helical spring washers

Old July 3rd 13, 04:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default helical spring washers

On 07/03/2013 09:52 AM, jim beam wrote:
> On 07/03/2013 05:44 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

>>> so you just make stuff up instead - how convenient.
>>>

>> You're accusing me of lying about what I've personally seen and worked
>> on?
>>
>> nate
>>

> no, i'm saying you're an idiot that doesn't know what they're looking
> at, can't be bothered to educate himself, and is retarded enough to
> propagate their knowledge vacuum by making **** up and spreading it all
> over the net. you're a ****ing cretin nate - a disgrace to the
> engineering community, your alma mater and the interwebs.

Ah, so you are doing in your post exactly what you accuse me of doing.
And have nothing constructive to say. As usual.

jim, why don't you post some content of your own for once and attempt to
spread knowledge rather than your constant habit of trying to mask your
obvious insecurities by constantly telling everyone else how much
smarter you are than they without any proof whatsoever?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old July 3rd 13, 04:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 07/03/2013 08:01 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 07/03/2013 09:52 AM, jim beam wrote:

>>> You're accusing me of lying about what I've personally seen and worked
>>> on?
>>>
>>> nate
>>>

>> no, i'm saying you're an idiot that doesn't know what they're looking
>> at, can't be bothered to educate himself, and is retarded enough to
>> propagate their knowledge vacuum by making **** up and spreading it all
>> over the net. you're a ****ing cretin nate - a disgrace to the
>> engineering community, your alma mater and the interwebs.
>>

> Ah, so you are doing in your post exactly what you accuse me of doing.
> And have nothing constructive to say. As usual.
>
> jim, why don't you post some content of your own for once and attempt to
> spread knowledge rather than your constant habit of trying to mask your
> obvious insecurities by constantly telling everyone else how much
> smarter you are than they without any proof whatsoever?

are you for ****ing real??? i post the only ****ing link that answers
your inane blathering [as usual], something on which you've spent years
in ignorance, and yet i'm the one with "nothing constructive to say"???

you really are quite astoundingly incredibly unashamedly stooooopid.

--
fact check required
Old July 3rd 13, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 07/03/2013 11:10 AM, jim beam wrote:
> On 07/03/2013 08:01 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

>>> no, i'm saying you're an idiot that doesn't know what they're looking
>>> at, can't be bothered to educate himself, and is retarded enough to
>>> propagate their knowledge vacuum by making **** up and spreading it all
>>> over the net. you're a ****ing cretin nate - a disgrace to the
>>> engineering community, your alma mater and the interwebs.
>>>

>> Ah, so you are doing in your post exactly what you accuse me of doing.
>> And have nothing constructive to say. As usual.
>>
>> jim, why don't you post some content of your own for once and attempt to
>> spread knowledge rather than your constant habit of trying to mask your
>> obvious insecurities by constantly telling everyone else how much
>> smarter you are than they without any proof whatsoever?

> are you for ****ing real??? i post the only ****ing link that answers
> your inane blathering [as usual], something on which you've spent years
> in ignorance, and yet i'm the one with "nothing constructive to say"???
>
> you really are quite astoundingly incredibly unashamedly stooooopid.

Yet another post with no substance. Look in the mirror, retard. You're
such an asshole your own dog thinks you're a dick.

Old July 3rd 13, 08:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Wednesday, July 3, 2013 12:54:09 PM UTC-5, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 07/03/2013 11:10 AM, jim beam wrote:

> >> Ah, so you are doing in your post exactly what you accuse me of doing.

> >> And have nothing constructive to say. As usual.

> >> jim, why don't you post some content of your own for once and attempt to

> >> spread knowledge rather than your constant habit of trying to mask your

> >> obvious insecurities by constantly telling everyone else how much

> >> smarter you are than they without any proof whatsoever?

> > are you for ****ing real??? i post the only ****ing link that answers

> > your inane blathering [as usual], something on which you've spent years

> > in ignorance, and yet i'm the one with "nothing constructive to say"???

> > you really are quite astoundingly incredibly unashamedly stooooopid.

> Yet another post with no substance. Look in the mirror, retard. You're
>
> such an asshole your own dog thinks you're a dick.
>

> --
>
> replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
>
> http://members.cox.net/njnagel

If you want to do a Google for, stake nuts auto
Old July 3rd 13, 08:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Geoff Welsh

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat and Body Roll Bros Suspension Works wrote:
> according to this:
> http://www.boltscience.com/pages/hel...ingwashers.htm
>
> they are not effective (making the matter worse actually)
>
> and yet I think I saw them in some application lately.
> Why are they still made?

so people can make silly videos and call it science
Old July 4th 13, 08:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

On 7/2/13 6:20 PM, jim beam wrote:
> On 07/02/2013 05:36 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
>>>>
>>> how does marsden work?
>>> (
>>> from some of the pictures googled it looks like a free spinning nut
>>> )

>> It's a very old school arrangement, and I was trying to find you a good
>> explanation online and failing... but basically it *is* free spinning
>> when installed, then it's staked with a special tool to lock it.
>>
>> I never had the special tool, nor can I find a picture of it...

> staking tool my ass.
>
> www.google.com/patents/US1734445

a self distorting nut to bed better

what a clever ******* that Mardsen was

less-is-more to quote the makers of the perfectly cromulent phrases

Old July 4th 13, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 07/04/2013 12:35 AM, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat and Body Roll
Bros Suspension Works wrote:
> On 7/2/13 6:20 PM, jim beam wrote:
>> On 07/02/2013 05:36 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

>>> It's a very old school arrangement, and I was trying to find you a good
>>> explanation online and failing... but basically it *is* free spinning
>>> when installed, then it's staked with a special tool to lock it.
>>>
>>> I never had the special tool, nor can I find a picture of it...

>> staking tool my ass.
>>
>> www.google.com/patents/US1734445
>>

> a self distorting nut to bed better
>
> what a clever ******* that Mardsen was

indeed - genius in [*elastic* distortion] simplicity.

> less-is-more to quote the makers of the perfectly cromulent phrases

--
fact check required

Washers not working :-( R. Mark Clayton BMW 7 January 9th 09 03:57 AM
E39 headlight washers Dan Buchan BMW 2 December 30th 06 02:11 PM
Headlamp Washers E46 Mal Vicars BMW 1 December 22nd 05 08:24 PM
washers Jo in TO Jeep 0 June 24th 05 05:30 PM