156 sidelight bulbs

Old March 31st 10, 05:08 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

Default 156 sidelight bulbs

"Catman" > wrote in message
> Don Harding wrote:
>> In message >, GT
>> > writes

>>> Just a glove out of the window was fine for my grandad!

>> I only ever did the passenger side sidelight, but it was pretty easy. Is
>> the driver's side more difficult? The only advice I can give is change
>> the bulb facing away from the car and reaching back.

> /me makes note to try that with Mrs Catman

No, she doesn't like it!

Old March 31st 10, 05:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> Don Harding wrote:
>>> In message >, GT

>>> I only ever did the passenger side sidelight, but it was pretty easy. Is
>>> the driver's side more difficult? The only advice I can give is change
>>> the bulb facing away from the car and reaching back.

>> /me makes note to try that with Mrs Catman

> No, she doesn't like it!

She *might*!

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old April 3rd 10, 01:33 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Catman spoke:
> > Before I subject myself to hours of torture, skinned
> > knuckles and lost ping-****its, any tips or general advice
> > from the FOAK here?
> >

> Don't. Really don't
>
> I used to live with mine until it was due for a service and Jamie
> *hated* me for it.

Mission accomplished!

About 10 minutes, with only slight loss of blood from left thumb,
and some skinned knuckles on right hand.

Indicator was much easier, the sidelight, once you RTFM and look at
the pictures, was *relatively* to get out.

Top Tip, turn the lights on when you re-fit it, and have someone
peer in through the front to help your aim.

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Old April 3rd 10, 05:43 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

R C Nesbit wrote:
> Catman spoke:
>>> Before I subject myself to hours of torture, skinned
>>> knuckles and lost ping-****its, any tips or general advice
>>> from the FOAK here?
>>>

>> Don't. Really don't
>>
>> I used to live with mine until it was due for a service and Jamie
>> *hated* me for it.

> Mission accomplished!
>
> About 10 minutes, with only slight loss of blood from left thumb,
> and some skinned knuckles on right hand.
>
> Indicator was much easier, the sidelight, once you RTFM and look at
> the pictures, was *relatively* to get out.
>
> Top Tip, turn the lights on when you re-fit it, and have someone
> peer in through the front to help your aim.

Congrats!

Old April 22nd 10, 03:22 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage[_3_]

"R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
> Catman spoke:
>> > Before I subject myself to hours of torture, skinned
>> > knuckles and lost ping-****its, any tips or general advice
>> > from the FOAK here?
>> >

>> Don't. Really don't
>>
>> I used to live with mine until it was due for a service and Jamie
>> *hated* me for it.

> Mission accomplished!
>
> About 10 minutes, with only slight loss of blood from left thumb,
> and some skinned knuckles on right hand.
>
> Indicator was much easier, the sidelight, once you RTFM and look at
> the pictures, was *relatively* to get out.
>
> Top Tip, turn the lights on when you re-fit it, and have someone
> peer in through the front to help your aim.
>

> --
> Rob Pearson
> 156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)
> 164 V6 Lusso (gone)

Just spotted this (been away, battling volcanic ash clouds) :

How the **** do you manage the indicator bulb (I assume you're talking front
ones) ? I truly don't see how you can reach the indicator bulb with even
vaguely normal sized hands ! Please explain...

Dave S....

Old April 25th 10, 10:45 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Dave Savage spoke:
> Just spotted this (been away, battling volcanic ash clouds) :
>
> How the **** do you manage the indicator bulb (I assume you're talking front
> ones) ? I truly don't see how you can reach the indicator bulb with even
> vaguely normal sized hands ! Please explain...

There is a large tab on the bulb holder. Grab it between 2 fingers and twist,
out it comes.
Assembly is the reverse etc.

The front side light was much more fiddly.

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

AD: Vests, LED bulbs, xenon-like bulbs at great prices! Hi-Vis.com.pl General 0 August 28th 05 12:59 AM
AD: Vests, LED bulbs, xenon-like bulbs at great prices! Hi-Vis.com.pl Technology 0 August 28th 05 12:59 AM
156 sidelight replacement Catman Alfa Romeo 0 July 22nd 05 03:54 PM
147 sidelight.... cupra Alfa Romeo 2 January 6th 05 09:54 AM
Disaster?! Sidelight problem PhilipS Alfa Romeo 4 December 19th 04 08:29 PM