Need help identifying grille

Old August 15th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

Default Need help identifying grille

I was cleaning out the loft of my garage and ran across an old
automobile grille. I believe it is an early '30s Chevy grille, but I
can't pin it down any better than that. If any of you experts can ID
it based on the photos at http://picasaweb.google.com/Bruceman...entifiedGrille
I would be most grateful. (Yes, I'm thinking of selling it. Likely via
eBay, as I'm not familiar with antique auto parts supply lines.)
Thanks,
Bruce
Old August 16th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny[_2_]

I'm pretty sure it's a1934 Grill but it might be a 1935. They look
very similar and may even be the same but I'm not an expert on those
cars. I think the '35 is a little narrower than the '34.

1934 grill
http://www.autogallery.org.ru/k/ca/3...DavePowers.jpg
1935 grill
http://www.autogallery.org.ru/k/c/35...deluxe_DOW.jpg

Forrest
Old August 16th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny[_2_]

I was trying to find a better picture of a 1935 grill. It's a tough
call but it looks to me like the '35 is a little more rounded at the
bottom than your grill and the one in 1934 photo. Judge for yourself.
I'm more convinced that yours is a '34 after seeing more photos of a
'35.

1935 grill
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Im...ach_KAU186.jpg

another 1935 grill http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1117...53730875zRtkzS

and yet another http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1117...53730875ADegDv

Forrest
Old August 16th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

On Aug 16, 3:13*pm, Otto Skorzeny > wrote:
> I was trying to find a better picture of a 1935 grill. It's a tough
> call but it looks to me like the '35 is a little more rounded at the
> bottom than your grill and the one in 1934 photo. Judge for yourself.
> I'm more convinced that yours is a '34 after seeing more photos of a
> '35.
>
> * 1935 grillhttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:1935_Chevrolet_Standard_EC_Co...
>
> * *another 1935 grill * * * * * *http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1117...53730875zRtkzS
>
> * and yet another * * * * * * *http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1117...53730875ADegDv
>
> Forrest

Forrest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out. I had also
thought a '34, though I hadn't seen the '35 example you had found. I'm
going to put it up on eBay and see what it gets.

Thanks again,
Bruce