just bought 156 on ebay

Old May 7th 06, 10:16 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default just bought 156 on ebay

R D S > wrote:

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> >R D S > wrote:
> >
> >> I have just bought this and im mildly excited!
> >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4636244067
> >>
> >> However, before buying an Alfa 156 I went on confused.com and decided
> >> insurance would be about 500 quid per year.
> >> Now I have the reg number it is coming out at 1100 quid, is it because
> >> this
> >> is a Veloce model? Are they that much more expensive to insure?

> > As Pete says, it's not a Veloce. It's a Lusso. Can't see why it would be
> > that pricey to insure, my wife insures hers for £250 / year.
> >
> > You got a cracker there - I looked at it myself, but it was more than I
> > wanted to spend ;-)

> What is that link where you can check what a car is from its reg?
> It comes up as a Veloce on the car insurance site.

http://www.rac.co.uk/web/carbuying/vehicle_data_search/

Shows it as a Lusso.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 7th 06, 10:22 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

R D S wrote:

> The auction says Lusso, the insurance site details it as a Veloce when I
> type the reg in, but double!

A Veloce 2.0TS and Lusso 2.0TS should both be the same insurance group
(14) at least according to Parkers.

A 2.0JTS is group 16 the same as the 2.5 V6 but even then nothing like
double the amount. Plus I recall the JTS was launched with interior
update in 2002, which yours isn't.

FWIW I pay less than £500 for the V6 156 Veloce but I maybe a bit older
than you

Cheers
Tony
Old May 7th 06, 10:23 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"SteveH" > wrote in message
>R D S > wrote:

>> > As Pete says, it's not a Veloce. It's a Lusso. Can't see why it would
>> > be
>> > that pricey to insure, my wife insures hers for £250 / year.
>> >
>> > You got a cracker there - I looked at it myself, but it was more than I
>> > wanted to spend ;-)

>> What is that link where you can check what a car is from its reg?
>> It comes up as a Veloce on the car insurance site.

> http://www.rac.co.uk/web/carbuying/vehicle_data_search/
>
> Shows it as a Lusso.

Indeed it does, that is odd.

Beautiful though innit, cant wait to put the dog on the back seat and fill
it full of McD's wrappers

Old May 7th 06, 10:25 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
. uk...
>R D S wrote:
>
>> The auction says Lusso, the insurance site details it as a Veloce when I
>> type the reg in, but double!

> A Veloce 2.0TS and Lusso 2.0TS should both be the same insurance group
> (14) at least according to Parkers.
>
> A 2.0JTS is group 16 the same as the 2.5 V6 but even then nothing like
> double the amount. Plus I recall the JTS was launched with interior update
> in 2002, which yours isn't.
>
> FWIW I pay less than £500 for the V6 156 Veloce but I maybe a bit older
> than you

How old are you?

Old May 7th 06, 11:14 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

R D S wrote:
> "Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
> . uk...
>> R D S wrote:
>>
>>> The auction says Lusso, the insurance site details it as a Veloce when I
>>> type the reg in, but double!

>> A Veloce 2.0TS and Lusso 2.0TS should both be the same insurance group
>> (14) at least according to Parkers.
>>
>> A 2.0JTS is group 16 the same as the 2.5 V6 but even then nothing like
>> double the amount. Plus I recall the JTS was launched with interior update
>> in 2002, which yours isn't.
>>
>> FWIW I pay less than £500 for the V6 156 Veloce but I maybe a bit older
>> than you
>>

> How old are you?

43, full no claims, 6 points at last renewal (should be 0 next time!)
Old May 8th 06, 05:16 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
. uk...
>R D S wrote:
>> "Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
>> . uk...

>>> A Veloce 2.0TS and Lusso 2.0TS should both be the same insurance group
>>> (14) at least according to Parkers.
>>>
>>> A 2.0JTS is group 16 the same as the 2.5 V6 but even then nothing like
>>> double the amount. Plus I recall the JTS was launched with interior
>>> update in 2002, which yours isn't.
>>>
>>> FWIW I pay less than £500 for the V6 156 Veloce but I maybe a bit older
>>> than you
>>>

>> How old are you?

> 43, full no claims, 6 points at last renewal (should be 0 next time!)

Im 33 with full no claims,
I tried Confused again this morning, it was back around £500, some of the
auto thingies must not operate Sun nights.
Panic over.

Old May 8th 06, 09:07 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

> Now I have the reg number it is coming out at 1100 quid, is it because
> this
> is a Veloce model?

I can see the reg number from the e-bay photo - why didn't you use that?

Old May 8th 06, 11:42 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"Domestos" > wrote in message

>> Now I have the reg number it is coming out at 1100 quid, is it because
>> this
>> is a Veloce model?

> I can see the reg number from the e-bay photo - why didn't you use that?

I did, have you missed something?

FS: Hard top and 4.2 head in VA/DC/MD on ebay Simon Juncal Jeep 1 February 26th 06 11:42 PM
Buying an E30 on eBay BMWE30 BMW 4 February 6th 06 02:33 AM
2000 Exployer Freeze/drain plug location... Hank Technology 11 December 13th 05 11:42 AM
Wish fulfillment: Just bought a 2000 Z3 Roadster (long) B. Sanders BMW 1 October 22nd 04 07:48 PM