What's going on with used values?

Old March 24th 10, 03:50 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Default What's going on with used values?

Started to have thoughts about replacing the 'wagon with something else.

Looked towards the 159 and GT....

But it appears that residuals are almost BMW-matching these days!

The world has gone mad.

--
SteveH
Old March 25th 10, 04:22 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> Started to have thoughts about replacing the 'wagon with something else.
>
> Looked towards the 159 and GT....
>
> But it appears that residuals are almost BMW-matching these days!
>
> The world has gone mad.

I spotted this recently too on the 2nd hand 159 front - I can only assume
its a supply and demand problem. There don't seem to be many 159s around, so
their prices are therefore higher. Perhaps its because Alfa have closed all
their dealerships, so people aren't buying alfas any more, so there are
fewer second hand ones, so the prices get pushed up.

Also, I think people now realise that alfa's don't fall apart and turn to
oxide at the first sight of rain anymore. The electrics even work on most
models!

Old March 25th 10, 08:00 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:22:03 -0000, "GT"
> wrote:

>Also, I think people now realise that alfa's don't fall apart

Mine did..at 7 years old. If we're talking suspension then it started
sounding like it was falling to bits from quite new.

> and turn to oxide at the first sight of rain anymore.

Mine did just outside the warranty. My local indy said the rust was
quite bad which was highly worrying given the ancient rubbish he
normally gets to service!

> The electrics even work on most models!

Sometimes you don't notice they've failed. On mine, the lamp failure
indicator didn't work. On the whole, electrically, it was good though.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old March 25th 10, 09:05 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Gt spoke:
> Also, I think people now realise that alfa's don't fall apart and turn to
> oxide at the first sight of rain anymore. The electrics even work on most
> models!

This very day I was thinking that my old 164 V6 was the only car I've had
which had never seen the back of a recovery truck.

Electrics weren't *too* bad - but with - count 'em - 126 buttons to play
with, some of the electrics went a bit iffy - mainly the electric rear seat
controls and some of the aircon, which was a known issue, parts (stepper
motor) around £40, labour around £400.

Oh, and the passenger door mechanism went AWOL for a while.

But overall not bad for a motor bought with 50k on it, and chopped in > 3
yrs later with around 150k on it, with in it's later year a cavalier
attitude to servicing.

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

CW values for the NC Bruno Mazda 12 May 8th 08 05:22 AM
Fuel Consomption from OBD-II values Chris[_6_] Honda 5 October 9th 06 01:02 AM
Car Values Bill Berckman VW air cooled 35 August 12th 05 03:45 AM
Odyssey Values? [email protected] Honda 1 February 21st 05 07:07 PM
I dont get the c3 vs c4 values Ralph Corvette 70 November 25th 04 11:03 AM