removing the thermostat

Old September 21st 17, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Xeno

Default removing the thermostat

On 22/09/2017 6:52 AM, . wrote:
> On 9/21/2017 3:21 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 10:04:12 AM UTC-10, . wrote:
>>>
>>> Are you vision impaired. Ever seen a bypass hose?
>>> http://www.hotrodders.com/gallery/da...7/IMG_7051.JPG
>>>
>>> The heat exchanger in a vehicle (w/o shutoff) generally
>>> provides the same function as the classic bypass system.

>> I don't believe that's what we're talking about.

> Then you don't understand the function of a bypass
> system or even heater core flow.
>
>> My guess is that engines that use a bypass thermostat won't have an
>> additional bypass hose.

> Provide SOMETHING to support your "guess".
>
>> My eyes are just fine. How's your eyes? It appears that you weren't
>> able to read or comprehend my post. If you can find anything in it
>> that is untrue please let me know. You won't because I have a crack
>> legal team reading everything I post.

> How unfortunate that none are engineers, know anything
> regarding applied mechanics and certainly don't have
> the first clue about fluid mechanics.
>
> You truly sound beyond hope.

You may have some understanding of fluid mechanics but what we're
dealing with here is a specific application of those principles you
don't seem to be able to comprehend. I know from my 50 years of
experience in the automotive industry exactly what can happen if the
issue of the bypass port is ignored when replacing thermostats. I have
made significant sums of money from those people who don't understand
the significance of that little port and overheat their engines as a
direct consequence. You just go on, in your ignorance, proving the old
adage that *a little knowledge is a dangerous thing*.

--

Xeno
Old September 21st 17, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Xeno

On 22/09/2017 7:36 AM, . wrote:
> On 9/21/2017 4:20 PM, Xeno wrote:

>>> It sounds like you're saying that the path through the engine block
>>> is more restrictive than the path through the radiator and the engine
>>> block. How does that work?
>>>

>> It doesn't follow logic. The block path is *short*.

> So if a tiny hole is put into a thin, otherwise blind
> plate blocking flow, then there's little restriction
> due to the minimal thickness?
>
> Give it up, you clearly don't even understand fundamentals.

I understand the practical applications very well. So did the engineers
who designed them. You, on the other hand, not so much.

--

Xeno
Old September 21st 17, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
.[_2_]

On 9/21/2017 4:51 PM, Xeno wrote:
> On 22/09/2017 6:52 AM, . wrote:

>>> I don't believe that's what we're talking about.

>> Then you don't understand the function of a bypass
>> system or even heater core flow.
>>
>>> My guess is that engines that use a bypass thermostat won't have an
>>> additional bypass hose.

>> Provide SOMETHING to support your "guess".
>>
>>> My eyes are just fine. How's your eyes? It appears that you weren't
>>> able to read or comprehend my post. If you can find anything in it
>>> that is untrue please let me know. You won't because I have a crack
>>> legal team reading everything I post.

>> How unfortunate that none are engineers, know anything
>> regarding applied mechanics and certainly don't have
>> the first clue about fluid mechanics.
>>
>> You truly sound beyond hope.

> You may have some understanding of fluid mechanics but what we're
> dealing with here is a specific application of those principles you
> don't seem to be able to comprehend. I know from my 50 years of
> experience in the automotive industry exactly what can happen if the
> issue of the bypass port is ignored when replacing thermostats. I have
> made significant sums of money from those people who don't understand
> the significance of that little port and overheat their engines as a
> direct consequence. You just go on, in your ignorance, proving the old
> adage that *a little knowledge is a dangerous thing*.

You couldn't begin to get my briefcase off of the ground
with a gantry crane, junior.
Old September 21st 17, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
.[_2_]

On 9/21/2017 4:53 PM, Xeno wrote:
> On 22/09/2017 7:36 AM, . wrote:

>>> It doesn't follow logic. The block path is *short*.

>> So if a tiny hole is put into a thin, otherwise blind
>> plate blocking flow, then there's little restriction
>> due to the minimal thickness?
>>
>> Give it up, you clearly don't even understand fundamentals.

> I understand the practical applications very well. So did the engineers
> who designed them. You, on the other hand, not so much.

I AM an engineer, poseur. Among the many, the fluid
mechanics comment alone should have provided you a
clue. Then again, you likely didn't finish high
school, if you ever attended.
Old September 21st 17, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 10:52:18 AM UTC-10, . wrote:

> How unfortunate that none are engineers, know anything
> regarding applied mechanics and certainly don't have
> the first clue about fluid mechanics.
>
> You truly sound beyond hope.

Are you saying that automobile engines have two radiator bypass route? One external and one internal? Are you sure of this?

OTOH, don't bother with responding. My crack team of legal professionals have advised me that, if you cannot produce any evidence that I have misrepresented, misspoke, or lied, about anything in my post, I should not respond to your ranting. Sorry but I have to listen to their expert opinion and anyway, I don't want to be led through your fantasy wonderland on your leash.
Old September 21st 17, 11:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Xeno

On 22/09/2017 8:00 AM, . wrote:
> On 9/21/2017 4:53 PM, Xeno wrote:

>>> So if a tiny hole is put into a thin, otherwise blind
>>> plate blocking flow, then there's little restriction
>>> due to the minimal thickness?
>>>
>>> Give it up, you clearly don't even understand fundamentals.

>> I understand the practical applications very well. So did the
>> engineers who designed them. You, on the other hand, not so much.

> I AM an engineer, poseur. Among the many,

I'd already figured that much. There are lots of engineer poseurs out
there, just as you say.

> the fluid mechanics comment alone should have provided you a clue.

It alerted me to the fact that you were a poseur, yes, since it was
quite apparent you couldn't envisage a practical application of fluid
mechanics.

> Then again, you likely didn't finish high school, if you ever attended.

High school, Technical College x 2, University x 3. In that order.
Now retired

Your point is?

BTW, the exit door is over there ------>

Try not to trip over your ego on the way out.

--

Xeno
Old September 21st 17, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
.[_2_]

On 9/21/2017 5:22 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 10:52:18 AM UTC-10, . wrote:
>>
>> How unfortunate that none are engineers, know anything
>> regarding applied mechanics and certainly don't have
>> the first clue about fluid mechanics.
>>
>> You truly sound beyond hope.

> Are you saying that automobile engines have two radiator bypass route? One external and one internal? Are you sure of this?
>
> OTOH, don't bother with responding. My crack team of legal professionals have advised me that, if you cannot produce any evidence that I have misrepresented, misspoke, or lied, about anything in my post, I should not respond to your ranting. Sorry but I have to listen to their expert opinion and anyway, I don't want to be led through your fantasy wonderland on your leash.

You require legal representation or at least assistance
for reading and writing usenet posts?

Despite what I suppose were your hopes and dreams, none
of it comes off as remotely clever.
Old September 21st 17, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Xeno

On 22/09/2017 8:22 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 10:52:18 AM UTC-10, . wrote:
>>
>> How unfortunate that none are engineers, know anything
>> regarding applied mechanics and certainly don't have
>> the first clue about fluid mechanics.
>>
>> You truly sound beyond hope.

> Are you saying that automobile engines have two radiator bypass route? One external and one internal? Are you sure of this?
>
> OTOH, don't bother with responding. My crack team of legal professionals have advised me that, if you cannot produce any evidence that I have misrepresented, misspoke, or lied, about anything in my post, I should not respond to your ranting. Sorry but I have to listen to their expert opinion and anyway, I don't want to be led through your fantasy wonderland on your leash.

His *theoretical* fantasy wonderland.

He really needs to get down to the shop floor to see what is really
happening in the wide world outside

--

Xeno
Old September 21st 17, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
.[_2_]

On 9/21/2017 5:29 PM, Xeno wrote:
> On 22/09/2017 8:22 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 10:52:18 AM UTC-10, . wrote:
>>>
>>> How unfortunate that none are engineers, know anything
>>> regarding applied mechanics and certainly don't have
>>> the first clue about fluid mechanics.
>>>
>>> You truly sound beyond hope.

>> Are you saying that automobile engines have two radiator bypass route?
>> One external and one internal? Are you sure of this?
>>
>> OTOH, don't bother with responding. My crack team of legal
>> professionals have advised me that, if you cannot produce any evidence
>> that I have misrepresented, misspoke, or lied, about anything in my
>> post, I should not respond to your ranting. Sorry but I have to listen
>> to their expert opinion and anyway, I don't want to be led through
>> your fantasy wonderland on your leash.
>>

> His *theoretical* fantasy wonderland.
>
> He really needs to get down to the shop floor to see what is really
> happening in the wide world outside

All any competent professional need do is read through
this entire thread; 'nuff said.
Old September 21st 17, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Xeno

On 22/09/2017 8:40 AM, . wrote:
> On 9/21/2017 5:29 PM, Xeno wrote:

>>> Are you saying that automobile engines have two radiator bypass
>>> route? One external and one internal? Are you sure of this?
>>>
>>> OTOH, don't bother with responding. My crack team of legal
>>> professionals have advised me that, if you cannot produce any
>>> evidence that I have misrepresented, misspoke, or lied, about
>>> anything in my post, I should not respond to your ranting. Sorry but
>>> I have to listen to their expert opinion and anyway, I don't want to
>>> be led through your fantasy wonderland on your leash.
>>>

>> His *theoretical* fantasy wonderland.
>>
>> He really needs to get down to the shop floor to see what is really
>> happening in the wide world outside

> All any competent professional need do is read through
> this entire thread; 'nuff said.

And we're still waiting for one of those. Your first post in this thread
removed any doubt that you were one.

As I said, the door ------->

Watch that ego as you make your way to the exit.

--

Xeno

Honda thermostat fixed + how to test your thermostat... [email protected] Honda 5 March 18th 09 03:33 AM
Thermostat Q's Cletus[_2_] VW air cooled 5 April 18th 07 05:07 AM
thermostat! Steve VW air cooled 15 December 31st 05 09:36 AM
thermostat XY Alfa Romeo 1 October 28th 05 11:54 AM
thermostat rod paul horvath VW air cooled 1 November 28th 04 05:01 PM