GT40X kit info?

Old February 19th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default GT40X kit info?

Cant find anything usefull on fordracing.com these days. This kit
comes without roller lifters, with 1.7" roller rockers.

First off, just curious if it will give significant gains on the low
end. Throttle response, torque, etc. Will the high lift be too much
for a smooth running street car?

Standard length pushrods?

Work with stock pistons for 89 GT ?

Thanks for any info.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...0%201&comp=LRS
If link doesnt work its under mustangparts\underhood\cylinderheads
\topendkits
found these guys through MM & FFs magazine.
Old February 19th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

I have these heads on my car and they are pretty much a bold-on
modification. There is no need to change pistons etc.

Old February 20th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RD Jones

On Feb 19, 4:50*pm, wrote:

> Cant find anything usefull on fordracing.com these days. This kit
> comes without roller lifters, with 1.7" roller rockers.
>
> First off, just curious if it will give significant gains on the low
> end. Throttle response, torque, etc. Will the high lift be too much
> for a smooth running street car?
>
> Standard length pushrods?
>
> Work with stock pistons for 89 GT ?

Read the description for the M-6007-XE3M* engine which uses GT40X
heads and the E cam.
Just about any head swap you make will decrease the low end torque in
order to make more
mid and top end. Life's just like that, there's no free lunch. Larger
port size and volume adds
to flow, which builds mid and high end power, and takes away low end.
The E cam improves performance above 2500rpm. Not below.

The stock pushrods and pistons are OK, and there's no issue with
higher lift causing problems
on the street. It's the duration and overlap that determines street
manners.

If all's you're concerned about is low end improvement, you might be
better off with E6 truck heads.

rd
Old February 22nd 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
scott and barb

Yeah but will they work with TRW L2482 forged pistons?Assuming they would
work with L-2488's.
"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> I have these heads on my car and they are pretty much a bold-on
> modification. There is no need to change pistons etc.
>
> wrote:
> > Cant find anything usefull on fordracing.com these days. This kit
> > comes without roller lifters, with 1.7" roller rockers.
> >
> > First off, just curious if it will give significant gains on the low
> > end. Throttle response, torque, etc. Will the high lift be too much
> > for a smooth running street car?
> >
> > Standard length pushrods?
> >
> > Work with stock pistons for 89 GT ?
> >
> > Thanks for any info.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...RS-6049B-K%20%
20%20%201&comp=LRS

Old February 22nd 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

scott and barb wrote:
> Yeah but will they work with TRW L2482 forged pistons?Assuming they would
> work with L-2488's.

The OP stated stock pistons.

Old February 25th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Feb 21, 9:27*pm, Michael Johnson > wrote:
> scott and barb wrote:
> > Yeah but will they work with TRW L2482 forged pistons?Assuming they would
> > work with L-2488's.

> The OP stated stock pistons.
>

> > "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> m...
> >> I have these heads on my car and they are pretty much a bold-on
> >> modification. *There is no need to change pistons etc.

> >http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...em_no=LRS-6049....
> > 20%20%201&comp=LRS

So after some research on the forums ive got my nearly final part list
for this project, all this stuff is supposed to work together with
stock pistons. Im wondering if there may be a clearance problem with
the taller valve covers and the manifold.

GT40X top end kit:
Kit Includes:
Cobra Intake
GT-40X Heads
1.7 Roller Rockers
Valve Covers
Timing Chain
Head Bolts
E Camshaft
Gasket Kit

Roller lifters FR
65mm throttle body BBK
EGR plate 65mm Edelbrock
24lb fuel injectors Summit
Mass Air Sensor 24lb 75mm Summit
Adjustable Fule Pressure Reg BBK
Fuel Pressure Gauge 1.5" Summit

Any thoughts or insight to possible problems?
Old February 25th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

wrote:
> On Feb 21, 9:27 pm, Michael Johnson > wrote:
>> scott and barb wrote:
>>> Yeah but will they work with TRW L2482 forged pistons?Assuming they would
>>> work with L-2488's.

>> The OP stated stock pistons.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...em_no=LRS-6049...
>>> 20%20%201&comp=LRS

> So after some research on the forums ive got my nearly final part list
> for this project, all this stuff is supposed to work together with
> stock pistons. Im wondering if there may be a clearance problem with
> the taller valve covers and the manifold.

I don't think standard size valve covers will conflict with that intake.
I suggest getting the valve springs tested because they can be off
even though the heads are new. Also, a little port/gasket matching
would be good and give a nice performance bump.

> GT40X top end kit:
> Kit Includes:
> Cobra Intake
> GT-40X Heads
> 1.7 Roller Rockers
> Valve Covers
> Timing Chain
> Head Bolts
> E Camshaft
> Gasket Kit
>
> Roller lifters FR
> 65mm throttle body BBK
> EGR plate 65mm Edelbrock
> 24lb fuel injectors Summit
> Mass Air Sensor 24lb 75mm Summit
> Adjustable Fule Pressure Reg BBK
> Fuel Pressure Gauge 1.5" Summit
>
> Any thoughts or insight to possible problems?

Get some new high performance push rods just to be safe.

GLI Info [email protected] VW water cooled 0 August 14th 07 12:02 AM
Just a little info punxyguy Saturn 0 March 15th 06 02:46 AM
98 4cyl Camry with 150k mileage. Need tuneup info and brake info. [email protected] Technology 4 September 20th 05 04:51 AM
M Z3 info please tech27 BMW 5 January 20th 05 10:33 PM
Z06 info Mark Richardson Corvette 10 November 7th 04 01:28 PM