LS1 to a 42LE transaxle

Old July 24th 13, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bruce

Default LS1 to a 42LE transaxle

I am working on a custom build of a mid engine car. I have but a 42LE tranaxle
from a 2000 chrysler 300 onto a 2001 corvett LS1 motor. Does anyone know where
I could get some help with the wiring to make this set up fuction. I could
make it shift manually but that defeats the dream.

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/tech/ls1-...le-111873-.htm

Old July 24th 13, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Bruce wrote:
> I am working on a custom build of a mid engine car. I have but a 42LE tranaxle
> from a 2000 chrysler 300 onto a 2001 corvett LS1 motor. Does anyone know where
> I could get some help with the wiring to make this set up fuction. I could
> make it shift manually but that defeats the dream.

How about making it a bit easier and using the transaxle from a '06-'10
Monte Carlo or Impala SS with the 5.3 in it? Might need to do some
adaption with the converter but the wiring would be close to drop in,
just some custom ECM programming to make the 5.3 ecm control the LS1 engine.
Old July 24th 13, 04:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 07/23/2013 08:18 PM, Bruce wrote:
> I am working on a custom build of a mid engine car. I have but a 42LE
> tranaxle
> from a 2000 chrysler 300 onto a 2001 corvett LS1 motor. Does anyone know
> where
> I could get some help with the wiring to make this set up fuction. I could
> make it shift manually but that defeats the dream.

i think that with a hybrid like this, since you can't get the vette
engine module to control the the chrysler trans, and you can't get the
chrysler module to control the vette engine so i'd say you're looking at
megasquirt/megashift for the whole thing.

<http://www.megamanual.com/index.html>
<http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/4L60e.html>

--
fact check required

42LE trans wiring rob Chrysler 4 November 2nd 10 06:33 PM
Transaxle Stuck buggerall VW air cooled 1 October 25th 07 12:50 PM
Harsh 2-1 downshift on 42LE Phil T Chrysler 8 June 14th 06 05:48 AM
transaxle jdl Technology 9 May 23rd 05 04:31 AM
42LE transmission - What's the endurance record? Old Car Chrysler 2 April 14th 05 02:08 AM