Door mirrors

Old September 22nd 09, 04:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

Default Door mirrors

Both my door mirror mounts have completely shed their 'black' now. My old
Fiat Marea did this too. I'm not too bothered about it as the resulting
bauxite (corroded aluminium) looks like chrome from a distance! Should I be
concerned? Are the mirrors likely to fall off?!?

Old September 22nd 09, 06:05 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> Both my door mirror mounts have completely shed their 'black' now. My old
> Fiat Marea did this too. I'm not too bothered about it as the resulting
> bauxite (corroded aluminium) looks like chrome from a distance! Should I be
> concerned? Are the mirrors likely to fall off?!?

No, HTH

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old September 22nd 09, 06:15 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>> Both my door mirror mounts have completely shed their 'black' now. My old
>> Fiat Marea did this too. I'm not too bothered about it as the resulting
>> bauxite (corroded aluminium) looks like chrome from a distance! Should I
>> be concerned? Are the mirrors likely to fall off?!?

> No, HTH

About what I thought. Just thought I would check!

Old September 22nd 09, 09:08 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> Both my door mirror mounts have completely shed their 'black' now. My old
>>> Fiat Marea did this too. I'm not too bothered about it as the resulting
>>> bauxite (corroded aluminium) looks like chrome from a distance! Should I
>>> be concerned? Are the mirrors likely to fall off?!?

>> No, HTH

> About what I thought. Just thought I would check!

I got one cheap on ebay. £35 IIRC. I only bought it cos of the temp
sensor though, the aircon stops working without.

E36 Door Mirrors Mike Dyer BMW 2 August 17th 08 05:40 PM
bug mirrors [email protected] VW air cooled 3 March 30th 07 03:26 AM
AWA [OFFER] Dodge Caravan Door Mirrors 00-04 [email protected] General 0 May 26th 06 10:51 PM
2001 Jetta Power Door Mirrors Christopher Pye VW water cooled 0 May 15th 06 01:00 AM
95 chrysler cirrus pwr mirrors and door locks witman Chrysler 0 November 23rd 05 01:18 AM