How long can a popping CV joint last?

Old January 5th 18, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
The Real Bev[_5_]

Default How long can a popping CV joint last?

On 01/05/2018 08:17 AM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> The Real Bev wrote:
>>>
>>> Asphalt roofing shingles work pretty well.

>> The homeowner probably would have complained.

> They don't even notice until spring. It's a different story when you
> take tiles from a Spanish tile roof to make planters.

The *******s cement them in now.

I was shocked to discover that the function of the tiles is to protect
the tarpaper beneath, which is what keeps the roof waterproof and which
rats apparently regard as gourmet fare. I question this story -- at
least on newer houses a layer of plywood (presumably exterior) is
required, which would seem to be waterproof in itself.

--
Cheers, Bev
VISE GRIPS (VYS'-gripz) [n] A tool used to transfer intense
Old January 5th 18, 06:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 10:45:26 AM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 01/05/2018 08:18 AM, wrote:
> > On Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 11:31:40 PM UTC-6, The Real Bev
> > wrote:

> > Apshalt? Hurricane Katrina blew ten asphalt roof shingles off of the
> > top of my house, and three trees down/across my street, and millions
> > of some kind of strange looking insects into town, a lot of peoples'
> > cars grills were covered with those insects, people escaping from
> > Hurricane Katrina. Big old pecan tree in my front yard, the trunk of
> > that tree was 'dancing' like mad. I live 140 miles North of the Gulf
> > Coast. My Australian Blue Heeler doggy, she slept completely through
> > that Hurricane.

> Smart dog. She knew she couldn't do anything about it, so why not nap?
> Any chance you got her from a guy named Jay in New Orleans? He's a
> breeder who used to post into one of the Mozilla groups.
>
> --
> Cheers, Bev
> VISE GRIPS (VYS'-gripz) [n] A tool used to transfer intense
> welding heat to the palm of the welder's hand. -- DS

I bought Blueberry (Doggy) when she was eight weeks old, from a guy and his wife in a small city five miles West of me. They live near the Natchez Trace.