Kumho tires

Old December 10th 17, 04:09 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Kumho tires

I bought new about eight years ago for my 1983 Dodge B250 van. I had the van in storage for almost two years. Last week when I drove the van I heard a humming noise. I only drove the van about 2,240 miles since I had the new tires. Would the age of the tires cause the humming noise?
Old December 10th 17, 01:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

In article >,
> wrote:
>I bought new about eight years ago for my 1983 Dodge B250 van. I had the va=
>n in storage for almost two years. Last week when I drove the van I heard a=
> humming noise. I only drove the van about 2,240 miles since I had the new =
>tires. Would the age of the tires cause the humming noise?

If they are eight years old, I'd suspect dry rot. Tires are wear items.
Inspect them carefully and see.
--scott
Old December 10th 17, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I am thinking a new set of Cooper (model) Trendsetter SE tires. Or what do you reccomend for new tires for my van that aren't too expensive? I am a slow careful driver,I don't get on the Interstates unless I have to. A tire store ( www.49tire.com ) near me advertizes them for sale for $86.99 each tire. I saw the same tires for sale at Walmart online for about $58.00 per tire, I think.
Old December 10th 17, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

In article >,
> wrote:
>I am thinking a new set of Cooper (model) Trendsetter SE tires. Or what do =
>you reccomend for new tires for my van that aren't too expensive? I am a sl=
>ow careful driver,I don't get on the Interstates unless I have to. A tire s=
>tore ( www.49tire.com ) near me advertizes them for sale for $86.99 each =
>tire. I saw the same tires for sale at Walmart online for about $58.00 per =
>tire, I think.

Be aware that the Walmart tires sometimes look like regular name-brand
tires but if you check the sidewall numbers you find they are specially
made by that brand just for Walmart.

This probably doesn't matter to you... if you're driving so little that
your tires are dry-rotting before they wear out, and you're not going on
the highway or driving twisty country roads, you may well be fine with just
buying the cheapest possible tires.
--scott
Old December 11th 17, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Just make sure the tires you get are stamped with the prefix 'LT'(light truck) for that van, not 'P'(passenger). I personally know somebody who runs P- tires on his custom 1990 Econoline van, and warned him likewise.
Old December 11th 17, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 8:39:22 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> Just make sure the tires you get are stamped with the prefix 'LT'(light truck) for that van, not 'P'(passenger). I personally know somebody who runs P- tires on his custom 1990 Econoline van, and warned him likewise.

My sister and brother in law are Sam's club members. He has Goodyear tires on his pickup truck. He said he bought them at Sam's. Maybe he will go with me to Sam's and I will pay him back the money for the tires. I suppose he saved money by buying his tires at Sam's.
Old December 14th 17, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 8:50:04 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 8:39:22 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > Just make sure the tires you get are stamped with the prefix 'LT'(light truck) for that van, not 'P'(passenger). I personally know somebody who runs P- tires on his custom 1990 Econoline van, and warned him likewise.

> My sister and brother in law are Sam's club members. He has Goodyear tires on his pickup truck. He said he bought them at Sam's. Maybe he will go with me to Sam's and I will pay him back the money for the tires. I suppose he saved money by buying his tires at Sam's.

This afternoon I bought four new Cooper Trendsetter SE tires for my old 1983 Dodge van. It made a LOT of difference. Now my van runs smoother and quieter and handles better. Total price was $453.32. From now on it is Cooper tires for me.

anyone tried new Kumho's? Sammy Technology 2 July 29th 07 06:43 PM
Anyone get their rebates from Kumho? [email protected] Technology 1 July 2nd 07 07:54 AM
Kumho tires? Frank_v7.0 Jeep 14 March 29th 07 06:26 AM
New tires: Kumho or Cooper? JP[_2_] Technology 3 August 21st 06 09:35 PM
KUMHO 825 AT TYRES/TIRES Marcus 4x4 2 December 20th 04 07:35 PM