Why you should convert your vehicle to flex fuel

Old November 22nd 10, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

Default Why you should convert your vehicle to flex fuel

On 11/21/2010 04:19 PM, Kevin Bottorff wrote:
> jim > wrote in
> :
>
>> On 11/19/2010 06:22 PM, Kevin Bottorff wrote:
>> <snip crap>
>>>
>>> it is now evident you work for the oil co`s as that is the only
>>> expaination for your blindness and false statements. Your so full of
>>> **** on the enery balance of ethanol your no longer worth debating
>>> with. KB

>> i think that most people seeing me criticize oilco's for rorting the
>> taxpayer with subsidized ethanol to "volumize" their gasoline, thus
>> reducing calorie content to increase sales, would conclude the
>> opposite.
>> but i don't share your space-time vortex, so i have no idea how such
>> position could appear to you...
>>

> since you position has no basis in fact how could they agree with you. hint
> there is no volumizer effect to ethanol that would be an advantage to big
> oil.

wrong kevin. the oil industry even admitted as such on their api website

http://api-ec.api.org/about//index.c...02001000000000

but that link has, since their own words can be quoted against them,
been taken down. [apparently people /do/ read this newsgroup!]

> that is all in your head. besides big oil fought tooth and nail to
> keep ethanol out.

initially yes. but that quickly went away with the tax bribes they were
given, and when they realized the extent to which they could now sell
fewer mpg's for more money. exactly the same happened with tightened
sulfur content regulations for diesel - there were about two weeks of
kerfuffle and protest, followed by a deafening silence once a FIVE
PERCENT decrease in calorie content for low sulfur diesel was realized.

> Only now buying ethanol plants as they gave up the fight
> and go back to trying to own the entire market. KB

see "taxes" above.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum