Tyre recommendations - 156 SW

Old May 27th 09, 11:37 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Charlie Money

Default Tyre recommendations - 156 SW

Any recommendations? 156 SportWagon 1.9 JTD (205/55/16) Need new front
tyres to replace the Uniroyal Rainsports I have at the moment. They
lasted about 26,000 miles (is that reasonable?). I reckon the rear
tyres (replaced at the same time) have about 3000 miles left in them.

Definitely compromising between pricing/quality/longevity, so have
found in the £70-80 price range
Avon ZV5
Pirelli P600
Firestone TZ200
Firestone TZ300

Thanks
Charlie
Old May 27th 09, 12:22 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Charlie Money wrote:
> Any recommendations? 156 SportWagon 1.9 JTD (205/55/16) Need new front
> tyres to replace the Uniroyal Rainsports I have at the moment. They
> lasted about 26,000 miles (is that reasonable?). I reckon the rear
> tyres (replaced at the same time) have about 3000 miles left in them.
>
> Definitely compromising between pricing/quality/longevity, so have
> found in the £70-80 price range
> Avon ZV5
> Pirelli P600

Assuming you mean P6000...

These ones.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old May 27th 09, 03:53 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Aslan[_3_]

"Charlie Money" > skrev i en meddelelse
Any recommendations? 156 SportWagon 1.9 JTD (205/55/16)

Avon ZV5
Pirelli P600
Firestone TZ200
Firestone TZ300

Thanks
Charlie

Bridgestone Turanza ER300 - 205/55-16

Is very highly recommended by ADAC Germany and many Alfaisti here in Denmark

Aslan

Old May 27th 09, 04:37 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
loureed

I sell tyres - Turanza and Firestone (both models) are OK
Good compromise !!!!

Old May 27th 09, 05:33 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Charlie Money spoke:
> Any recommendations? 156 SportWagon 1.9 JTD (205/55/16) Need new front
> tyres to replace the Uniroyal Rainsports I have at the moment. They
> lasted about 26,000 miles (is that reasonable?). I reckon the rear
> tyres (replaced at the same time) have about 3000 miles left in them.
>
> Definitely compromising between pricing/quality/longevity, so have
> found in the £70-80 price range
> Avon ZV5
> Pirelli P600
> Firestone TZ200
> Firestone TZ300

Haven't tried them on my 156 yet, but in the past I've found Vredestein
tyres to be excellent - good performance, longevity, and low tyre noise,
and importantly, mid-priced (around £60)

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Old May 29th 09, 06:23 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Charlie Money > wrote:

> Any recommendations? 156 SportWagon 1.9 JTD (205/55/16) Need new front
> tyres to replace the Uniroyal Rainsports I have at the moment. They
> lasted about 26,000 miles (is that reasonable?). I reckon the rear
> tyres (replaced at the same time) have about 3000 miles left in them.
>
> Definitely compromising between pricing/quality/longevity, so have
> found in the £70-80 price range
> Avon ZV5
> Pirelli P600

Not these..... they may only be one zero short of P6000, but they're
nowhere near as good.

> Firestone TZ200
> Firestone TZ300

Pirelli P6000s are my choice time after time on Alfas.

I see the Bridgestone ER300 has been mentioned - they're a good tyre,
but probably more suited to heavier cars (I had them on the uber-lardy
current model Passat).
Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed - Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso
Ducati 750SS - BMW R100RT - Company Hack Focus TDCI

Tyre balancing... Tom E Audi 3 April 27th 09 01:00 AM
tyre [email protected] Technology 8 April 17th 07 12:50 AM
Tyre recommendations, 2003 A4Q 1.9 TDI Glenn Richards Audi 1 February 14th 06 09:01 PM
Tyre recommendations please - A6 Nev Arthur Audi 1 April 15th 05 07:35 PM
Tyre Spyders? Matt Driving 3 January 19th 05 11:45 PM