Scanner for car.

Old December 14th 17, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Scanner for car.

A friend in Philly said he bought a scanner for his car. All cars made after 1996 by law are required to have the connector. Two cost $88.00, free S & H. It will warn you of any problems and connect to your phone via Bluetooth. Gives the severity of the problem and estimates of the repair cost from the Car Mechanics website. He said he is pretty sure he got ripped off by AAMCO. He said The scanner is the same as used by all auto shops.
Old December 14th 17, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

In article >,
> wrote:
>A friend in Philly said he bought a scanner for his car. All cars made afte=
>r 1996 by law are required to have the connector. Two cost $88.00, free S =
>& H. It will warn you of any problems and connect to your phone via Bluetoo=
>th. Gives the severity of the problem and estimates of the repair cost from=
> the Car Mechanics website. He said he is pretty sure he got ripped off by =
>AAMCO. He said The scanner is the same as used by all auto shops.

I can't even begin to explain how wrong this is.
--scott
Old December 14th 17, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 12:15:22 PM UTC-6, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
> >A friend in Philly said he bought a scanner for his car. All cars made afte=
> >r 1996 by law are required to have the connector. Two cost $88.00, free S =
> >& H. It will warn you of any problems and connect to your phone via Bluetoo=
> >th. Gives the severity of the problem and estimates of the repair cost from=
> > the Car Mechanics website. He said he is pretty sure he got ripped off by =
> >AAMCO. He said The scanner is the same as used by all auto shops.

> I can't even begin to explain how wrong this is.
> --scott

All I did was say what he said to me this morning in an email to me. Other than that, I don't know.
Old December 15th 17, 03:28 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hank Rogers

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
>> A friend in Philly said he bought a scanner for his car. All cars made afte=
>> r 1996 by law are required to have the connector. Two cost $88.00, free S =
>> & H. It will warn you of any problems and connect to your phone via Bluetoo=
>> th. Gives the severity of the problem and estimates of the repair cost from=
>> the Car Mechanics website. He said he is pretty sure he got ripped off by =
>> AAMCO. He said The scanner is the same as used by all auto shops.

> I can't even begin to explain how wrong this is.
> --scott

What, You don't believe AAMCO ripped somebody off?

Old December 15th 17, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 8:28:27 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Scott Dorsey wrote:
> > In article >,
> > > wrote:
> >> A friend in Philly said he bought a scanner for his car. All cars made afte=
> >> r 1996 by law are required to have the connector. Two cost $88.00, free S =
> >> & H. It will warn you of any problems and connect to your phone via Bluetoo=
> >> th. Gives the severity of the problem and estimates of the repair cost from=
> >> the Car Mechanics website. He said he is pretty sure he got ripped off by =
> >> AAMCO. He said The scanner is the same as used by all auto shops.

> > I can't even begin to explain how wrong this is.
> > --scott
> >

> What, You don't believe AAMCO ripped somebody off?

I wouldn't doubt. That guy in Philly was born in 1941, in Ojieck, Croatia. Hitler had some of his family people murdered. He was in a prison camp in Austria. Later on he and his sister and mom and dad immigrated to America. He is/was a computer tech and a beta tester. He retired from a Fire-Rescue unit in Philly. He lives on Scattergood Street in Philly. Do I believe him about his auto scanners and AAMCO? YES, I Do!

OSD 11 Scanner? Denny B Technology 4 June 11th 08 12:25 AM
BMW-Scanner Fritz BMW 0 February 27th 06 10:07 PM
Which OBD-II scanner to buy? Drago Technology 9 August 9th 05 10:31 PM