Azl-drqMk(09:00)

> > Why is there no discussion of fuel economy?<GD&R>

> > I DO listen to the radio so I'm not going to get one of those!<G>

> Without the antenna, you can always resort to:
> Putting a satellite radio adapter in.
> Or, using the old commuters ghetto solution, hang a pocket radio from
> the mirror. <G>

thanks but, ahh no
if i did that a "fart can" could not be too far away

> By the way, with a little ingenuity, a radio antenna can be integrated
> into the soft top above the rear window. If you have a heated rear glass
> window, it's even possible to use the heating element as an antenna. GM
> did this on a heck of a lot of cars.

now this is a thought i will remeber
Old September 8th 10, 11:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

On Aug 28, 3:36*pm, peter > wrote:
> hi,

i got ****y and used jb weld. the mast is a bit wobbly but......

Which Antenna to use? [email protected] BMW 4 March 27th 07 02:53 PM
02 Golf Antenna issue Zeke VW water cooled 0 January 30th 07 08:01 PM
Radio antenna issue-95 civic BILLKPGH Honda 2 April 26th 06 08:01 AM
CB Antenna??? FrankW Jeep 14 June 20th 05 06:35 AM
antenna on A4 JJ Audi 2 June 27th 04 09:36 PM